SouthernAirboat.com   Pictures & Wallpapers   Classifieds   Forum   Weather & Water Data   Store   Calendar   Airboat Directory   Site Support  

By accessing or using this Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as stated in the SouthernAirboat.com Terms of Service

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: GTO Fishing Tournament
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:04 am 
Southern Airboat Member

Just a reminder to all you redfish and trout fisherman, tomorrow Saturday May 5, 2012 is GTO Performance Airboats Salt Water Airboat Fishing Tournament in Cedar Key FL, $15,000 Total Purse ( In Cash and Prizes - Based on 100 Airboats ) Sign up applications will be accepted in person up until May 5 at registration site. For further information or details please call GTO @ 1-352-401-9070 Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:52 pm 
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Just a note: Watch the speed limit signs entering Cedar Keys. They are STRICTLY enforced!!!
Good luck to all :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:49 pm 
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Papajack...thanks for the heads up. I have been know to have a heavy foot.

Modern Performance Engines, LLC
Custom built engines for airboats, hotrods, mud trucks, buggies, circle track and drag racing!

352-282-6407
MPEKeith@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:33 pm 
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

OK, so who caught fish? :dontknow:

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:09 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

And try not to blow away any of the hundreds of small sailboats that are here this weekend for the small boat meet !!!!!!haahahhahh

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:16 pm 
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Now I am really bummed! Didn,t get to fish and missed what could have been a REALLY fast sailboat race. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:12 pm 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Was there really a hundred airboats over there fishing in that Tournament :dontknow: :scratch:

Tater Nutz
2012 15 x 8 ALum GTO w2ft grassrake
383 stroker 463 HP with stinger 255 to 1 soft drive
Sensenich 3 Blade 80" R series

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:05 pm 
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

i am really dissapointed with the tournament. There was no last place prize or worst fisherman award. i would have won both hands down. Norm said he would think about it for next year. The food ,comapany and area was great some of the teams did really well. Could not have asked for better weather. The whole gto team went way above board to make this a great event. We had a great time. About thirty boats participated . Some really nice reds and trout were cought. I did my part for conservation and left all that were near my hook in the water for next year. Fun event thanks again to the whole gto gang for the hard work that went into preparing this event.

Ride boat 14 ft Don Davis Davis sled iron sbc

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:48 am 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

anvil wrote:
i am really dissapointed with the tournament. There was no last place prize or worst fisherman award. i would have won both hands down. Norm said he would think about it for next year. The food ,comapany and area was great some of the teams did really well. Could not have asked for better weather. The whole gto team went way above board to make this a great event. We had a great time. About thirty boats participated . Some really nice reds and trout were cought. I did my part for conservation and left all that were near my hook in the water for next year. Fun event thanks again to the whole gto gang for the hard work that went into preparing this event.

Anvil better luck next time. We did pretty good at the tournament placed second in the bag and had a good day overall.I agree GTO did a excellent job with the food and all.I would had liked to had won that prop but maybe next time.Met alot of good people and fellow airboaters wish we could of had more boats but the disable vets were having an airboat tournament up at shired island so im sure that took some airboats away but that was for a good cause so good deal.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:52 am 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

papajack wrote:
Now I am really bummed! Didn,t get to fish and missed what could have been a REALLY fast sailboat race. :lol:

Was this you who I met at Stoneys getting gas on Friday?Good meeting you and I also met Roxy and poobought the day of the tournament.They all got some sweet ass boats.I really like the name of roxys boat(SCREW THE LIMIT).Although that may bring you some added attention from FWC.LOL

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:37 am 
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

becktc2004 wrote:
papajack wrote:

Was this you who I met at Stoneys getting gas on Friday?Good meeting you and I also met Roxy and poobought the day of the tournament.They all got some sweet ass boats.I really like the name of roxys boat(SCREW THE LIMIT).Although that may bring you some added attention from FWC.LOL

Yes, that was me, and I agree they got some super rides. Poobought posted a few pictures on the site, check them out. Keith told me the results will be posted here soon as well as in Airboat Magazine.

Let me know if you want to go fishin the cheap way one weekend and we will take the mini(s) out. One of mine is getting a couple of upgrades but should be done soon.

Jack