Ron's EcoCruse 127

How to soup'em up...a little less moderated...medium skin thickness required!
cont520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Ron's EcoCruse 127

Postby cont520 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:30 pm

scroggins44 wrote:That deck over Eco tech at the outfall canal is the boat I seen Saturday..that boat will tote the mail and the outfall canal isn't nothing like that " hill " the glass boat went up its a actual hill but its still not bad to run up. Terry y'all could take the belt box off of y'all's 16' company boat put 5 people in it and probably still run up the " hill " in that video.

At least someone's being honest
Robert Mccormick
Plant City Florida, Toxic calls Pro staff and proud member of *****
Ultimate Shot Productions prostaffer

OneBFC
Southern Airboat Member

Postby OneBFC » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:08 pm

Yeah I had my ecobarge out in Citrus county this past weekend. Ya'll got some nice area to run and we ran the whole loop I believe. Met a bunch of nice people too.

The outfall canal hill is a nice obstacle and certainly fun to watch boats tackle. Some of those citrus county boyz ride that ridge with authority! My boat tractored up it from a dead stop with me having to back off at the top. That said, I saw plenty of boats go up that bank so its not the end all test for sure.

Average fuel econ for the day was between 6.5 and 9 mpg.

Hope to ride out that way some more in the future.
-Russ
-----------------------------------
The only thing stopping you is FEAR
400+hp Ecotec, 12x7.6 DBDO, 80" 3B Maximus, 2.3 OX,70+mph, water = purely optional
Life begins at 2 BAR, Just a good ole boy

junglecat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby junglecat » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:26 pm

1BFC , It was great meeting ya . That little motor is impressive for sure . Weight to power ratio is impressive. Yall ran the short loop , fun ride. The long loop is blocked off and off limits for now. Right now the Outfall isn't too bad with water high. When its low there is a steep wall that is under water right now that kills your momentum, then you climb what is exposed right now. When JB550 gets his running yall need to come back and ride with us.
Jungle Cat2 2012 Panther Thunder 14'x7'9"/ LiL John Rigging
Larry Smith built 427 SBC
2.68 Ox Box
82" 3 blade R
Citrus County Airboat Alliance Member

dak10
Southern Airboat Member

Postby dak10 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:23 pm

Well I ges I :stirpot: with my video but its all good at least u fellows r still reading this form
I will ride with anyone wanting to show me around the flats would like to ride the loop with someone to
new rivermaster by marty bray,12 x 7.6, stainless rig with pancake cage,2011 chevy cruze 1.4L turbo LUJ,gm ecm controlled, cat converter with evap system, 2:1 drive by century drives,water walker 3 blade cypress 68 in,1/4" gpx polymer

OneBFC
Southern Airboat Member

Postby OneBFC » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Would have tried to hook up with you last weekend but the schedules didn't line up. We were on way in by the time you got off work.

Next time for sure!
-Russ
-----------------------------------
The only thing stopping you is FEAR
400+hp Ecotec, 12x7.6 DBDO, 80" 3B Maximus, 2.3 OX,70+mph, water = purely optional
Life begins at 2 BAR, Just a good ole boy

dak10
Southern Airboat Member

Postby dak10 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:05 am

Well me an the wife been riding this boat for 9 months. The only thing I have had to do is replaced thr water pump do to a tsb from the dealer for premature seal leakage.oh an put gas in it.im getting 8 to 10 mpg, running at 3200 to 3400 is about 35mph, I have not posted bs about this boat that I know of but I sure get a lot of crap an turned up noses. An the disrespect to my wife is absolutely not call for :angry5: im getting the impression that there are a lot of discontented airboater out there. But I do have less cubic inches then a lot of boats an can do just as much is this what people r chaped about.I get my # from my smartphone an tablet so if you are not beleave the # them throw your smartphone in the trash. My wife an I just out to have fun like everybody else, an if everbody had a boat like tony480 an ptr34 then no one could complain. But we are all different an to each there own. I thought we all r pos to keep airboating safe an respectful maybe I got the wrong impression. Maybe because I think out of the box that makes me a bad.

