Ban Bear Hunts for 10 years!!

Stories, places to go, techniques, equipment, etc..
kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Ban Bear Hunts for 10 years!!

Postby kwanjangnihm » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:38 am

http://floridapolitics.com/archives/233 ... od-habitat

The bills, entitled “The Florida Black Bear Habitat Restoration Act,” would also place a 10-year ban on bear hunting, which was resumed three years ago due to the assumption that Florida’s bear population had grown so much that it was forcing bears into the suburbs.

She needs to go!! :angry5:
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Ban Bear Hunts for 10 years!!

Postby terrible ted » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:51 am

Cant be done only the FWC can under FL constitutional law. The bill would violates the law.

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:23 pm

I am so sick of these stupid dems people better get off their ass agan because if they do get this bull crap passed it will not only effect bear hunting it will effect hunting in general they are saying that hunting pushes the bears out of the woods. What a joke stupid we need to stomp their asses.

mad_mike
Southern Airboat Member

Postby mad_mike » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:29 pm

If there is a sustainable population it should be available for harvest. Is something wrong, that the consumptive users cannot manage your states resources?

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:47 pm

mad_mike wrote:If there is a sustainable population it should be available for harvest. Is something wrong, that the consumptive users cannot manage your states resources?

It is called Libtards.

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:52 pm

Bill cant pass that what I was saying. That bill is illegal. It will not go anywhere because now it will violate the Florida constitution.

mad_mike
Southern Airboat Member

Postby mad_mike » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:56 pm

jeepinocala1111 wrote:
mad_mike wrote:If there is a sustainable population it should be available for harvest. Is something wrong, that the consumptive users cannot manage your states resources?

It is called Libtards.

Libtard, non-consumptive, wildlife viewing all should take a back seat to the management of wild resources for the maximum sustained yield to the consumptive user group. That group being licensed hunters, trappers, and fishermen first, subsiestance users second, and commercial/guide/ charter third.
Sounds like you have enough bears down there that there should be liberal hunting regs and a opportunity for a descent harvest of the resource.
:alaska: :old_glory:

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:07 am

It never ceases to amaze me that such flaming libtards can avoid spontaneous combustion. :shock:

The literary masterpiece :scratch: referenced above is here in regular type:

As state Rep. Amy Mercado declares, Florida’s now-annual black bear hunt has become a “slaughter.”

Mercado and fellow Orlando Democratic state Sen. Linda Stewart laid out bills Wednesday to ban the hunts for 10 years, as well as steps to keep bears happy enough in the forests and stop raiding neighborhoods. WTF ?? Who conducted the Focus Group with the bears that arrived at this determination ?

“The bears, we’ve encroached on their homes,” Mercado said. “They were here first. And a slaughter of the bears is unacceptable.” If these liberal clowns were to succeed in this misguided endeavor, they will probably be back again later and wanting to pay the bears reparations for their previous inconvenience. :roll:

Mercado’s House Bill 491 and Stewart’s Senate Bill 1304 would call for the state to stop the harvest of the bears’ primary food before they go into winter denning season, saw palmetto berries, on state lands. They also seek to redirect controlled burns so that they do not affect bears’ habitats at the wrong times of the year (Evidently the focus group also determined when the bears would prefer to have controlled burns. Perhaps somebody should explain to the bears and some elected officials that they aren't the only factor concerning when burns are prescribed.) and channel some money from the state’s Non-Game Wildlife Fund into grants to purchase bear-resistant trash cans for neighborhoods near bear habitats, (why do they want to prevent bears from using trash cans? :lol: ) such as the Wekiva Springs neighborhoods of Orlando plagued by numerous wandering bears in recent years.

Maybe if they put Big Screen TVs in the woods, the bears would stop wandering into town. Or maybe put giant Purina Bear Chow dispensers in the woods for their convenience.

It also would have state officials run more bear census studies. Ya, more government for no reason ! :cheers:

The bills, entitled “The Florida Black Bear Habitat Restoration Act,” would also place a 10-year ban on bear hunting, which was resumed three years ago due to the assumption that Florida’s bear population had grown so much that it was forcing bears into the suburbs. Did the Bear Focus Group disprove this assumption, and/or the logic it was based on ?

“What has been happening is that people have been going out into the forests, our public lands, and they have been harvesting the palmetto berries. Is this really a problem? How many tens of thousands of Floridians are going out into the bear's habitat and picking palmetto berries every weekend ? And that is one of the primary foods of the black bear. So when you see the bears coming into your neighborhood and swimming in your swimming pool, they are looking for a food source,” :shock: WTF ? Bears are swimming in my pool because they are hungry and looking for berries ? Stewart said.

