Painterchic bought an Engine... now I need help!!!!

Aircraft powered airboat discussion.
cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Re: Painterchic bought an Engine... now I need help!!!!

Postby cntry141iq » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:30 pm

Painter chic when you the one holdin the rope ... well ya know what they say .. LOL but seriously if it ever happens again .. quickly throw a loop over the side bunks with the rope and tell the driver to get on the hill now .. then if they screw it up it is on them better than leavin you holdin the rope /bag unless there is M & M's in the bag. Have you tried the new cherry cordial and chocalte mint flavors ??? man they are good the white chocolate was great as well ...
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:01 pm

I gotta tell ya... that baby went down so fast it was almost scary!! We know how it all happened in hindsight (it really is 20/20 ya know).... Prior to this launching, the boat had trouble getting off the trailer without doing that hit the brake and slide it back by inertia thing and eventually it would work its way to the back of the trailer and float off when it got enough water under it... Well it was a bit different this time... the boat had a fresh coat of frog spit on the bottom and when it was being backed down into the water it decided to take off on its own before it actually got all the way backed in... when it finally it bottom and the front of the boat was now in the air still on the trailer, we just hooked it back up and pulled it out! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It definitely makes one appreciate a shallow boat launch verses a steep one! :shock: But it was on the bottom before I really figured out what was happening, much less had time to actually react to it... I just remember looking down at my hands holding the rope and realising there wasn't any skin left on them, it had all been ripped off just trying to hold on... :shock:

I'm really hoping that incident puts me in the "Real Airboater" class so I can skip sinking my own boat and still qualify... :lol: :lol:

As for the different flavors of M&M's, I've tried the cordial and mint I think, but the white chocolate ones I haven't yet... I've had the pretzel ones too and to me they just don't make the cut, however the coconut ones are exceptional and I can make myself sick on those in a hurry... Now that I think about it though I'm not sure I've ever met ANY type of M&M that I wouldn't eat... if there was, I claim some sort of mental illness I'm sure... LOL

I noticed one more thing on Friday about my cage and seat stand... the rudders that were on it are only about 40" tall and I want to use 48" rudders, so that's one more thing that needs to be modified by Alumitech. I talked with Ramon about it yesterday and he of course said NO PROBLEM!... He's such a great guy...

T :smurfin:
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

cflacowboy001
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby cflacowboy001 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:35 pm

I can see it now ,PC's in her boat getting ready to fire it up .Theres a big crowd and I will bet there will be . Someone in the crowd yells out HEY YALL WATCH THIS ............LOL good luck to you PC ,hurry up it's time to ride !

yobee
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby yobee » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:39 pm

cflacowboy001 wrote:I can see it now ,PC's in her boat getting ready to fire it up .Theres a big crowd and I will bet there will be . Someone in the crowd yells out HEY YALL WATCH THIS ............LOL good luck to you PC ,hurry up it's time to ride !

Please lord let me be there! :lol: :lol:
Life is great, without it you'd be dead.
Volusia County Sportsmen's Conservation Association Member
http://lakeokeechobeeairboatassociation.org/
Continental powered Performance hull.

Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Southern Style » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:12 am

[quote="painterchic"]I gotta tell ya... that baby went down so fast it was almost scary!! We know how it all happened in hindsight (it really is 20/20 ya know).... Prior to this launching, the boat had trouble getting off the trailer without doing that hit the brake and slide it back by inertia thing and eventually it would work its way to the back of the trailer and float off when it got enough water under it... Well it was a bit different this time... the boat had a fresh coat of frog spit on the bottom and when it was being backed down into the water it decided to take off on its own before it actually got all the way backed in... when it finally it bottom and the front of the boat was now in the air still on the trailer, we just hooked it back up and pulled it out! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It definitely makes one appreciate a shallow boat launch verses a steep one! :shock: But it was on the bottom before I really figured out what was happening, much less had time to actually react to it... I just remember looking down at my hands holding the rope and realising there wasn't any skin left on them, it had all been ripped off just trying to hold on... :shock:

For someone who is trying to keep the conversation ON TOPIC,,,, you really are not helping yourself here... Please proof read your messages before hitting the SEND button... Just trying to help, hate to hear it head in some of the old directions.........