I do give chuck a lot of respect an credit for doing this, the man is full of ideas an I do give thanks to he for helping me with is project

TO EACH THERE OWN

I am up set with the trend being moved to the high performance cuz of the BS
we wouldnt want guest to read this trend
new rivermaster by marty bray,12 x 7.6, stainless rig with pancake cage,2011 chevy cruze 1.4L turbo LUJ,gm ecm controlled, cat converter with evap system, 2:1 drive by century drives,water walker 3 blade cypress 68 in,1/4" gpx polymer

br,lc,LA
Southern Airboat Member

Postby br,lc,LA » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:27 am

Amen Ron!!! lol I am so ready to get back on the water. Think we finally fixed the issue by replacing the fuel control module and had to get a new starter... brackish water does some damage on the electrical system after a good sinking. Hope to find out in the coming weeks... Looks like the ECU stood up to being completely submerged for an hour or so in 10+ feet of water. We will find out when I get it cranked and get it hot and turbo spun up if there is any damage elsewhere.
2016 American Airboat's AirRanger pushed by an Airboat Pros 2015 1.4L GM Ecotec... "Nothin' as Fine as Hearing a Turbo Whine"

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Tony480 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:13 pm

dak10 wrote:Well me an the wife been riding this boat for 9 months. The only thing I have had to do is replaced thr water pump do to a tsb from the dealer for premature seal leakage.oh an put gas in it.im getting 8 to 10 mpg, running at 3200 to 3400 is about 35mph, I have not posted bs about this boat that I know of but I sure get a lot of crap an turned up noses. An the disrespect to my wife is absolutely not call for :angry5: im getting the impression that there are a lot of discontented airboater out there. But I do have less cubic inches then a lot of boats an can do just as much is this what people r chaped about.I get my # from my smartphone an tablet so if you are not beleave the # them throw your smartphone in the trash. My wife an I just out to have fun like everybody else, an if everbody had a boat like tony480 an ptr34 then no one could complain. But we are all different an to each there own. I thought we all r pos to keep airboating safe an respectful maybe I got the wrong impression. Maybe because I think out of the box that makes me a bad.

I do give chuck a lot of respect an credit for doing this, the man is full of ideas an I do give thanks to he for helping me with is project

TO EACH THERE OWN

I am up set with the trend being moved to the high performance cuz of the BS
we wouldnt want guest to read this trend

I just said Chuck was full of **** for saying that boat would run 69 in 400' I could care less about your boat.

gyrocopter582
Southern Airboat Member
Location: 3/4 mile due east of the north tip of Lake Washington, Melbourne Florida.

Postby gyrocopter582 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:41 pm

Tony480, I am curious as to your ability to predict airboat performance.
It appears that you have experience with turbocharged ECOtec engines.
Considering Ron's hull type, rigging, prop, etc, how much horsepower / torque,
would you estimate it would take to achieve "69 in 400" ?
I'm eager to learn from people with extraordinary engine experience, such as yourself.
Thank you, Gyro.
"Amaze your friends, annoy your neighbors"

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby fl cracker » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:54 pm

There are race boats out there with close to a thousand or more HP knocking on the door of 70 mph in 400'. The Eco tech is not even close to that, but they do run great. Just saying!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2012 12'-6" x 7'-6" Hamant with a SV 540 & NGQ's

Bubba
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Bubba » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:29 pm

gyrocopter582 wrote:Tony480, I am curious as to your ability to predict airboat performance.
It appears that you have experience with turbocharged ECOtec engines.
Considering Ron's hull type, rigging, prop, etc, how much horsepower / torque,
would you estimate it would take to achieve "69 in 400" ?
I'm eager to learn from people with extraordinary engine experience, such as yourself.
Thank you, Gyro.

I will back Tony up on this! I have a thousand dollars to put up against all of you eco people that says the boat will not do it. Better than that I wil get it set up with track officials at the sanctioned race on Sept. 21 so yall can do a exhibition pass off the ramps with beams, lights, and a print out of et and mph. Hell that gives yall 3 weeks too get your money together and draw a crowd!!!! I am curious as to your ability Gyro to predict airboat performance myself, and here is your chance. No excuse, no bs just a fair friendly wager for all the honest people to see! Hell Ron this is right up your alley, is all out it public not in a closed forum. Nothing to be mad about anymore. Put up or shut up its that simple.
FLIRTIN WITH DISASTER

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Postby HAMMERHEAD » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:30 pm

i would say those 1000 hp boats are running more like 95 to 100 mph. modified boats running in the 300 hp range are running 70 to 80 mph. if you want to gauge wether or not the eco tech is running near the 70 mph mark in 400 feet line it up next to one of the modified race boats and see how it stacks up.

