Riding in South Florida

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
Batemaster
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Riding in South Florida

Postby Batemaster » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Scotty1 wrote::rebel: I would not run that boat like that those blades should be balanced or weigh the same. you should send them back to the manufacture and have them reworked. :rebel:

We bought the used boat like that. I'll try and see if there is a manufacturer on the blade to identify who made them and what model they are. Thanks.

John Fenner
Southern Airboat Member

Postby John Fenner » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:59 pm

Looks like a warp drive, no big deal, can run without it unless major vibration is present.
Gus Guell is the man,,, he apprenticed under my father at air carrier engine service and then aerothrust, lots of memories.
I never finish anyth,,,.

Batemaster
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Batemaster » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:57 pm

IMG_1080.JPG

Batemaster
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Batemaster » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Thank you John for the reply. Never got a chance to reply. Redid all the wiring, grounds, etc leading to the console. Finally getting a chance to take the boat to Gus this week for a once over. I believe the boat is running on one mag and will need a mag rebuild. S4LN-20 is the problematic mag. 21 works fine. Any idea how much these run to rebuild? 2 of the blades on my prop also need the leading edge replaced. Almost ready to get out on the water again. Looking forward to riding with everyone.

Batemaster
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Batemaster » Mon May 15, 2017 8:26 pm

Got the boat back from Gus today. Great person to deal with, knowledgeable and very fair. Got a bunch of things fixed or replaced but cylinder 3 and 1 need a further look. There's a slight knock and it seems it could last forever or not very long. Debating whether investigate or ride til it dies. It's only noticeable at idle and not when throttled. I can already see parts are a pain to find and expensive for the 290.

Return to “Airboat Talk”