Anvils wicked Don Davis.

How to soup'em up...a little less moderated...medium skin thickness required!
swampdragster
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:13 am
Location: Reddick Fl. orange lake.
Contact:

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby swampdragster » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:49 pm

I'm not getting in a pissing match over class rules ,my boats may be out of date and I may be out of touch with what's going on in the world today .if someone comes up with a class and my boats can be somewhat competitive I'll race.
UNLIMITED SWAMPDRAGSTER DRIVER
QUICK SLICK on every dang thing!!!!

User avatar
HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 2269
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:58 pm
Location: GAINESVILLE

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby HAMMERHEAD » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:00 pm

WHAT IS THE ANSWER THEN DAVE? YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW WHAT WONT WORK. TELL US WHAT YOU THINK WILL. THERE ARENT ENOUGHBOATS IN EACH CLASS. WHAT DO WE DO? I GUESS WE COULD PUT THEM ALL IN ONE CLASS AND RUN A HANDICAP. OR WE COULD PUT THEM ALL I ONE CLASS AND LET THE FASTEST UNLIMITED BOAT WIN IT ALL. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE A BUNCH OF BOATS THAT WONT SHOW UP AT ALL BECAUSE IF THEY RUN NOS THEY WILL HAVE TO RUN PRO MOD OR UNLIMITED AND YOU DONT LIKE THE IDEA OF CREATING A CLASS FOR THEM BECAUSE ONE BOAT IS GOING TO WIN AND EVERYBODY IS GOING TO CRY AND TAKE THERE BALL AND GO HOME. I WOULD RATHER THE GUYS BE ABLE TO RACE THERE BOATS AND DECIDE WETHER THEY WANT TO COME BACK OR CRY ABOUT THE RULES THAN ME OR YOU SAY WE ARENT GOING TO HAVE A CLASS FOR YOU BECAUSE WE THINK THAT YOU WILL GET BEAT AND QUIT.

User avatar
Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 4793
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: orange county fl
Contact:

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby Bruce » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:35 pm

HAMMERHEAD wrote:WHAT IS THE ANSWER THEN DAVE? YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW WHAT WONT WORK. TELL US WHAT YOU THINK WILL. THERE ARENT ENOUGHBOATS IN EACH CLASS. WHAT DO WE DO? I GUESS WE COULD PUT THEM ALL IN ONE CLASS AND RUN A HANDICAP. OR WE COULD PUT THEM ALL I ONE CLASS AND LET THE FASTEST UNLIMITED BOAT WIN IT ALL. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE A BUNCH OF BOATS THAT WONT SHOW UP AT ALL BECAUSE IF THEY RUN NOS THEY WILL HAVE TO RUN PRO MOD OR UNLIMITED AND YOU DONT LIKE THE IDEA OF CREATING A CLASS FOR THEM BECAUSE ONE BOAT IS GOING TO WIN AND EVERYBODY IS GOING TO CRY AND TAKE THERE BALL AND GO HOME. I WOULD RATHER THE GUYS BE ABLE TO RACE THERE BOATS AND DECIDE WETHER THEY WANT TO COME BACK OR CRY ABOUT THE RULES THAN ME OR YOU SAY WE ARENT GOING TO HAVE A CLASS FOR YOU BECAUSE WE THINK THAT YOU WILL GET BEAT AND QUIT.


i will say a stepboat with 1000 hp cm with nitrous really doesnt belong in a rideboat class he needs to step up not down
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

User avatar
Airjack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 1628
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Cocoa / Canaveral Groves, FL

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby Airjack » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:23 pm

Bruce wrote:
HAMMERHEAD wrote:WHAT IS THE ANSWER THEN DAVE? YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW WHAT WONT WORK. TELL US WHAT YOU THINK WILL. THERE ARENT ENOUGHBOATS IN EACH CLASS. WHAT DO WE DO? I GUESS WE COULD PUT THEM ALL IN ONE CLASS AND RUN A HANDICAP. OR WE COULD PUT THEM ALL I ONE CLASS AND LET THE FASTEST UNLIMITED BOAT WIN IT ALL. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE A BUNCH OF BOATS THAT WONT SHOW UP AT ALL BECAUSE IF THEY RUN NOS THEY WILL HAVE TO RUN PRO MOD OR UNLIMITED AND YOU DONT LIKE THE IDEA OF CREATING A CLASS FOR THEM BECAUSE ONE BOAT IS GOING TO WIN AND EVERYBODY IS GOING TO CRY AND TAKE THERE BALL AND GO HOME. I WOULD RATHER THE GUYS BE ABLE TO RACE THERE BOATS AND DECIDE WETHER THEY WANT TO COME BACK OR CRY ABOUT THE RULES THAN ME OR YOU SAY WE ARENT GOING TO HAVE A CLASS FOR YOU BECAUSE WE THINK THAT YOU WILL GET BEAT AND QUIT.


i will say a stepboat with 1000 hp cm with nitrous really doesnt belong in a rideboat class he needs to step up not down

:thumbleft: That's why I don't run in these races. Dave I'm not saying I want a custom class for my ride boat but Damn it, get boats that are close.
Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
fast is the other half.

gchuckie
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby gchuckie » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:45 pm

From what I hear back in the day the ride boat class was one of the biggest turnouts. I certainly agree you can't have race boats running against ride boats. I went to one race this year and I was the only nos ride boat there. I think you could work them in between the rounds of the pro classes Jmo. The only problem would be what's classified as a ride boat or racer.. :stirpot:

User avatar
B-White
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 1847
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:15 am
Location: LOCHLOOSA,FL.

