2nd annual ride and cookout at Mack's fish camp??

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

2nd annual ride and cookout at Mack's fish camp??

Postby radtech » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 pm

Thought I'd start this thing a little earlier this time and get some feedback. I plan to be at Mack's the weekend of May 27th. I want to plan a ride and cookout again for that weekend or the next. Let me know your thoughts and possible problems with one weekend or another. I'm flexible. I really enjoyed all the fun and meeting new airboating friends last year and look forward to doing it again.

lilly-Pad
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: 2nd annual ride and cookout at Mack's fish camp??

Postby lilly-Pad » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:41 am

ride with U anytime Bro......................
12 ft Don Davis / 0470 conv / 68 NGQ , A.A.O.F member

Best laid plans of mice and men, wont always get you laid.............

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby radtech » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:12 am

Look forward to riding with you, brother!

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby flcracker9 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Count me in again! I enjoyed the last ride, and the food was oustanding!
Kevin
12' Open Palm Beach, IO-0470-L 260hp, 72" NGQ

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:01 pm

We missed last year but barring unforeseen circumstances, we're up for it!
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby radtech » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:09 pm

Awesome. Date not set in stone, so as time gets closer, let me know if there are problems with certain dates. Would love for everyone who wants to come to be there

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby radtech » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:32 pm

Going to throw out a tentative plan just to get some feedback. Would like to do the ride and cookout either sat May 27th or Sunday May 28th. If either day works better for the masses, let me know. Gonna be another great time. Hopefully we won't have a sudden morning storm like last time. lol Could be we make a last minute change either way if the weather forecast is better one day or the other

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby radtech » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:57 am

bumpity bump

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby radtech » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:09 pm

Gonna keep this post alive. Not sure yet what the menu will be, and open to suggestions, but looking forward to getting together to ride. Gonna be in the glades for 2 weeks, so lookin forward to some new and great rides as well

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby pipedog » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:23 pm

That sounds good to me, count me and my wife in! It'll be good to meet you and ride out at Marshall's :cheers:
13'6" Combee 454 dd - "Q" blade

lilly-Pad
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby lilly-Pad » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:06 am

Looking forward to seeing everyone and riding again always a great time. Tim I was thinking maybe not on cookout day we could ride out to the swimming hole from Mack's. We may have to stage some gas at a friendly camp along the way or maybe plan to stop at the Miccosukee gas station along the way for a resupply the have fuel for both AC and CM boats....

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby radtech » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:35 am

Awesome, Pipedog! It'll be great to meet you. Looking forward to riding with ya!!

Ish, that sounds like a plan. I can take a fair amount of fuel on my barge. I didn't know you could ride to the tower from Mack's, but I'm up for it the first good non-rain day

Lwells
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Lwells » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:19 pm

I just read this and sounds interesting and sounds like an event where new airboaters might get to know others but every time I read about one of these events no one says where you would have to go to put in the water, how long a trip, or directions so if your not acquainted with someone who has been there then your kind of left up the creek without a paddle. Ive had an air boat for two years but can't seem to get to know anyone with a boat to kind of run with on occasions and get to know them. Problem this year is I'm going to be working more with less free time so I guess I'm fishing to find out how a new air boater gets to know the others besides just talking on here for next fall I'm going to see to it I got plenty of time. Thanks

Junker
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Junker » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:41 pm

Pull up on the hill and say hello ??
14 x 8 Hamant
383 - 2.38 Stinger
80" 3 Blade
Stainless rigged

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Cherpa » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:58 pm

Lwells, Radtech's event is @ Mack's Fish Camp not Camp Mack. Mack's Fish Camp is located off of SR 997 (alt. US 27) in Miami, close to the Broward Co. line. Go on line and check out their web-page and get directions.
We grow too soon old and too late smart.

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby radtech » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:40 am

Lwells, it will be probably a couple hour ride followed by a cookout of some sort at Mack's fish camp. Come on out and ride. It's a relatively controlled area, so it's hard to get lost, but we will certainly not leave anyone behind. Plus, Ill be in the area for 2 weeks, so feel free to plan to meet up with us and ride. Hope to see you there.