“If we can just keep them where they are supposed to have their habitat by not infringing on their habitat, then that is what we should attempt to do.” OK, Now stop, and re-read that last statement so you fully grasp the mental defectiveness contained therein. Did this now infamous Bear Focus Group teach them where their habitat is supposed to be ? If not, how are they supposed to know where their habitat is supposed to be?

Actually, all they need to do is secure a grant and build them some swimming pools in the woods by the Big Screen TVs and the Purina Bear Chow feeders. :idea: Oh, that would cost to much? Well, maybe we could just have a Bear Season and thin them out ?
:violent1:

Similar bills including one by then-state Sen. Darren Soto of Orlando were introduced last year but died. Imagine that, probably nobody stepped up to pay for all this stupidity.

Stewart and Chuck O’Neal, co-chair of The League of Women Voters Florida environmental committee, said he and Stewart’s staff have worked with state officials to try to alleviate some of their concerns, and have made five significant changes from Soto’s bill. So then . . . that is that to say that it was five significant steps stupider than this ?

O’Neal said the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission has agreed to some parts of the bill, including the funding. Of other disagreements from last year, he said “the sharp edges have been shaved off,” though that does not necessarily mean the Commission now supports them.

“There was no buy-in by the FWC last year. This year Sen. Stewart’s staff has worked with the FWC,” O’Neal said. “So with their buy-in this year we hope it passes.”

O’Neal claimed that 90 percent of Floridians want to protect black bears, and the issue is garnering worldwide attention. MADE UP FACT . . . FAKE NEWS !!! That's no more credible than me saying the 90 percent of all black bears want to protect Floridians. :roll: Worldwide Attention? Given how he perceives the size of his perceived audience, his Self-Esteem classes must have been radically successful. :cheers:

“So the eyes of the world are on Florida,” he said. “Are we going to do the right thing?” I can't help wonder how many years of College it took for this idiot to get this self-centered and become the sole voice of what the sheeple perceive to be right and wrong. :scratch:

“We want to see this bill scheduled. We want to see it heard. And we want the people of this state to have the opportunity to come to the stand and testify before the Legislature that they want this bill passed.”
Well, of course that is what you want.
If everybody acts like they are mentally defective, then nobody is a libtard ! :banghead:

--[ END RANT ]---
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:10 am

http://www.fox13news.com/news/florida-n ... 7543-story

Florida black bears denied endangered status.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on Tuesday rejected those concerns, voiced by more than a dozen animal welfare groups, including the Animal Legal Defense Fund and the Center for Biological Diversity.

In March, the groups petitioned the service to place the Florida black bear on the Federal Endangered Species list. The Service announced its decision Tuesday afternoon, saying the groups’ petition did not present substantial information that would warrant listing bears as endangered.

In making their argument, the groups claimed Florida’s black bear population declined an estimated 20 percent in 2015 – to around 3,000 to 3,500. That year saw the first state-authorized bear hunt since 1994.

Animal groups fear it’s a precursor to what happened in the last century, when hunting and human population growth in Florida saw the bear population cut from 11,000 to just 300, before state protections helped the bear population rebound.

While Tuesday’s decision will be disappointing to the groups who petitioned the service, it is being greeted as positive news by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. It views the current bear population as a success story and a tribute to conservation efforts across the state of Florida.

Federal regulators tend to agree.

"This is very good news based on sound science for both the black bear and the people of Florida,” said Larry Williams, with the US Fish and Wildlife Service. “Thanks to the cooperative efforts of all partners, Florida’s largest land mammal is thriving, and we fully expect populations to continue to grow in coming years.”
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

406 JAMIE
Southern Airboat Member

Postby 406 JAMIE » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:56 pm

just seen on news. Tree huggers won .no bear hunt until 2019 :violent1: :slap: :banghead:
Melbourne Mud Mafia Down And Dirty

OneBFC
Southern Airboat Member

Postby OneBFC » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:39 pm

What i always find amazing is, its always people that do not enjoy a thing that try to regulate a thing from others that do.

Do you see people that live "in the country" trying to tell people that "live in the city" what they can and cant do?

This is always a one way road; why is that?

When you discover the answer, you will understand the world a lot better.