:lol: :lol: :downtown: :downtown: :downtown: :downtown:
DONT ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY...THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.....
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:50 pm

I decided that since it's been almost a year since I posted on this thread it was about time to bring it back to life with an update on my boat project... (Not that you guys have been ragging on me to get it finished or anything... :lol: :lol: )

The hull is in my garage now, up on sawhorses, ready for me to finish the final sanding on it and paint it. I went over to Alumitech today and met with the guy who is going to be doing the modifications to my rigging for me. We have a game plan now and he's going to be getting to it ASAP per Raymon and Steve. I'm supposed to have it back before Christmas so I can get back to work on it. (that's my Christmas present to myself... working on my OWN boat... LOL) It would be really nice if Santa brought me a prop for Christmas, but I'm not sure I've been that good this year... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: But one can always dream!

I decided that since the rigging is currently all aluminum as well as all one piece (being the seat package, cage, and engine stand) I was going to have them seperate out the engine stand from the rest since we have to build a new one anyway to fit my engine. It's currently set up for a 6 Cyl Lycoming. And if I have to do any shifting for balance issues, I don't have to move the whole thing. So now there is a new stainless engine stand in the works, as well as all the other tinkery stuff that I wanted to modify. When I get it back it will be set up with a single front driver, and a triple seat in the back, with a wider floor panel in the back to stand on (its set up for a double now), a slightly different rudder configuration (it had 40" rudders, now it will have 48"), new teleflex cable, gas tank, and it will be tweaked in a couple of places to fit my hull, and some steps added to it so I can get my short legged, chunky butt up into the drivers seat.

Paint scheme... still can't make up my mind what color I want it, but I'm still leaning towards just painting the hull black for now and getting it together and then maybe doing a wrap on it later that will bring out my slightly "colorful" personality... LOL :toothy7:

Southern Style wrote:For someone who is trying to keep the conversation ON TOPIC,,,, you really are not helping yourself here... Please proof read your messages before hitting the SEND button... Just trying to help, hate to hear it head in some of the old directions.........

:lol: :lol: :downtown: :downtown: :downtown: :downtown:

Not sure how I missed seeing this post last year, because lord knows I certainly would have responded to it! :lol: Now that being said, in my own defense here, you guys have a knack for turning ANYTHING I say around that can and will take this thread off in a direction to parts unknown, and ya can't always be blaming me! (I really am innocent most of the time :angel4: ) However I do seem to dig myself some pretty deep holes that I can't quite get myself out of... :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby ptr34 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:44 pm

About damn time women
if u don't run dry .then should have gotten a bassboat
tons videos on YouTube ptr34

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Paint it black and we will come target practice on it with our paint ball guns. You can then clear coat it and call it the M&M Special !!
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:10 am

ptr34 wrote:About damn time women

Hey now... good things take time!! (that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D )

Whitebear wrote:Paint it black and we will come target practice on it with our paint ball guns. You can then clear coat it and call it the M&M Special !!

Don't think something like that hasn't already crossed my mind... LOL

The problem is definitely too many choices! Every time I think I might have a good idea, another one comes along that throws the last one right out the window, and then I'm right back to square one!... :roll: :lol:

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Yawn ..... :!: Stretch ...... :!: OK, so 4,447,982 posts later ...... am I to understand that this engine (which has a paint job on the rocker covers to die for ) has never actually made any smoke yet :?:

:)
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Well..... Ummmm..... not exactly... :oops: Junior Jurnigan's shop is gonna do all the timing and set the injection up for me and make sure I didn't screw anything up, (which at this point is still a distinct possibility :shock: ), but he doesn't want to do all of that until I have the motor sitting in the hull and I'm assuming all wired up and ready to go basically. I'll be honest enough to say I'm terrified to hear it start up the first time for fear I did something terribly wrong in my engine building! :shock:

But come on Olf, admit it, this has been alot of fun along the way! :toothy7: The laughs alone have been worth reading this whole thread! :lol: :lol:

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:18 pm

One of the greatest enjoyments we've had on this site, Ms. Tonia. Thank you .....

Now. Get back to work. :)

Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Southern Style » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:44 am

ALRIGHT Tonya !!! Are we getting close??? Look forward to slidin' with ya'll in Kissimmee again this year.. Hunting season is almost over, so the 5th wheel will be back at River Ranch WestGate by March.. We will be good to ride again til August..

