0-470-M Question

Aircraft powered airboat discussion.
baker10
Southern Airboat Member

0-470-M Question

Postby baker10 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:04 am

I have a 0-470 and I just switched hulls and riggin went out for a night ride and I noticed that I have a steady small flame coming out just on the rudder stick side (never did it on my other set up) and nothing on the other side any clue on what could be causing this? The carb didn't get messed with during the changing of hulls.

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: 0-470-M Question

Postby kwanjangnihm » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:26 am

Waterthunder wrote: There is a bunch of unburnt fuel from that bank being ignited in the exhaust. Two things cause this, excessive fuel in that bank because it's not being burned properly in the combustion chamber or she is way to rich and you have a major exhaust leak that is letting in enough oxygen to allow the normally unburnt fuel to ignite! I have seen both cause this many times but if the motor is fine and seams to make power it's usually a major exhaust leak in one bank!
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

baker10
Southern Airboat Member

Re: 0-470-M Question

Postby baker10 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:50 am

Okay I was kinda thinking that may be an exhaust leak because my header gaskets look really rough. can that cause a issue with my valves if my header ports are leaking??

Return to “Aircraft Power Only”