fire at 3 forks at Malabar

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

fire at 3 forks at Malabar

Postby pontoon outlaw » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:32 pm

:scratch: the thought is that Fire wiped out an entire Bird population :slap: I always go there before the Sun comes up just to watch the huge Bird flock rise out of the Cat Tails that are now burnt to the ground the couple days after it was out there were no Birds to be seen or heard... I realize nobody cares :dontknow: it just the little things that suck...when the burn stuff...for looks...

OneBFC
Southern Airboat Member

Re: fire at 3 forks at Malabar

Postby OneBFC » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:13 am

Fire rescue people told me last week that it was a wild fire and no prescribed. Perhaps the birds will return when the cats come back in a couple months?

People care.....
-Russ
-----------------------------------
The only thing stopping you is FEAR
400hp Ecotec, 12x7.6 DBDO, 4B Falchon, 2.3 OX,70+mph,10mpg,water = purely optional
Life begins at 2 BAR, Just a good ole boy

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby pontoon outlaw » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:08 pm

mmm!!!! makes you wonder how a Fire starts in a closed area? that very same area was burned a couple years ago...same results...Lightning out of a sunny sky LOL!!!! or a fire ball out of a moving helicopter.....

OneBFC
Southern Airboat Member

Postby OneBFC » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:38 pm

They were lighting fires with the helicopter. I saw it in action personally. The man i was talking to on the ground said they were "burning out blocks" to keep the fire from spreading uncontrollably.

I asked how it got started and he said somewhere along the river it was set off.

Just reporting what i learned first hand. Really dont have any more details. Sure is a big area that got smoked.

Going to be out that way tomorrow fishing....will see how it looks this week.
-Russ
-----------------------------------
The only thing stopping you is FEAR
400hp Ecotec, 12x7.6 DBDO, 4B Falchon, 2.3 OX,70+mph,10mpg,water = purely optional
Life begins at 2 BAR, Just a good ole boy

Return to “Airboat Talk”