I am sure there will be a thread started when you take her out for the first time.. Let us know... But then again, maybe not if you do it under the cover of darkness and don't tell anyone.. LOL
DONT ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY...THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.....
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO

gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby gruprgetr » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:31 pm

painterchic wrote:Been told time and time again that I need to bring this thread back to life and give a project update... Well here goes...

My hull has now been sanded, all spider cracks fixed and the whole outside gel-coated black in preparation for paint

I've also resanded most of the outside of the new gelcoat fixing any flaws along the way and am almost ready for paint (whatever color that may be... :lol: I STILL can't decide!!)

I've taken my metalworks over to Alumitech and they are doing the modifications for me, I want to change a couple of things about it as well as I need to have it modified to fit my hull just a tad. The saddles on the bottom where it bolts to the stringers need to be widened a half inch and the cage needs to have a couple of brackets added at the back. I'm also having them build me an engine stand that will work for my engine and I'm having them seperate it completely from the cage and seat stand... I want to be able to make adjustments to it if necessary later and having it all as one piece, to me seems like a pain in the butt if you need to do any work on it.

In the mean time, I've been gathering more parts and am not too terribly far from having everything to put this baby together... still need headers/flex pipe and a prop, but other than that most of its little stuff... you know... all that stuff that adds up $$ wise... :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUT!!! I'm making progress!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

man that thang shur gonna be hard to clear when the BlackMud Boogieman grabs ya! will be interestin :shock: :thumbleft: :rebel:
Last edited by gruprgetr on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
(SWAMP GAS)
IF YOU PISS SOMEONE OFF MEANS THEY HEARD YOU
AIRBOATS DONT SPREAD HYDRILLA

AIRBOATS DONT CAUSE ANIMOSITY- PEOPLE DO!!
PROTECT YOUR FUTURE WEAR A PFD AND VOTE!!
on a dark calm night ya can hear the cryaker scratchin on your poly

goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby goldhunter_2 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:29 pm

she has that clean it off part handled, it trying to keep it on top the water is where her problems will be :toothy7:

Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:

gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby gruprgetr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:23 am

was referin to the footstand, looks like a footgrabber :shock: :rebel: :rebel: :dontknow:

when the mudmonster rises I want a clear flight path :banghead: :rebel:
(SWAMP GAS)

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Bruce » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:47 am

Needa quit messin around with used riggin and just have new riggin built for the boat you will be better off in the long run
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:19 pm

gruprgetr wrote:was referin to the footstand, looks like a footgrabber :shock: :rebel: :rebel: :dontknow:

Oh, there is no doubt that's exactly what it is! :lol: But I figure if I'm gonna be launched anyway, I might as well have a ramp to get maximum height out of the flight and see things from a little different perspective before I knock myself out on something I land on... :lol: :lol: :lol: But seriously, all the gages are in that panel and I liked the location of it... Would I have liked it a bit shorter? Perhaps, but it's nothing that bugs me that much either...

Bruce wrote:Needa quit messin around with used riggin and just have new riggin built for the boat you will be better off in the long run

Bubba, if you knew how much money I have in this set of rigging, you'd be willing to spend a few bucks and make those minor modifications too... :lol: :lol: Because right now I'm money ahead after I sold the set of rigging that came out of my hull that I didn't care for and wasn't in that good of shape anyway... :thumbleft: I might not be an airboat builder yet, but I am all female and therefore that makes me a professional shopper by birth, and trust me on this... I did GOOD on this rigging... :thumbleft: Besides all that, I have rent AND a mortgage and Dr. bills still from this past spring, so I'm gonna save as many dimes as I can along the way to get this project finished and on the water...

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Cherpa » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:28 am

Hey Goldhunter. New bet. The boat will not be finished in time for the AAOF Corned Beef & Cabbage Poker Run, March 16, '13.
Painterchic, just remember we have a shallow ramp @ the club just incase.
We grow too soon old and too late smart.

gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby gruprgetr » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:11 pm

painterchic wrote:
gruprgetr wrote:was referin to the footstand, looks like a footgrabber :shock: :rebel: :rebel: :dontknow:

Oh, there is no doubt that's exactly what it is! :lol: But I figure if I'm gonna be launched anyway, I might as well have a ramp to get maximum height out of the flight and see things from a little different perspective before I knock myself out on something I land on... :lol: :lol: :lol: But seriously, all the gages are in that panel and I liked the location of it... Would I have liked it a bit shorter? Perhaps, but it's nothing that bugs me that much either...

