Heavy hull

Airboat propeller discussion.
cottonmouth540
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:35 pm

Heavy hull

Postby cottonmouth540 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:42 pm

I have an older Allumintech that's 13'6. I'm running a sv O540 with 10:1. I just purchased a 72" three blade JN series prop. The boat just doesn't have the push I was hoping for and gets stuck running on certain ground surfaces. My friend was running just about the same setup with a 2 blade NGQ series. I'm sure his boat is a little lighter. He has no problem running ground where my boat struggles. My question is does the 2 blade have that much more push than my 3 blade or might it be something else?


Sent from my iPhone using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Re: Heavy hull

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:35 am

NGQ has real good push. My old ground power had a water walker 2 blade was great pushed hard I decided to go quieter with the ngq same size prop went from pushing hard to pushing really hard the difference was night and day it ran dry with four people it could never do that with the water walker not saying the water walker didn't push hard just it was no ngq for sure.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:38 am
Location: Naturecoast, Florida

Re: Heavy hull

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:38 am

I ran NGQs on a big (16ft) DD car motor boat and they pushed dry very well. It would be a great comparison if you two could swap blades for a day and test.

User avatar
airboater67
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:13 pm
Location: ponchatoula, La.

Re: Heavy hull

Postby airboater67 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:25 am

cottonmouth540 wrote:I have an older Allumintech that's 13'6. I'm running a sv O540 with 10:1. I just purchased a 72" three blade JN series prop. The boat just doesn't have the push I was hoping for and gets stuck running on certain ground surfaces. My friend was running just about the same setup with a 2 blade NGQ series. I'm sure his boat is a little lighter. He has no problem running ground where my boat struggles. My question is does the 2 blade have that much more push than my 3 blade or might it be something else?

Keep me informed, I'm about to buy a jn also.
Sent from my iPhone using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk

User avatar
airboater67
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:13 pm
Location: ponchatoula, La.

Re: Heavy hull

Postby airboater67 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:56 am

Would love if y'all could swap blades. I will be running almost your same setup except with a hamant and a stock 520. Been thinking of running 3 blade jn. What rpm are you swinging the jn?


User avatar
kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:23 pm
Location: Bartow FL

Re: Heavy hull

Postby kwanjangnihm » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:39 am

cottonmouth540 wrote: I just purchased a 72" three blade JN series prop.


Will sensenich let you swap the setup for a NGQ?
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

cottonmouth540
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:35 pm

Re: Heavy hull

Postby cottonmouth540 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:38 pm

airboater67 wrote:Would love if y'all could swap blades. I will be running almost your same setup except with a hamant and a stock 520. Been thinking of running 3 blade jn. What rpm are you swinging the jn?

Right now it's at had 2700 wot which is what they recommend.


Sent from my iPhone using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk

User avatar
406 JAMIE
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:12 pm
Location: WEST BY GOD MELBOURNE

Re: Heavy hull

Postby 406 JAMIE » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:20 pm

here's 1 of the first hulls alumntech put out 1988 13x7 that boat hauled @$$!!!!!!! Go anywhere with 2guys my size 300lbs and loaded down with cooler and chairs toolbox.motor was wide deck AV fuel injected 540/300hp @2750 swinging a whirl wind 3bld 74in and each bld was 9.5in wide. :thumbleft:

And that hull was heavyyyyyyyyyy with poly. :rebel:
Attachments
CAM00629.jpg
CAM00759.jpg
Melbourne Mud Mafia Down And Dirty

User avatar
airboater67
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:13 pm
Location: ponchatoula, La.

Re: Heavy hull

Postby airboater67 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:13 pm

cottonmouth540 wrote:
airboater67 wrote:Would love if y'all could swap blades. I will be running almost your same setup except with a hamant and a stock 520. Been thinking of running 3 blade jn. What rpm are you swinging the jn?

Right now it's at had 2700 wot which is what they recommend.
Seems a little low huh. It's rated for 3k right?. Your leaving hp on the table

Sent from my iPhone using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk


Return to “Prop Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: boatair and 2 guests