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby B-White » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:21 pm

Bruce wrote:
HAMMERHEAD wrote:WHAT IS THE ANSWER THEN DAVE? YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW WHAT WONT WORK. TELL US WHAT YOU THINK WILL. THERE ARENT ENOUGHBOATS IN EACH CLASS. WHAT DO WE DO? I GUESS WE COULD PUT THEM ALL IN ONE CLASS AND RUN A HANDICAP. OR WE COULD PUT THEM ALL I ONE CLASS AND LET THE FASTEST UNLIMITED BOAT WIN IT ALL. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE A BUNCH OF BOATS THAT WONT SHOW UP AT ALL BECAUSE IF THEY RUN NOS THEY WILL HAVE TO RUN PRO MOD OR UNLIMITED AND YOU DONT LIKE THE IDEA OF CREATING A CLASS FOR THEM BECAUSE ONE BOAT IS GOING TO WIN AND EVERYBODY IS GOING TO CRY AND TAKE THERE BALL AND GO HOME. I WOULD RATHER THE GUYS BE ABLE TO RACE THERE BOATS AND DECIDE WETHER THEY WANT TO COME BACK OR CRY ABOUT THE RULES THAN ME OR YOU SAY WE ARENT GOING TO HAVE A CLASS FOR YOU BECAUSE WE THINK THAT YOU WILL GET BEAT AND QUIT.


i will say a stepboat with 1000 hp cm with nitrous really doesnt belong in a rideboat class he needs to step up not down

So is it a HP class or rideboats class? Just because he spent smart money he caint race with the others??? I'll ebet his metal work is as heavy as anybody else's that wants to enter the rideboat class. This is some of the funniest reading in a long time!!! If they were to make this NOS raceboat class, what rule would keep Ryder or say Ground Rattler from running it? Fuel....Hell that's an easy de-tune for them,,, Ryder is already legal there. I bet there's not 200lbs diff between Ryder and Jack.....
Devil in the Bottle 83 ProMod
Marsh Master Step
Carbon Fiber Rudders by:HAMMERHEAD AVIATION.com
Prop is NOTHING BUT A WHIRLWIND!!!
RAZORX

User avatar
Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 4793
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: orange county fl
Contact:

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby Bruce » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:31 pm

i will say a stepboat with 1000 hp cm with nitrous really doesnt belong in a rideboat class he needs to step up not down[/quote]
So is it a HP class or rideboats class? Just because he spent smart money he caint race with the others??? I'll ebet his metal work is as heavy as anybody else's that wants to enter the rideboat class. This is some of the funniest reading in a long time!!! If they were to make this NOS raceboat class, what rule would keep Ryder or say Ground Rattler from running it? Fuel....Hell that's an easy de-tune for them,,, Ryder is already legal there. I bet there's not 200lbs diff between Ryder and Jack.....[/quote]

come on lets get real here hes runnin a pro class with it and winning why the hell would him or groundrattler any of em be allowed in a rideboat class, if the rideboats could compete in a pro class thats where theyd be aint nobody gonna show up if they have to run their river boat against an unlimited boat
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

User avatar
B-White
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 1847
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:15 am
Location: LOCHLOOSA,FL.

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby B-White » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:52 pm

Its just Ryder right now.....if he doesn't enter any class, someone else will come along and dominate with a new boat. You will have the same lil'b!Tches crying because they are still trying to race with a boat they built 5yrs ago or longer that never was the fastest and now gets lengths put on them. Lets face it, theirs only a handful of dedicated racers out their that will keep trying. There's HUNDREDS out there that built or bought a boat with high expectations and just want cut the mustard. They will NEVER enter any class that has competion because then they can't get all the attention when they drag them boats out to the river......just facts...as long as they don't line them up, they can't get beat!!!
Devil in the Bottle 83 ProMod
Marsh Master Step
Carbon Fiber Rudders by:HAMMERHEAD AVIATION.com
Prop is NOTHING BUT A WHIRLWIND!!!
RAZORX

swampdragster
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:13 am
Location: Reddick Fl. orange lake.
Contact:

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby swampdragster » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:20 pm

Billy Joe do you remember back in the old days before there was a promod class y'all had to race those boats against unlimited boats.that sucked for all the pro mod once car motors got their crap together. maybe there is no interest in in a class like what we are suggesting .idk ..but a new class sure worked out well for Pro Mod ,maybe y'all wouldn't mind letting ryder race in your class .it doesn't seem like a big deal to me to add another class above spectator for the guys with Ride boats with power adders ...it would bring more boats to the races ....
UNLIMITED SWAMPDRAGSTER DRIVER
QUICK SLICK on every dang thing!!!!

