HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING?

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
Lwells
Southern Airboat Member

HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING?

Postby Lwells » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:09 pm

I might have missed the topic but after the poker run was over at A.A.O.F I've not seen anything on here about how it went over all. I went, but had to ask another airboater to lead me around by the nose so I could get my cards for my navigator, bless her sole, kept me lost till he showed up and was kind enough to lead us around.

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING?

Postby glades cat » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:57 pm

Yea, the Corned Beef-n-cabbage/ Poker run was another great event. The food was outstanding...as usual. Great music and there was enough water for the ride. The good thing about riding behind the AAOF is, you ain't lost 'till you run out of gas. No airboater left behind.
The annual BBQ is coming up on April 29. That is the big event. There's still water, but it's getting low. Doing a rain dance here-n-there. Playing some rain songs ....
Have you ever seen the rain-CCR
Let it rain- Eric Clapton

...y'all add your favorites to the list and git us some drops from above.
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Cherpa » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:37 am

Lwells wrote:I might have missed the topic but after the poker run was over at A.A.O.F I've not seen anything on here about how it went over all. I went, but had to ask another airboater to lead me around by the nose so I could get my cards for my navigator, bless her sole, kept me lost till he showed up and was kind enough to lead us around.

Well ?! Tell us. How was it ? Did you enjoy the ride ? Was the food any good ? How about the band ? The main thing is, did you have a good time ?
We grow too soon old and too late smart.

Krahammer
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Krahammer » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:26 am

I went down for the AAOF poker run. It was my first both for an airboat poker run, and an organized airboat ride. Had a great time and made some new friends, one of whom drove 70 miles each way the following week to save my ass when my radiator blew in the marsh north of the stick marsh!

The band was great and everybody was friendly and welcoming. I'll definitely be back!

Lwells
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Lwells » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:59 pm

Cherpa: we enjoyed it and the people working parking were extremely nice but we didn't get to eat because we had to head back and they were pretty late serving I heard but we stayed till 2:30 or 3:00, can't remember. We had to leave home at 6:00 that morning to get there by 10:30 which we thought was when we needed to be there. We didn't realize the poker run would be as it was for poker runs we had been to everyone got there at a certain time and left out one by one till all were gone but we are new to this so we will learn. It would have been nice if there had been signs posted out on the highway for the event for everyone don't know the area. Everyone we talked to were very nice and we hope to come again, just got to get use to running in hay fields for that's what it looked like for as far as you can see and would be easy to loose your bearing. I will pay more attention next time and not count on a navigator.lol

Lwells
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Lwells » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:56 pm

I also wanted to say that the people that were out in their boats all day to pass out cards were super nice and surely very dedicated to have done so. I tried not to spray any of them as I left them and hope I didn't.

Return to “Airboat Talk”