Opinions on deck colors and coating

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
tampabayairboat
Southern Airboat Member

Opinions on deck colors and coating

Postby tampabayairboat » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:52 pm

I am a new registered member. However, I have been on the website for years. I really appreciate the information this forum has to offer. My dilemma is whether to have the 3/4 top deck of my new airboat build painted in black or a lighter color such as tan or grey. Pros on the black I believe would be easier to keep clean and matches the camo wrap. The cons may be too hot in the warmer months and may not be easier to keep clean. The main concern is whether black is too hot and how does it keep clean. The cosmetic appearance is secondary. I also wanted to know any opinions on the durability and ability to clean Alumitech's standard deck coating versus Line X, Rhino lining, Hydro Turf and similar products. My primary uses are saltwater fishing and gator hunting. Thanks in advance.

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Opinions on deck colors and coating

Postby Whitebear » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:20 pm

I moved this over to Airboat Talk from Site Related trouble thread. If it really should be in Airboat Tek I will move it on over there.......
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby HuntingBigun » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:26 pm

I have had both lighter colors and dark painted, I stay with dark paint or seadek if you went that way as well really worth the money JMO
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com/index.html

Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

Hutch
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby Hutch » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:26 pm

Pettit EZ Decks non skid platinum is what I have on my 3/4 deck AC sled and it's over 8 years old and still looks like new. Cool to touch and I use Clorox Clean Up to get the crud off when I want it to look pretty.

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby jopete » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:02 pm

i put hydro-turf on all my boats. you can stand on it in the middle of the summer with no shoes on.

i commercial fish out of my skiffs and it holds up well. sharp edges will cut it. blood washes out easy with a hosepipe.

it may not be a durable as a rino type liner or a tough as some others, but it is non skid and i won't own a airboat without it under my feet when i'm driving.

oh, and easy to install when u get the self adheasive sheets. you can also cut some small peices and put it under stuff to make it non-skid. [ice chest, radio's, storage boxes. toolboxes, etc...

you can get sheets of the 'seconds' for alot cheaper.

if u use hydroturf, be aware that the sheets are not perfectly square. you may need to trim a bit to make them line up perfectly. all u need is a sharp knife.

good luck.

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:56 am

Hutch wrote:Pettit EZ Decks non skid platinum is what I have on my 3/4 deck AC sled and it's over 8 years old and still looks like new. Cool to touch and I use Clorox Clean Up to get the crud off when I want it to look pretty.

Just ordered EZ decks platinum looks like a good choice to me. Hope to have it on this weekend.

Return to “Airboat Talk”