Trying to figure out what exactly I have

Airboat propeller discussion.
jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Trying to figure out what exactly I have

Postby jopete » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:58 pm

the woods between buffalo cove and Grevanberg is where I was talking about. the second set of woods between Grevanberg and the ceabon ain't a lot of fun now either!! lol

you ain't missing out on anything in Shaw Island, they had a few birds but more hunters than ducks.
I go by Jopete around the house, we probly have crossed paths huntin/fishin. when I get back in the money i'm gonna put together another boat probably something just like the one you have now. I have had big block boats before, just thinking a 350 set up right will go where I want to and not be so thirsty on fuel.

Basin_Runner355
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Basin_Runner355 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:57 am

Man i run both set of x roads. On step i could run the x roads with my eyes closed i ran them
So manny times.
14ft diamond back zz4 350 sbc 2:1 belt drive reduction with a 80 inch whirlwind prop powershift hub pitched at 4850

crazycoonass
Southern Airboat Member

Postby crazycoonass » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:47 pm

I ran a set of whirlwind blades in a water walker/powershift hub for years. Worked fine except when it was time to adjust them. They fit really tight in the hub and were hard to move them. The blades did fine otherwise until something went through them and they blew up. I replaced them with water walker blades and really don't see much or any difference in performance. And I'm running three blades on a ZZ4 with a 2:1 belt drive. I have fast burn type heads and roller rockers so I have a bit more hp than stock. It takes me where I need to go but I run mostly marsh and rarely venture into the basin. Hope that helps.

Return to “Prop Talk”