GTO Fishing Tournament

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
Dewayne
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:05 am

GTO Fishing Tournament

Postby Dewayne » Fri May 04, 2012 10:04 am

Just a reminder to all you redfish and trout fisherman, tomorrow Saturday May 5, 2012 is GTO Performance Airboats Salt Water Airboat Fishing Tournament in Cedar Key FL, $15,000 Total Purse ( In Cash and Prizes - Based on 100 Airboats ) Sign up applications will be accepted in person up until May 5 at registration site. For further information or details please call GTO @ 1-352-401-9070 Thank you.

papajack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:35 am
Location: Levy, Fl

Re: GTO Fishing Tournament

Postby papajack » Fri May 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Just a note: Watch the speed limit signs entering Cedar Keys. They are STRICTLY enforced!!!
Good luck to all :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

User avatar
muffled500hp
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 1688
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:55 am
Location: Ocala, FL USA

Re: GTO Fishing Tournament

Postby muffled500hp » Fri May 04, 2012 3:49 pm

Papajack...thanks for the heads up. I have been know to have a heavy foot.
Keith ~~

Modern Performance Engines, LLC
Custom built engines for airboats, hotrods, mud trucks, buggies, circle track and drag racing!

352-282-6407
MPEKeith@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/modernperformanceenginesllc

papajack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:35 am
Location: Levy, Fl

Re: GTO Fishing Tournament

Postby papajack » Sat May 05, 2012 3:33 pm

OK, so who caught fish? :dontknow:

User avatar
kissmyss
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: cedar key fl.

Re: GTO Fishing Tournament

Postby kissmyss » Sat May 05, 2012 6:09 pm

And try not to blow away any of the hundreds of small sailboats that are here this weekend for the small boat meet !!!!!!haahahhahh


papajack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:35 am
Location: Levy, Fl

Re: GTO Fishing Tournament

Postby papajack » Sat May 05, 2012 7:16 pm

Now I am really bummed! Didn,t get to fish and missed what could have been a REALLY fast sailboat race. :lol:

User avatar
MacGyver
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Ocala Florida
Contact:

Re: GTO Fishing Tournament

Postby MacGyver » Sat May 05, 2012 8:12 pm

Was there really a hundred airboats over there fishing in that Tournament :dontknow: :scratch:
MacGyver

Tater Nutz
2012 15 x 8 ALum GTO w2ft grassrake
383 stroker 463 HP with stinger 255 to 1 soft drive
Sensenich 3 Blade 80" R series

User avatar
anvil
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:01 pm
Location: crescent city florida
Contact:

Re: GTO Fishing Tournament

Postby anvil » Sun May 06, 2012 4:05 pm

i am really dissapointed with the tournament. There was no last place prize or worst fisherman award. i would have won both hands down. Norm said he would think about it for next year. The food ,comapany and area was great some of the teams did really well. Could not have asked for better weather. The whole gto team went way above board to make this a great event. We had a great time. About thirty boats participated . Some really nice reds and trout were cought. I did my part for conservation and left all that were near my hook in the water for next year. Fun event thanks again to the whole gto gang for the hard work that went into preparing this event.
The company of men who seek the truth is much prefered to those who think they have it


Ride boat 14 ft Don Davis Davis sled iron sbc

becktc2004
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:36 pm
Location: chiefland

Re: GTO Fishing Tournament

Postby becktc2004 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:48 am

anvil wrote:i am really dissapointed with the tournament. There was no last place prize or worst fisherman award. i would have won both hands down. Norm said he would think about it for next year. The food ,comapany and area was great some of the teams did really well. Could not have asked for better weather. The whole gto team went way above board to make this a great event. We had a great time. About thirty boats participated . Some really nice reds and trout were cought. I did my part for conservation and left all that were near my hook in the water for next year. Fun event thanks again to the whole gto gang for the hard work that went into preparing this event.

Anvil better luck next time. We did pretty good at the tournament placed second in the bag and had a good day overall.I agree GTO did a excellent job with the food and all.I would had liked to had won that prop but maybe next time.Met alot of good people and fellow airboaters wish we could of had more boats but the disable vets were having an airboat tournament up at shired island so im sure that took some airboats away but that was for a good cause so good deal.

becktc2004
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:36 pm
Location: chiefland

Re: GTO Fishing Tournament

Postby becktc2004 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:52 am

papajack wrote:Now I am really bummed! Didn,t get to fish and missed what could have been a REALLY fast sailboat race. :lol:

Was this you who I met at Stoneys getting gas on Friday?Good meeting you and I also met Roxy and poobought the day of the tournament.They all got some sweet ass boats.I really like the name of roxys boat(SCREW THE LIMIT).Although that may bring you some added attention from FWC.LOL

papajack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:35 am
Location: Levy, Fl

Re: GTO Fishing Tournament

Postby papajack » Wed May 09, 2012 12:37 pm

becktc2004 wrote:
papajack wrote:Now I am really bummed! Didn,t get to fish and missed what could have been a REALLY fast sailboat race. :lol:

Was this you who I met at Stoneys getting gas on Friday?Good meeting you and I also met Roxy and poobought the day of the tournament.They all got some sweet ass boats.I really like the name of roxys boat(SCREW THE LIMIT).Although that may bring you some added attention from FWC.LOL



Yes, that was me, and I agree they got some super rides. Poobought posted a few pictures on the site, check them out. Keith told me the results will be posted here soon as well as in Airboat Magazine.

Let me know if you want to go fishin the cheap way one weekend and we will take the mini(s) out. One of mine is getting a couple of upgrades but should be done soon.

Jack


Return to “Airboat Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 16 guests