Crate engine value?

Automotive powered airboat discussion.
Hog Guts
Southern Airboat Member

Crate engine value?

Postby Hog Guts » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:16 pm

Friend has two new crate engines one is a vortec what are they worth generally speaking? If I need to know more what do I ask? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Crate engine value?

Postby flcracker9 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:17 pm

I just went through this regarding ID-ing a Vortec engine. I saw a lot of adds claiming they had a Vortec for sale, only to find out they had a TBI, not a Vortec. The Vortec will have 8 intake bolts, and they came with 2 different head castings, 062 or 906 (they are basically the same). Not sure that this helps you, but a big difference in performance between a Vortec and a TBI.
12' Open Palm Beach, IO-0470-L 260hp, 72" NGQ

Hog Guts
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Hog Guts » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:11 pm

What's a price range for new crate engine? I have no idea if it could be $500 or $5000 for one. Just like to get an idea since I have someone that wants to sell me two that they bought as part of a larger purchase and they don't need them. Two new for $2000 seem normal, hi or low. I'm trying to get more info so you all can actually help me more I get that it's hard to prove something without knowing really what it is but I would like to know generally.i was told I'd have photos of them tomorrow.....

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Gary S » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:28 am

Engine size would help.

THE NIGHT RIDER
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby THE NIGHT RIDER » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Sounds fishy to me , 2000 for two new engines , he'll hook me up I'll buy them and use them in Sumpin round here
!!! IM THE REAL NIGHT RIDER B!TCH !!! !!! AND A PROUD TO BE IN THE DIAMONDBACK FAMILY !!!!

406 JAMIE
Southern Airboat Member

Postby 406 JAMIE » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:54 am

THE NIGHT RIDER wrote:Sounds fishy to me , 2000 for two new engines , he'll hook me up I'll buy them and use them in Sumpin round here

x2 .i bought a GM performance 350ci/330hp and it cost me 2k what he is asking for both so.run those block and head #number s and see what u come up with or call GM performance and ask them.y all besafe. :rebel:
Melbourne Mud Mafia Down And Dirty

Hog Guts
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Hog Guts » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:49 pm

I know these guys and trust them. These were purchased as part of a larger sale and were extra from what they wanted in the purchase. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

THE NIGHT RIDER
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby THE NIGHT RIDER » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:50 am

Those look to be used engines and with the head gaskets sittin on them kinda makes me think hey this engine isn't brand new and it needs head gaskets and could be worse blown engine cracked head .just do ur homework before u buy two blown engines ,but if they r new that is a killer deal .but very unusual lol

Sent from my SM-G935P using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk
!!! IM THE REAL NIGHT RIDER B!TCH !!! !!! AND A PROUD TO BE IN THE DIAMONDBACK FAMILY !!!!

THE NIGHT RIDER
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby THE NIGHT RIDER » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:54 am

I have a smallblock vortec engine i pulled out of a wrecked truck ,with less than 5000 miles on it for sale for 600 bucks if u only need one .

Sent from my SM-G935P using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Return to “Automotive Power Only”