Painterchic bought an Engine... now I need help!!!!

Aircraft powered airboat discussion.
Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Painterchic bought an Engine... now I need help!!!!

Postby Olf Art » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Paul, this way she won't need a flag pole for that rig ...... she can just stitch one to the top of her baseball cap!!! :lol:
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Cherpa » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:08 pm

Or, a hat like this in International Orange ...
Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (2.56 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
We grow too soon old and too late smart.

RJ
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby RJ » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:26 pm

Congratulations!!!! Nice looking boat!!!!

Can you post more pictures???

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Prototype » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:38 pm

painterchic wrote:
Prototype wrote:PC or Tonya? That's not the rigging I helped you drag back from lake whales?
If you you need a hand tweaking it at bayport, I'll try but I've never tried tweaking a boat with seats that high on a 12 laser hull. Dam your center of gravity is beyond belief but should make a good night gig rig!
If that's the same hull, wow you did wonders with it? No wonder it took years to polish a nickel black laser!
Wish you luck with it, but it's rigged for highly experienced giggers and not a fun boat at all for rec use!

Nope, that's not the same rigging, same drybox that came off that rigging though and the same hull! Ran into some snags with the rigging that I got in Frostproof, it wouldn't fit in my hull after I had my stringers replaced, so I ended up having to have all new built... I had it set up more like a glades style boat, because I like to see where I'm going, but most of why it looks so tall is because I'm short so all the pics I take of it are looking up at it... Lol But it's really stable believe it or not, a lot more so than I thought it would be when I picked it up and brought it home from Alumitech. When I was out on my water test to see if it would actually float, my neighbor was with me and he was walking around inside the hull while I was in the driver's seat and I thought for sure it was gonna feel like I was gonna tip over when he moved from one side to the other, and it didn't at all... not sure if it's because the seat stand is kind of built like a pyramid and all the legs lean toward the center or not... However, now that I think about it, it may be because of the weight I had in the bottom of the hull too... I have a large fuel tank for an aircraft boat and because I was trying to find out how much fuel it actually held, I had it filled to capacity which was 36 gallons, so maybe between that and the battery and the stainless rigging, it kept that pendulum/bouy bobbing thing from happening... ya got me... I just turned the wrenches... Lol But it isn't a light weight boat by any means, it's definitely a tank... After I run it a bit and see how things go, one of us may have to go on a diet... lol

T

I hear ya! Been there done that!

Just can't understand a full tank or a full back seat in a deep water checkout unless this was another m&m bet thing? I sure hope one of those dudes is out of video following you?

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:57 am

Full tank was because I didn't know how much fuel my tank would actually hold, it's called 40 gallon tank, but my math on it only had it holding 36 gallons at the most. I needed a way to judge how much fuel I would be going through later on when I went to put fuel back in it. Starting with an empty tank to begin with was the easiest way I could think of to verify that to use for future reference...
As for a full back seat, yes, I have a triple seat shell on my boat, but I only had one other person on the boat with me on the water test, and I realistically only ever anticipate taking either 2 other adults or 1 adult and two kids... I personally think a double seat shell is a useless size seat... it's too tight for two adults to sit in it comfortably and too big for a single passenger. A triple seat shell solves that problem for my particular needs. I had intended to run the boat by myself for the first round and then have Billy get on after I felt a little more confident in my driving skills. He'd never been on an airboat before and is someone I've been diligently trying to convert over to understanding why we do what we do... And after I launched the boat, he just jumped in and climbed up in the back seat, and I couldn't tell him I didn't know what the heck I was doing or that I was terrified to be running it to begin with... I had to pull A LOT BS confidence out of my back pocket and pretend like I knew what I was doing... And come on now, I just couldn't risk losing face like that!! I was going for that whole "fake it till you make it" and just praying I didn't screw up along the way... I knew if I did, the chances of him every giving airboating a real chance, were slim. And I must have done alright, because now he's looking forward to going again... I'm just doing my part trying to convert the neighborhood, one airboater at a time...
As for the deep water test, that part really wasn't by choice... I wanted to run it the first time close to home in some skinny water, just in case should I run into any problems where I needed to take it home to fix or tweak something. I went to the 3 closest boat ramps to me that morning prior to launching the boat and Silver Lake was the shallowest... All the other boat ramps were close to an hour drive for me, and those were just too far away in my mind if I had to run it back and forth to the house for any reason... Besides, you guys know me, I jump in head first and do that "sink or swim" thing more often than not and hope I can keep my nose above water... I'm not gonna say that's always the wisest move I could make, but it always keeps things interesting! If you remember, that's how I got myself in the middle of this boat project to begin with... lol
I'll grab some more pics of it tomorrow, weather permitting I'm gonna check the bottom out and see if I can't get to the bottom of the porpoising issue. Hopefully it's a quick thing to figure out... but we shall see!!