User avatar
B-White
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 1847
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:15 am
Location: LOCHLOOSA,FL.

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby B-White » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:05 pm

All I'm saying is that somebody got off their azz and built some HP and now any class he enters, everyone else leaves. You don't see us AC guys running fom Bullet Proof or Nitro Express because they have more power... nope, we're still chasing them. I guess its just a whole different breed...lmao!!
Devil in the Bottle 83 ProMod
Marsh Master Step
Carbon Fiber Rudders by:HAMMERHEAD AVIATION.com
Prop is NOTHING BUT A WHIRLWIND!!!
RAZORX

swampdragster
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:13 am
Location: Reddick Fl. orange lake.
Contact:

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby swampdragster » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:38 am

Nitro , jerry and you all have the same basic setup.
480 to 540 give or take a few , just different power adders.
A 585" alum engine on a carbon step with 120# driver, v/s me on my ride boat or my race boat they just don't compare. Everyone doesn't build a unlimited boat just because they have a c/m.
maybe we need to do some bracket racing and handicapping .lol
UNLIMITED SWAMPDRAGSTER DRIVER
QUICK SLICK on every dang thing!!!!

swampdragster
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:13 am
Location: Reddick Fl. orange lake.
Contact:

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby swampdragster » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:41 am

Nitro , jerry and you all have the same basic setup.
480 to 540 give or take a few , just different power adders.
A 585" alum engine on a carbon step with 120# driver, v/s me on my ride boat or my race boat they just don't compare. Everyone doesn't build a unlimited boat just because they have a c/m.
maybe we need to do some bracket racing and handicapping .lol
UNLIMITED SWAMPDRAGSTER DRIVER
QUICK SLICK on every dang thing!!!!

User avatar
Bubba
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 1414
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:24 am
Location: Ft. Myers Fla.

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby Bubba » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:06 am

Like it or not Ryders boat is a ride boat. Is it fair to have to race it? Hell no its too fast lmao. When I had a fast ride boat they made me run modified, it was a judgement call by the organization that I went along with. Rules are rules, the idea is to build the fastest boat for the class you want to run and win. **** I dont like Andy, Little Jerry or the rest of yall SOB that outrun me all the time but I wil keep trying!!! I think thats why its called racing not winning, and I am a racer lol.
FLIRTIN WITH DISASTER

User avatar
Airjack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 1628
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Cocoa / Canaveral Groves, FL

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby Airjack » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:35 am

B-White wrote:All I'm saying is that somebody got off their azz and built some HP and now any class he enters, everyone else leaves. You don't see us AC guys running fom Bullet Proof or Nitro Express because they have more power... nope, we're still chasing them. I guess its just a whole different breed...lmao!!

:lol: He didn't get off his azz and build more HP, he just picked up the phone and spent more money than most would. :roll: No mystery there.....
Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
fast is the other half.

User avatar
B-White
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 1847
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:15 am
Location: LOCHLOOSA,FL.

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby B-White » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:27 am

Airjack wrote:
B-White wrote:All I'm saying is that somebody got off their azz and built some HP and now any class he enters, everyone else leaves. You don't see us AC guys running fom Bullet Proof or Nitro Express because they have more power... nope, we're still chasing them. I guess its just a whole different breed...lmao!!

:lol: He didn't get off his azz and build more HP, he just picked up the phone and spent more money than most would. :roll: No mystery there.....

Probably no more $$ than you spent......just spent smarter $$$ :thumbleft:
Devil in the Bottle 83 ProMod
Marsh Master Step
Carbon Fiber Rudders by:HAMMERHEAD AVIATION.com
Prop is NOTHING BUT A WHIRLWIND!!!
RAZORX

User avatar
Airjack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 1628
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Cocoa / Canaveral Groves, FL

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby Airjack » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:07 am

B-White wrote:
Airjack wrote:
B-White wrote:All I'm saying is that somebody got off their azz and built some HP and now any class he enters, everyone else leaves. You don't see us AC guys running fom Bullet Proof or Nitro Express because they have more power... nope, we're still chasing them. I guess its just a whole different breed...lmao!!

:lol: He didn't get off his azz and build more HP, he just picked up the phone and spent more money than most would. :roll: No mystery there.....

Probably no more $$ than you spent......just spent smarter $$$ :thumbleft:

Not even close........ :lol:
Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
fast is the other half.

Wilder
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:08 pm

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby Wilder » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:32 pm

I agree with what Bubba stated. Coming from drag racing, there are established classes and you either build or adapt your car to be the fastest you can be legally in that class. I'm new to the sport but am excited to see the interest in racing airboats. I'm fresh off a build but hope to soon be in the ride boat class. Glad to see yall are trying to keep it alive. The problem I see is that everyone has boats built already that want the classes to adapt to them. "TO ME" that's not racing. It's about pulling tricks out to make you faster than the next guy. Just my opinion. Hope to see everyone at the races this year and there are some bad MF'ers in the 3A area that should be in the ride boat class.


Return to “High Performance Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests