Lake Flourence drying up.....

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Lake Flourence drying up.....

Postby pontoon outlaw » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Camped out Friday...launched at Flourence....WATER or the lack of...is WAY down hasn't been this low in years....by the end of this week...there might be a small Trail of MUD to get to Lake Poinsette if we're lucky....damn to we need RAIN. :thumbleft: of course they say no Rain in sight.....just be aware.. if ya haven't launched outa there in a while...

mojoe
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Lake Flourence drying up.....

Postby mojoe » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:33 pm

It was flowing backwards up here Friday. It is at what I call low water equilibrium.

Only thing that can drop it any more would be a steady south wind.... and the NOAA forecast is for a steady SE blow later in the week.

We will see.
Airboating is like marriage: There are unlimited ways a person can be right, and somehow still be wrong at the same time!!

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:30 pm

I was there 2 week end ago boat would not start. will try this week end is it really that dry you can slide out the canal?

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: RE: Re: Lake Flourence drying up.....

Postby pontoon outlaw » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:52 pm

terrible ted wrote:I was there 2 week end ago boat would not start. will try this week end is it really that dry you can slide out the canal?

The canal has 3 inches of water in it the lake is a mud hole going out not sticky yet the water in Poinsett is dropping so Florence canal fed can't keep up

Sent from my E6833 using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Water https://www.facebook.com/ylonka.henriqu ... 4874322/is down in winder but I have seen it lower around the early 2000'S
Last edited by terrible ted on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Ted a lot of us dont have facebook - links only work if you log into facebook :dontknow:
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:36 pm

My wife took them not sure how to post them otherwise.

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

Postby diamondback0320 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:01 am

nah no fb here!

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

Postby diamondback0320 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:02 am

how'd the boat run ted?

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:31 am

Ran fine it was warm. Put in a cabbage. Drove THRU THE LANDING. Then spun the truck around and backed down to the river.

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby pontoon outlaw » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Flourence still has skinny water LOL!!! even with no Rain....yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUTNFISN
Southern Airboat Member

Postby HUTNFISN » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Anybody been out to Lake Flourence after all this rain, just wondering if the water level is coming up at all?

OneBFC
Southern Airboat Member

Postby OneBFC » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:40 pm

Went out last weekend from 520 and went south to the camp on Dozer canal south of 192 and then back to 520.

I don't ride the areas around Florence enough to know by heart where all the trails are when they get grown over :)

Anyway, we found a trail head on the west side of Poinsette and pushed it all down on the way to camp McKinnie(sp?) and then rode the fence line on past Pontoon and then hooked back into Winder eventually.

It was dry for a considerable distance and cage high vegetation here and there. But, some skinny sections were also mixed in.

I took a peek at the Florence side and couldn't tell if the water was up enough to not have to beat your brains out coming that way or not. if I were to guess, by now, yes it's probably got some liquid in there.

Oak head was a parking lot though...mowed grass and all about 150 yards out from the trees! Maybe there's water in there now too...

I say go for a ride and you about 80/20 on the water being there!
-Russ
-----------------------------------
The only thing stopping you is FEAR
400+hp Ecotec, 12x7.6 DBDO, 80" 3B Maximus, 2.3 OX,70+mph, water = purely optional
Life begins at 2 BAR, Just a good ole boy

90chevy396
Southern Airboat Member

Postby 90chevy396 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:27 pm

There is water leaving Florence all the way to pointset at least a foot deep

Sent from my iPhone using Southern Airboat
13' LASER W/455 BUICK DD SINGLE FRONT DOUBLE REAR WHIRL WIND PROPELLER

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby JAMES » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:14 pm

Water is fine out their a canoe could make it out been good for 2-3 weeks
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

HUTNFISN
Southern Airboat Member

Postby HUTNFISN » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:10 am

Rode the back trail out of Flourence on Tuesday, nice afternoon ride. We went out again on Wednesday and someone had shot up glass bottles for target practice right were I back up the trailer. We ended up driving around and launching out of Lone cabbage.

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:43 am

Sounds like the same mental defective that runs around with an over zealous sawzall. :banghead:
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

joshua357
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby joshua357 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:46 am

While walking our jon boat through skinny water last week due to mechanical issues my foot managed to find a broken bottle. Idiots abound everywhere, time to remove the warning labels and let nature take its course.

mojoe
Southern Airboat Member

Postby mojoe » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:20 am

Also disappointing is the fact that they enjoy reading these anecdotes of misery due to their actions.
Airboating is like marriage: There are unlimited ways a person can be right, and somehow still be wrong at the same time!!

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:11 pm

HUTNFISN wrote:Rode the back trail out of Flourence on Tuesday, nice afternoon ride. We went out again on Wednesday and someone had shot up glass bottles for target practice right were I back up the trailer. We ended up driving around and launching out of Lone cabbage.

Well a few years ago we pulled up to lake Florence coming from the back trail. Some idiot had targets set up by the lake and a shade tent on the road with rifles shooting toward the lake. Luckily I believe (sheriff) Keith? showed up to get this dumb ass before we did. For all we know he was shooting when we came out onto the lake from the trail.

Redfishtom
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Redfishtom » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Went out today. Thanks to the guys plowing the trail down to the moccasin lake shelter! Ran the whole west side from middle river , buzzards roost, pontoon camp, to the what I call " the sanctuary". I bit of dry running by buzzards roost and spotty dry areas in the cypress areas. Great day! Have not been to some of those areas since shortly after the hurricane.

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby pontoon outlaw » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:03 am

Heck yes riding getting better on the gas bill lol!!!! Nothing like plowing down the high grass and getting all the critters in the boat

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby pontoon outlaw » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:04 am

terrible ted wrote:
HUTNFISN wrote:Rode the back trail out of Flourence on Tuesday, nice afternoon ride. We went out again on Wednesday and someone had shot up glass bottles for target practice right were I back up the trailer. We ended up driving around and launching out of Lone cabbage.

Well a few years ago we pulled up to lake Florence coming from the back trail. Some idiot had targets set up by the lake and a shade tent on the road with rifles shooting toward the lake. Luckily I believe (sheriff) Keith? showed up to get this dumb ass before we did. For all we know he was shooting when we came out onto the lake from the trail.

Ted they still do that but, the guns are getting bigger
Redfishtom wrote:Went out today. Thanks to the guys plowing the trail down to the moccasin lake shelter! Ran the whole west side from middle river , buzzards roost, pontoon camp, to the what I call " the sanctuary". I bit of dry running by buzzards roost and spotty dry areas in the cypress areas. Great day! Have not been to some of those areas since shortly after the hurricane.

Return to “Airboat Talk”