Bruce wrote:Needa quit messin around with used riggin and just have new riggin built for the boat you will be better off in the long run

Bubba, if you knew how much money I have in this set of rigging, you'd be willing to spend a few bucks and make those minor modifications too... :lol: :lol: Because right now I'm money ahead after I sold the set of rigging that came out of my hull that I didn't care for and wasn't in that good of shape anyway... :thumbleft: I might not be an airboat builder yet, but I am all female and therefore that makes me a professional shopper by birth, and trust me on this... I did GOOD on this rigging... :thumbleft: Besides all that, I have rent AND a mortgage and Dr. bills still from this past spring, so I'm gonna save as many dimes as I can along the way to get this project finished and on the water...

got a pair of snowskis that you can have........help with liftoff :shock: :rebel:
(SWAMP GAS)

KC5AKB
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby KC5AKB » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:58 pm

Just thought that this history needed to be placed in this thread---
Some M & M history
From the Chic:
Bump ttt

Well to make a long story short, I've had a few semi-major financial snags along the way that have slowed me down from my original plan when I moved down here, most people would call it "life"... However, to shed a bit of light on why my boat isn't put together, here's a few of the gory details for those who don't know me very well... Three years ago I got the house back that I had sold before I moved down here (that I foolishly held the mortgage on ) and when I got it back it was totally destroyed and I've had to put it back together and have had to figure out what to do with it. So between having an unexpected mortgage for a house I'm not living in on top of the rent I pay at the house I live in now, and an uninsured tonsillectomy thrown into the mix for good measure, the last couple of years things have been a bit dicey at times...

But hey, I just roll with the punches and put one foot in front of the other and take it one day at a time... LOL I've got a great family between my blood family and my airboat family and I couldn't ask for anything more than that!

But I really think I'm starting to see a glimmer of light again, so this boat might get built yet!!!

I do have a name for it now that I think fits not only how this boat has come together, but it fits with my M&M's too... so what do you think of this for a name... "One Piece at a Time" (Johnny Cash would be proud!)
BRAB45 RRAB 17

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:58 pm

I realize that it's been a while since I've posted on this thread to bring everyone up to speed on my boat build, so I figured I better get some pics on here before you guys think I gave up on it! :D

I had to take my hull out of the garage for a while to work on customer's boats, but I was finally able to catch a short break in work to squeeze mine back in for a few days and FINALLY get some paint on this beast!

Here's a couple of before and after pics after the hull was sanded and after it was painted. I know it's gonna be a disappointment to some people who expected this fabulous paint job on my hull, but the truth of the matter is, I just don't have time right now, so I did it just a basic black with the plan of jazzing it up later. I want to get this thing together finally!

I also ran into some snags with my cage and seat stand modifications, (long ugly story), so Alumitech built me a completely new set out of stainless, and I promise that it's gonna be different from other boats you've seen (like there really was any doubt otherwise... :roll: :D )

But here's a sneak peek at the engine stand anyway...

Now I'm up to polishing all the welds up and then I can start assembly finally! See? I really AM making progress!! :toothy7: :toothy7: :toothy7:

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:34 pm

For what it's worth, I'm damn proud of you woman. You've taken a LOT of stuff from a LOT of folks, and you just
keep right on keepin' on. Good girl. Lookin' forward to seein' it run ..... :thumbleft:

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:55 pm

I can't quit Olf, I'm getting closer to the finish line now!!! I just keep plugging along!!

I'm pretty tough though, I can certainly take the teasing, as long as I can give it right back and nobody get's their knickers in a knot... :twisted:

It's been challenging, frustrating, nerve racking and downright aggravating at times, but one way or another I'm going to see this project to the end! If for no other reason than to prove Cherpa and Goldhunter wrong on that whole bet they have going... :lol: :lol:

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby goldhunter_2 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:11 pm

we're waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting :D

its been so long now poor old Chepra has done forgot what the bet was now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chepra maybe we should make a new bet like how many pounds of fish will be in Painterchic's boat when we pull it out after her FIRST sinking :stirpot:

Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:

Return to “Aircraft Power Only”