1st airboat ! Reccomendations "please"

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
Warden
Southern Airboat Member

1st airboat ! Reccomendations "please"

Postby Warden » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:40 pm

Ok , im new at this , im in upstate ny , i live on a shallow running creek , its 300' wide and meanders for many miles it has some small rapids ,, i also have grassy fields with rolling hills that i would need to navigate dry ! i also would like to get out on the hudson river , which this creek connects with ! I own normal boats already ! Not new to that ! I build race engines for circle track and drag race and the occasional race boat ! I have a shop full of 700+ hp Small blocks , but i think i want an aircraft powered unit ? I do want a fast boat , i ran several before in the glades and one up here all car engines all fun the one up here i built an engine for the owner and i got to play with it , my phone gps said 62mph .. i dont think i want anything much slower ! Quieter would be nice tho ! BTW , these things drive like a dirt circle track car , incase anyone wonders ! SO a used airboat to start for me ! 2-4 seater ... that will bite in a turn , and run up hill dry ! ....Reccomendations Appreciated ?? Thank you , tony /RVES 845-626-3412

pierson skunkape
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: 1st airboat ! Reccomendations "please"

Postby pierson skunkape » Tue May 23, 2017 4:27 pm

You are looking for a company called Unicorn custom airboats there in Iceland........ you can't traverse Rapids and run 60 70 miles an hour all your heart's content because there won't be anybody around to hurt except yourself........ my suggestion would be to stick to tour boats

Warden
Southern Airboat Member

Re: 1st airboat ! Reccomendations "please"

Postby Warden » Tue May 23, 2017 5:11 pm

Life begins at 100 ....mph .... them tour boats are dangerous .... we went on one last year .... Barffed my brains out ! Has 2 grown men makeing out in the front seat every time the pilot stopped ... ill pass on the tours
But thanks for the advice ! W

Return to “Airboat Talk”