JB550
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby JB550 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:42 pm

I don't know about the top speed, or how quick off the line, etc. that the ecotech engines are, but I did watch russ"s ecotech run back and forth in the green grass at polluted waters with 8 grown men standing on it. There were several 0540 boats having to shake a rake to get off of that grass. There is a video of it that I am sure will be posted soon. For sure 69 in 400 feet is hauling a$$ for any boat. It would be real interesting to see one put on a step hull. JMO

Bubba
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Bubba » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:51 pm

JB550 wrote:I don't know about the top speed, or how quick off the line, etc. that the ecotech engines are, but I did watch russ"s ecotech run back and forth in the green grass at polluted waters with 8 grown men standing on it. There were several 0540 boats having to shake a rake to get off of that grass. There is a video of it that I am sure will be posted soon. For sure 69 in 400 feet is hauling a$$ for any boat. It would be real interesting to see one put on a step hull. JMO

I dont doubt it could be done with the right people and hulls. I am saying that this thread has a bunch of bs info and most people know that. Even the ones who wont admit it. It doesnt get any simpler than my offer to them to prove it and get paid lol.
FLIRTIN WITH DISASTER

dak10
Southern Airboat Member

Postby dak10 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:00 pm

U keep ur money cuz its not a race boat and I dont know how many time I have said it but some people will not let it die u go as fast as u like I will ride my pace an l will get there, lifes to dam short I dont care how fast "that dam boat" will go im out to have fun an enjoy the ride an hopefully meet new people but im not sure if I want to meet some of u people "rude" sure like the way people put words in my mouth for me thanks

gyrocopter582
Southern Airboat Member
Location: 3/4 mile due east of the north tip of Lake Washington, Melbourne Florida.

Postby gyrocopter582 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:18 pm

Lets "Break It Down",
Y'all know it all's,
present an airboat, engine, gearbox, prop, and hull combo,
that will achieve, what was it... 69 mph in 400 feet..
I don't know myself, I have been jockeying an airboat about 6 months.
Funny how the BS exists regardless of the venue.
Raced roundy-round for 3 years, Same bullsheit...
"Amaze your friends, annoy your neighbors"

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Postby HAMMERHEAD » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:41 pm

250 lb. hull, 540 lyc. no gear box, 5 blade razor or saber prop, single rear and single front seat. that should be a boat that would run in that mph range in 400 feet.

gchuckie
Southern Airboat Member

Postby gchuckie » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:46 pm

I'd say start with my boat it's prolly the slowest in modified!!

dak10
Southern Airboat Member

Postby dak10 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:47 pm

WHO CARES. To be honest i wish someone would DELETE this form

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby farmboy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:13 pm

gchuckie wrote:I'd say start with my boat it's prolly the slowest in modified!!

Yea right...... :lol:
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

gchuckie
Southern Airboat Member

Postby gchuckie » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:23 pm

farmboy wrote:
gchuckie wrote:I'd say start with my boat it's prolly the slowest in modified!!

Yea right...... :lol:

Lol na kevin I thought my boat was fass on motor until we ran it in the modified class. Lol

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Tony480 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:40 pm

Well then you need to set your hero Chuck straight. Cause that moron sure thinks it does 69...but then again he's a washed up never has been.

sidejobs
Southern Airboat Member

Postby sidejobs » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Tony480 wrote:Well then you need to set your hero Chuck straight. Cause that moron sure thinks it does 69...but then again he's a washed up never has been.

Wish my boat would do 69....I love doin 69!!!!!!!

WaterWalker
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby WaterWalker » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:10 am

sidejobs wrote:
Tony480 wrote:Well then you need to set your hero Chuck straight. Cause that moron sure thinks it does 69...but then again he's a washed up never has been.

Such a genius is ole Chuckitt!

First he knows from the old days that the square root of 69 is "eight- something"

Next he wanted to promote the awareness of their EcoTec engines in airboats, so;

He set his GPS to read kilometers and got an honest 69 in 400 feet. knowing quite well that 69 is a "magic number".

Then he got a thread going that has gotten 422 comments and 23,544 views.

(plum is recently offering to trade his last born for a new EcoTec to replace his famous 4-banger!)

So don't sell ole Chuck short. He earned his stripes in the early racing circuits as a partner with racing legend, Dick Hoffman.

When I need an answer to a "fine point" about airboats, I call Chuck Rackley.

David Wine
Working to make airboating better

WaterWalker
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby WaterWalker » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:11 am

sidejobs wrote:

Such a genius is ole Chuckitt!

First he knows from the old days that the square root of 69 is "eight- something"

Next he wanted to promote the awareness of their EcoTec engines in airboats, so;

He set his GPS to read kilometers and got an honest 69 in 400 feet. knowing quite well that 69 is a "magic number".

Then he got a thread going that has gotten 422 comments and 23,544 views.

(plum is recently offering to trade his last born for a new EcoTec to replace his famous 4-banger!)

So don't sell ole Chuck short. He earned his stripes in the early racing circuits as a partner with racing legend, Dick Hoffman.

When I need an answer to a "fine point" about airboats, I call Chuck Rackley.

David Wine
Working to make airboating better

Return to “High Performance Talk”