T
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby radtech » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:12 am

Get in that stick time, Girl! Glad to see you finally realizing this dream. I'd love to see you at the Mack's fish camp ride. So far, it's all planned out for May 27th.

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Prototype » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:45 pm

painterchic wrote:Full tank was because I didn't know how much fuel my tank would actually hold, it's called 40 gallon tank, but my math on it only had it holding 36 gallons at the most. I needed a way to judge how much fuel I would be going through later on when I went to put fuel back in it. Starting with an empty tank to begin with was the easiest way I could think of to verify that to use for future reference...
As for a full back seat, yes, I have a triple seat shell on my boat, but I only had one other person on the boat with me on the water test, and I realistically only ever anticipate taking either 2 other adults or 1 adult and two kids... I personally think a double seat shell is a useless size seat... it's too tight for two adults to sit in it comfortably and too big for a single passenger. A triple seat shell solves that problem for my particular needs. I had intended to run the boat by myself for the first round and then have Billy get on after I felt a little more confident in my driving skills. He'd never been on an airboat before and is someone I've been diligently trying to convert over to understanding why we do what we do... And after I launched the boat, he just jumped in and climbed up in the back seat, and I couldn't tell him I didn't know what the heck I was doing or that I was terrified to be running it to begin with... I had to pull A LOT BS confidence out of my back pocket and pretend like I knew what I was doing... And come on now, I just couldn't risk losing face like that!! I was going for that whole "fake it till you make it" and just praying I didn't screw up along the way... I knew if I did, the chances of him every giving airboating a real chance, were slim. And I must have done alright, because now he's looking forward to going again... I'm just doing my part trying to convert the neighborhood, one airboater at a time...
As for the deep water test, that part really wasn't by choice... I wanted to run it the first time close to home in some skinny water, just in case should I run into any problems where I needed to take it home to fix or tweak something. I went to the 3 closest boat ramps to me that morning prior to launching the boat and Silver Lake was the shallowest... All the other boat ramps were close to an hour drive for me, and those were just too far away in my mind if I had to run it back and forth to the house for any reason... Besides, you guys know me, I jump in head first and do that "sink or swim" thing more often than not and hope I can keep my nose above water... I'm not gonna say that's always the wisest move I could make, but it always keeps things interesting! If you remember, that's how I got myself in the middle of this boat project to begin with... lol
I'll grab some more pics of it tomorrow, weather permitting I'm gonna check the bottom out and see if I can't get to the bottom of the porpoising issue. Hopefully it's a quick thing to figure out... but we shall see!!

T

LMAO: That makes perfect sense when you put it that way? I think? Maybe? Hell, IDK anymore!!
It looks dynamite though! Yeah stick time is the only thing that's going to build your confidence.

I say less fuel because that may contribute to your bounce. That's a butt load of fuel and tank for that little 6cyl,,,, for a day boat! Plus the fact it's a environmental hazard on a checkout ride if the worst happens.

I totally get the seat thing and your correct. Doubles are made for very happy horny couples or the after effects with 3 youngin's filling it. I can tell you even two tight ass hooters girls with 38dd's barely fit in a double.