Hope you guys get your access back in 2019.....
-Russ
-----------------------------------
The only thing stopping you is FEAR
400hp Ecotec, 12x7.6 DBDO, 4B Falchon, 2.3 OX,70+mph, water = purely optional
Life begins at 2 BAR, Just a good ole boy

406 JAMIE
Southern Airboat Member

Postby 406 JAMIE » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:34 am

well y all if these F ing TREE HUGGERS just got there way then what's to keep them from B!T$HING to stop all of us from having a place to ride and now hunt WTF!!!!! :violent1: :slap: :banghead:

This wright here what these TREE HUGGERS r doing is 1 reason i will not build a boat even theo i want 1 again soooo bad i can taste it lmao. Y all plz besafe and pray we don't lose our riding land/hunting land. :thumbleft: :cheers: :rebel:
Melbourne Mud Mafia Down And Dirty

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Rich Andrews » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:38 am

You can thank this guy for starting the mess Image
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:22 pm

Instead we are having Sheeple hunts this year :)

richbag
Southern Airboat Member

Postby richbag » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:06 pm

I got tired of reading all the bull sh-t above. My take is if you don't like to hunt that's fine. But because you don't hunt don't mean I shouldn't hunt. Hunting is also a form of game management. Most of these people who are anti hunting complain cause they think we can just walk out into the woods and shoot an animal, when in fact it is not that at all. Just leave us hunters alone and quite taking your hunting land from us or restricting us to a specific gun to hunt with. Like using a shoot gun in an area that requires a rifle just because of the range. Bear hunting has been closed for the last 20 years. It opened 2 or 3 years ago and they took there quota limit in the first weekend. Now instead of selling several hundreds of bear tags when you only want 50 bears taken then sell that number. YOU DON'T NEED TO BAN BEAR HUNTING FOR ANOTHER 10 YEARS. Who ever said ban bear hunting how's about you give up your (car, cell phone, and computer ) for the next 10 years.

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby flcracker9 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Rich Andrews wrote:You can thank this guy for starting the mess Image

I said the same thing last year! Has to be something in it for ole "Snake skin Ron". Not sure why he doesn't support the scientific evidence? 2 years ago, he said he wanted to wait until the new survey numbers came out even though the old survey numbers supported a hunt. Anyone with any common sense, knew the population had grown, as vehicle collisions and human/bear confrontations escalated. So last year, he again voted "no", even after the new numbers confirmed what we all already knew, the population had grown, and was more than sustainable? Does anyone know his reasoning for voting no? Seems he's turned his back on the people that supported his nomination in the 1st place.
12' Open Palm Beach, IO-0470-L 260hp, 72" NGQ

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:14 pm

richbag wrote:I got tired of reading all the bull sh-t above. My take is if you don't like to hunt that's fine. But because you don't hunt don't mean I shouldn't hunt. Hunting is also a form of game management. Most of these people who are anti hunting complain cause they think we can just walk out into the woods and shoot an animal, when in fact it is not that at all. Just leave us hunters alone and quite taking your hunting land from us or restricting us to a specific gun to hunt with. Like using a shoot gun in an area that requires a rifle just because of the range. Bear hunting has been closed for the last 20 years. It opened 2 or 3 years ago and they took there quota limit in the first weekend. Now instead of selling several hundreds of bear tags when you only want 50 bears taken then sell that number. YOU DON'T NEED TO BAN BEAR HUNTING FOR ANOTHER 10 YEARS. Who ever said ban bear hunting how's about you give up your (car, cell phone, and computer ) for the next 10 years.

These are the same sheeple that tell us what to do on the water then NONE of them pay registration for the care of the lake.

nomad41
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby nomad41 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:50 pm

And now Ron is thinking about running for governor. That's scary
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomad41/
Treasurer FAA
Member:FAA, KRVSA ,IRCAA, FSCA,BAHCC,OAA
http://www.suncoastyachtservices.com
14.5x8 Diamondback ,SBC Stroker,2.68 Stinger,Sensenich 82" R
Svcliche@yahoo.com

Krahammer
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Krahammer » Sun May 07, 2017 11:51 pm

And you don't have to vote for him. Adam Putnam, current Agriculture Commissioner from a well established Florida farming/ranching family, is running on the R ticket, and he is pro-hunting, pro-hunting, pro-life, and will make a fine governor.

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Mon May 08, 2017 9:24 am

This is truly good news. There needed to be a good, viable alternative.

If Morgan runs, as he's implied; far to many libers/sheeple
will be voting for his perceived pot views and name recognition.

Either way, we surely do not need or want a Globalist in training to be running the show here.
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

Krahammer
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Krahammer » Mon May 08, 2017 11:35 am

John Morgan is Bad News for freedom loving people.

Return to “Hunting & Fishing”