Cherpa! How ya doin, brother? Enjoyed meeting you and the rest of the guys. Hope to see you all again this year.

lilly-Pad
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby lilly-Pad » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:09 am

Lwells wrote:I just read this and sounds interesting and sounds like an event where new airboaters might get to know others but every time I read about one of these events no one says where you would have to go to put in the water, how long a trip, or directions so if your not acquainted with someone who has been there then your kind of left up the creek without a paddle. Ive had an air boat for two years but can't seem to get to know anyone with a boat to kind of run with on occasions and get to know them. Problem this year is I'm going to be working more with less free time so I guess I'm fishing to find out how a new air boater gets to know the others besides just talking on here for next fall I'm going to see to it I got plenty of time. Thanks

I would post on here when you can ride and where you are located and someone in your are will pop up. Most airboaters will be happy to show you around some for sure. I would also look into joining your local club not only is it a great way to meet other airboat folks but safety in #'s as far as our rights go.

Rent a cabin at Mack's lot's of places to ride from and around there and you can't beat Marshall for great Gladesmen hospitality :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby radtech » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:28 am

I'll be based at Mack's for 2 weeks, but am planning to ride out to the tower at least once, 2A out to see Gerald at Old Glory, and any other places we can get invited to. lol Anyone is welcome to come ride with us any time. So far, I intend to be there from May 26th til June 12th. The ride can be planned for the 27th or the 28th, as I assume more folks can ride on the weekend. It may come down to checking the forecast that week so we don't get hit by a storm like last year. lol Still a great time and some of us hung in to ride after the feast and go swimming. Sure looking forward to doing it again

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby radtech » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:15 am

This is the physical address given on the website. There is no # and yo u ll see why when you get there. Lol

Danell Lane, Pembroke Pines, FL 33029

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby radtech » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:39 am

...and here's the website. It may prove useful for more than the ride. Marshall and his family are great folks and they know the glades. Not many can tell you so much about it. Just love hearing him tell about the area, statistics, etc. And the stories...wow! Definitely look it up.

http://www.macksfishcamp.com/

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby flcracker9 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:11 pm

Lwells wrote:I just read this and sounds interesting and sounds like an event where new airboaters might get to know others but every time I read about one of these events no one says where you would have to go to put in the water, how long a trip, or directions so if your not acquainted with someone who has been there then your kind of left up the creek without a paddle. Ive had an air boat for two years but can't seem to get to know anyone with a boat to kind of run with on occasions and get to know them. Problem this year is I'm going to be working more with less free time so I guess I'm fishing to find out how a new air boater gets to know the others besides just talking on here for next fall I'm going to see to it I got plenty of time. Thanks

Lwells, I personally don't know anyone riding out of Okeechobee, but there are many clubs you can join, and they usually post dates for events, that's a great way to meet new folks. I'm a member of KRVSA (Kissimmee River Valley Sportsmen Association), they have a website, and a Facebook page, though most of there riding is north of you. There's a group that rides the south/west side of Okeechobee, the Hendry County Airboaters Association that you could join. Another option is when you think your gonna ride, post on here "anyone riding this weekend", and you'll be surprised how many invites you will get. Another place to post is on Southern Airboat Facebook page. There's also a bunch of folks that ride to the tree house every Thursday after work (Belle Glade), I just show up there once in a while. I get up to Kissimmee quite often, along with area 2A and 3A down south in the glades. If you'd like, I can PM you next time we go, always happy to show someone around.
12' Open Palm Beach, IO-0470-L 260hp, 72" NGQ

Lwells
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Lwells » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:22 pm

I want to thank everyone for the great information and I would love sometime to meet all of you and I sure would like to meet Gerald for he seems like a Hoot and bet he is a ball to be around. Like I said, I'm going to be working for awhile but I may be able to make Mack's and am hopeful. I have an 02 Hamant 16ft 9passanger continental 470 angle/ valve which I hope would get me around down there.

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby radtech » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:37 am

Like I said, you're welcome to ride with us any time while we're there. Hate I live 12 hrs away or I'd be down there every weekend. lol Look forward to meeting you and any one else that wants to join in in the spring

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby radtech » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:02 am

I've thought about this trip ever since I got home from the last one. Can't wait to be back down in the glades. I was thinking this year for the cookout, I might get together a bunch of baby back ribs and make my famous smoked ribs. Sure am looking forward to seeing everyone at Mack's.

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Gary S » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:52 am

Tim glad the plans for a return are made and confirmed. Look forward to the outing and the food. The boil was definitely a hit and plenty to eat. If it's ribs this year it's OK with me.

Return to “Airboat Talk”