Would like to see the bounce with a half a tank and no back seat person? You'll never feel confident until that bounce is resolved or you know how to twist in flight every 100 yards. 12 laser that high, lets not try the twist in flight method. Last time I seen it, it was just rough black but the bottom looked real straight. It could be an age issue! Not yours, the Hull but with new stingers I doubt that. Just need to barefoot the hull while it's bouncing to check if the hull is flexing.

It's all yours but I'd hate to see the tweaks take another 9 years to resolve! Before you do or move anything, make sure your dry box has all you want to bring on every trip! That should be a constant regardless. First aid/come-a-long/extra AC oil/56 ounce bag of M&Ms.

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Cherpa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:21 am

The triple seat is for the M&M's and not a 56 oz. bag, more like a 56 lb. bag., and that's just "peanuts"

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Cherpa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:11 am

Well people I don't know what to say. Ms PainterChic has out done us all & herself. You should see her boat, it is absolutely one of a kind. She has taken this thread and all of the kidding & joking that goes w/ it and put the thought into the design of her paint scheme. So, w/ that said I take my hat off to Ms PainterChic and congratulations on 1st of show in your class @ the Broward Co. Airboat Show.

SwampNinja
Southern Airboat Member

Postby SwampNinja » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:50 am

Put that thing on a full deck. lol. Looks like schmidt did a wonderful job. Enjoy it.
"It is what it is."

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Thank you very much Cherpa! I'm still in shock that it's finally finished beyond tweaking everything... And the trophy on top of things just blows my mind... I never thought it could happen...
As for my artwork... I've been beating my brain for years trying to figure out what I was gonna do for it and I knew that the perfect thing was going to just hit me like a ton of bricks one day and scream "THAT'S IT!!!" and finally it did... a day and a half before the Broward Show... Lolol So in a deadline induced panic, I sat down and created, printed and wrapped my entire boat in 24 hours...

Now, the story behind my artwork for those who don't know... (and NO, I'm not a pole dancer after hours... :lol: ) This was a well played prank that was concieved, planned, and perfectly executed by a very evil And devious Cherpa... Even after what's got to be going on 10 plus years, I have never been able to live it down, so I figured I might as well just go with the flow... I have learned the hard way you don't cast the first stone when it comes to teasing Cherpa, because trust me on this, it will forever haunt you because he is like a dog with a fresh bone from the butcher, he's NEVER gonna give up! :shock:, so learn from Painterchic's mistakes... lol

So let me set the scene here, Broward Airboat Show circa 2007(ish) in the BassPro parkkng lot... long before "Painterchic" was known by anyone in the airboat world... The Broward Airboat Club used to have a fundraising "jail" where you could have your buddies hauled down through the center of Airboat town in front of all their friends and they would be put in jail and have to raise their own bail money to get out... Welllllll... Cherpa had me put in jail for retaliation from the prior year of me putting him in jail... (yes he really did scheme for a year to get even with me!) Well they hauled me off to jail and there I sat... trying to raise funds to get myself out... To no avail... nobody will help bail me out... actually the opposite happened... people were paying to keep me in! After a little while, Cherpa shows up at the jail carrying one of those white poles used to put up those portable canopies and talks to the sheriff who opens the jail door and lets Cherpa into the jail cell long enough for him to say to me "Here hold this" and he proceeds to hand me the pole and walks out and the Sheriff locks the door behind him... and other than being confused I just said "Ok" and did what I was told without questioning it... Cherpa comes back a few minutes later with a piece of cardboard and sets it down in front of the jail cell and walks off again... So now I'm totally baffled as to what he's doing, but again I'm gullible and didn't really think much about it... Until all of a sudden I'm being pelted from every which direction with M&M's by EVERYBODY! Men, women and children alike... They were ALLLLLLL throwing M&M's at me in the jail cell and laughing at my expense!!! After the ground was covered in them and everybody finally ran out of them to throw at me, Cherpa came back to the jail cell and picked up the piece of cardboard and walked out where I could see it and he turned it around and I got to read it... It said "WILL POLE DANCE FOR M&M's!"
Well played my friend, well played... So now you have "the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would say...

