A Few Notes...

About the New Classifieds

• The programmers that provided the old classifieds script have discontinued it so there was no other option than to find a replacement
  • Existing ads have been imported along with ad contact information
  • All imported ads have a new post & expiration date
  • Existing ad posters can gain access to edit or delete their ad by clicking “Edit Ad”, then entering the email address that was used when registering their SA account and using the “Click here to have your Ad access keys sent to you” link.  Anyone that has problems can contact me for help: webmaster@southernairboat.com
  • New ad posters can edit or delete their own ads using a code that will be sent to their email address
  • Classified ad users can contact the ad poster without exposing the poster’s email (blind email system, similar to Craigslist)
  • Ads expire after 90 days, but can be deleted or marked as “sold” by the ad poster if necessary.  If you have problems, or want me to make changes to your ad, I’ll be glad to take care of it.
  • The classifieds are now mobile friendly so be sure to check them out with your mobile
  • As always, to use the Southern Airboat Classifieds, you have to be in agreement with the rules & terms posted here: http://www.southernairboat.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=19891

I’ll probably be adding more to this list as we gain more experience with this new classifieds system.

Good luck with your buy, sale, or trade and contact me with any problems.

Thanks

By | 2016-10-26T11:24:46+00:00 April 11th, 2016|Site Related|20 Comments

About the Author:

Profile photo of Rick
Born & raised in Central Florida and love everything about it...especially airboating.

20 Comments

1. Tony April 14, 2016 at 9:32 am - Reply

The phone # for this add should b 321-215-1447 not 421,could figure out how to edit thanks

2. Profile photo of Rick
    Rick April 14, 2016 at 12:38 pm

No problem, I made that change.

3. Tom marrotte April 16, 2016 at 5:28 pm - Reply

Rick
    Could you delete my add please?
    I filled out the form twice for the codes , but no email came . I also checked my junk folder.
    I sold my skiff today
    Thanks

• Profile photo of Rick
      Rick April 16, 2016 at 6:42 pm

No problem. I marked it as sold.

Hate to say it, but bellsouth.net has been blocking email from SA for years…never been able to figure out.

One of these days I’ll figure it out, but in the meantime, if you have a another email account ie., gmail, yahoo, etc., everything should work fine.

Thanks

4. Danny Howe April 24, 2016 at 3:56 pm - Reply

Where do you sign in now to be able to go to your profile I’m missing the old page it was much better i’m not sure why it was changed??

5. Profile photo of Rick
    Rick April 24, 2016 at 6:00 pm

The programmers that made the old classifieds script have discontinued it so there was no other option than to find a replacement.

You do not need to log in now to post an ad. You only need to provide your email address when you post and your email address will not be disclosed to anyone when viewing or responding to your ad.

Here’s the discussion on SA leading up to the change that took place: http://www.southernairboat.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68372

6. Danny Howe April 25, 2016 at 10:02 am - Reply

Understand I guess you have to do what you have to do thanks. I was wondering I want to repost my add to bring it back to the top can I do this??

7. Profile photo of Rick
    Rick April 26, 2016 at 9:02 am

No problem at all with re-posting your ad.

• Danny Howe April 26, 2016 at 9:26 am - Reply

I was wondering how to do this do I have to mark it as sold then post it again??

8. Profile photo of Rick
    Rick April 27, 2016 at 2:22 am

I’ll delete your old ad (or ads) after you re-post if you want.

Just let me know when the new ad is posted: webmaster@southernairboat.com

9. Duece May 3, 2016 at 5:55 pm - Reply

Posted an ad today and don’t see it…any ideas? It was under hunting and fishing.

10. Profile photo of Rick
    Rick May 4, 2016 at 7:42 am

No, moderation is not required. It should post immediately if successful.

I’m interested in knowing what the problem is/was. Did you upload images as well?

11. Profile photo of Rick
    Rick May 4, 2016 at 7:47 am

Also, I apologize for these comments needing approval. I’ve changed that setting so they should appear instantly know.

12. Byron May 22, 2016 at 12:06 pm - Reply

Hi. We want to post our airboat for sale but can’t find any fee information. What is the charge for posting, please?

• Profile photo of Rick
      Rick May 23, 2016 at 5:47 am

No charge. It’s free.

13. Tye May 25, 2016 at 8:10 am - Reply

Does anyone know of someone that wants to sell a 10ft hull

14. Bruce October 28, 2016 at 4:18 pm - Reply

Southern Airboat classified was great. Received quite a few calls about the airboat and it was sold by the second person who inquired. Thanks so much to Southern Airboat.

15. Steve Anderson October 28, 2016 at 8:00 pm - Reply

Hi Rick

I just posted my airboat. I try to edit and change price to $14,500.00. I don’t knowhy it came up 33,471.00 on add.

Thanks
    Steve Anderson
    802 793 8616

16. Profile photo of Rick
    Rick October 30, 2016 at 12:17 pm

Sorry for the delayed response Steve. I’ve been doing a lot of running around this weekend.

It looks like you got that price changed. Is everything okay now?

Thanks,