So after almost 9 years of blood, sweat, tears and almost that many M&M's... may I FINALLY present "One Piece At A Time"
Attachments
IMG_2464.JPG
IMG_2469.JPG
IMG_5108.JPG
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:42 pm

SwampNinja wrote:Put that thing on a full deck. lol. Looks like schmidt did a wonderful job. Enjoy it.

I built my engine, not Tom... he just helped me finish up the stuff I couldn't do... Time the mags, set the injection system, fire it up for the first time make sure I didn't do something stupid when I built it... you know, that little stuff... Lolol

T
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

CWAIS
Southern Airboat Member

Postby CWAIS » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:23 pm

Looks great Tonia!!!

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:46 pm

real cute graphics T

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby glades cat » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:54 pm

Hey PC, you've not only built one heck of a nice airboat, you've built a few great friendships along the way.
Now that you have a killer boat, ya gotta stick a few frogs and get some frog guts on it...kinda like christening it. If you don't come frogging with us one night, we're gonna have "someone " keep calling you during said events to graciously remind you. :D
Congrats big time. :cheers:
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:01 pm

CWAIS wrote:Looks great Tonia!!!

Thanks Chuck! Can't wait to see what your kids come up with on your new project!

T
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:05 pm

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:real cute graphics T

Thank you! They came out pretty good for something I pulled together at the last minute... Sometimes it takes a deadline to make the creative juices flow a little faster... LOL

T
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:21 pm

glades cat wrote:Hey PC, you've not only built one heck of a nice airboat, you've built a few great friendships along the way.
Now that you have a killer boat, ya gotta stick a few frogs and get some frog guts on it...kinda like christening it. If you don't come frogging with us one night, we're gonna have "someone " keep calling you during said events to graciously remind you. :D
Congrats big time. :cheers:

You're absolutely right, I have build more friendships along the way than I could possibly count... That has been the greatest thing about this build... I have some of the greatest memories that revolve around all my friends I have made here on SA... I love every one of you guys!

You'll most definitely be seeing me down in the Glades attempting to stick a few frogs when I finally figure out this driving thing and get everything dialed in on it... I think I better get in some stick time before I start heading out anywhere at night... otherwise the frogs won't be the only thing that has to worry about being stuck with a gig... LOL And you act like that certain "someone" only calls me on special occasions when you guys are having events at the club... you should know better than that, he uses all sorts of excuses to call me in the middle of the night... :lol: :lol: :lol:

T
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Rick McC.
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Rick McC. » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:33 pm

Absolutely stunning work, Mam!

My 88 year old Dad recently gave me his airboat, and I'd love to get some "Grandpa's Airboat" artwork done on the rudders to forever identify it as "his" airboat.

I have no idea what I'm going to do when he's gone...
"Sights are for the unenlightened."
Rick
http://guntipsandtalk.com

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Cherpa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:33 pm

I have proof...
She is so talented that she even modeled for her own rudder art...
Attachments
Painterchic_001.jpg

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Cherpa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:39 pm

and advertises, (notice that the sign in on the back door) ...
Attachments
4430566945_f90632efee_z.jpg

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Cherpa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:41 pm

and I'm not the only one that has proof ...
Attachments
PC-Pole.jpg

goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby goldhunter_2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:52 pm

best I recall after a few of Cherpa's famous jello shots and Painterchic poses for all kinds of pole dancing art work :)

PC, now you do have a stereo system so you an play Johnny Cash's song one piece at a time when you driving around ........... to give the rest of us fair warning in case we don't see you coming through the brush

Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Cherpa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Proof...
Attachments
J-1.jpg

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Cherpa that upside down pic that patterned the rudder art is some funny shizt...lol

T your running with a rough crowd!

Return to “Aircraft Power Only”