Anvils wicked Don Davis.

How to soup'em up...a little less moderated...medium skin thickness required!
swampdragster
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Anvils wicked Don Davis.

Postby swampdragster » Fri May 23, 2014 11:15 am

nastyboytwo wrote:
JT540 wrote:it would have been nice to see some more boat in that class. in all classes for that matter. I guess the last race not many people wanted to come.

Im glad Anvil had fun hope more get race fever for the next event. I started right in at modified with our ride boat and ended up in race boat due to no boats running in the class anymore. I know there are plenty of go fast ride boats out there that can run in the modified gas class, I thought this would have been a popular class with less expense to build, no nitrous, blowers or exotic fuels just hull and motor tweeking. Hope more people will particapate so we can keep this racing alive, I must admit the aircraft guys are still doing well with boat turn outs just the car motor guys have been the biggest slackers.

the modified class was becoming popular until they started allowing boats that belong in super modified and race boat classes to run in it .there's not much sense in entering a modified boat that runs five to five and a half second passes to try and run with boats running in the 480's .
UNLIMITED SWAMPDRAGSTER DRIVER
QUICK SLICK on every dang thing!!!!

swampdragster
Southern Airboat Member

Postby swampdragster » Fri May 23, 2014 11:22 am

I'm not knocking you Ryder I'm just saying modified used to have rules that would disallow boats like yours and other boats with exotic motors .it used to be iron factory block with 23 degrees cylinder heads .

secretweaponIGSO
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby secretweaponIGSO » Fri May 23, 2014 6:19 pm

HAMMERHEAD wrote:I DO THINK ITS FUNNY THAT YOU CAN RUN A SUPERCHARGER OR TURBO CHARGER IN THE AMATURE CLASS BUT YOU CANT RUN NITROUS. THAT NEEDS TO BE RETHOUGHT.

Nitrous ride boat class sound sweet!
Marshmaster-O540-Sensnich-Ride Boat

big3country8
Southern Airboat Member

Postby big3country8 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:49 pm

I'm down for that! I bet if we got enough people to show up they would make a class. You could have 20 boats in that class easy!
Temporary High
12' clendenin aluminum step with poly, 418 waterthunder, 2.68 OX, 9 blade saber, ATF rigged, nitrous outlet,, buttrax custom seats.

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Postby HAMMERHEAD » Fri May 23, 2014 8:37 pm

YEP THAT WOULD LIKELY BE THE BIGGEST CLASS EVERY WEEK AND WE COULD SPREAD MONEY FROM YOUR ENTRY FEES OVER TO THE AIRCRAFT MODIFIED 6 CYL. PRISE MONEY! LOL

nastyboytwo
Southern Airboat Member

Postby nastyboytwo » Fri May 23, 2014 11:01 pm

swampdragster wrote:I'm not knocking you Ryder I'm just saying modified used to have rules that would disallow boats like yours and other boats with exotic motors .it used to be iron factory block with 23 degrees cylinder heads .

Not a problem, used to it, when I started racing, boat was actually in the 5's, didn't actually get into the 4's until the new 14' hull came out' other than the aluminum block motor still has conventional 24 degree head design, maybe we need more motor classes like the aircraft classes if that would get more people involved

nastyboytwo
Southern Airboat Member

Postby nastyboytwo » Fri May 23, 2014 11:06 pm

All I am trying to do is get more people interested in this sport whether it be in car motor, aircraft or the many other classes, so many people say their boats are fast, bring them out and run the class for your boatso people can see and have something to look at and enjoy the races.

wildcard
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby wildcard » Thu May 29, 2014 9:26 pm

will never happen.too many cry babies want everthing their way.raceing will never change .I want my boat to run ride boat ,but is classified modified by rules. :stirpot: :violent1: :violent1: :rebel:

big3country8
Southern Airboat Member

Postby big3country8 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:14 am

How's that? They just let a single seat paper thing riveted step boat running race fuel run ride boat lmao......
Temporary High
12' clendenin aluminum step with poly, 418 waterthunder, 2.68 OX, 9 blade saber, ATF rigged, nitrous outlet,, buttrax custom seats.

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Bruce » Fri May 30, 2014 9:58 am

wildcard wrote:will never happen.too many cry babies want everthing their way.raceing will never change .I want my boat to run ride boat ,but is classified modified by rules. :stirpot: :violent1: :violent1: :rebel:

What do you have?
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

wilemotorsports
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby wilemotorsports » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:07 pm

DONT GET SUCKED INTO AIRBOAT RACING

swampdragster
Southern Airboat Member

Postby swampdragster » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:45 am

wilemotorsports wrote:DONT GET SUCKED INTO AIRBOAT RACING

It's to late.

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Postby scrambletown » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:54 am

swampdragster wrote:
wilemotorsports wrote:DONT GET SUCKED INTO AIRBOAT RACING

It's to late.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Airjack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Airjack » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:53 pm

I'll have to get off my a$$ and attend one of these races and run some of you fast ride boats. It would be cool to have a bottle ride boat class.
Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
fast is the other half.

nastyboytwo
Southern Airboat Member

Postby nastyboytwo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:59 pm

We're game will strap a bottle on and run nitrous ride boat, not that we need one but we'll put on to run, should be fun :D

Airjack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Airjack » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:13 am

nastyboytwo wrote:We're game will strap a bottle on and run nitrous ride boat, not that we need one but we'll put on to run, should be fun :D

You will be running yourself.... No one will waste money on an entry fee knowing you will be in ride boat class with nitrous. :roll:
Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
fast is the other half.

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Waterthunder » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:40 am

This is just what the sport needs more classes for less boats. If it was not for Pro Mod every class would have 3 boats or less. I also fear now that some huge money is being spent you will see several people start stepping down classes.

If whoever writes the rules doesn't really consider whats best for the sport an fans I'm very concerned about the future of the sport.

I wish I had some money I would love to build a boat to run unlimited and race boat but the day's of winning with a $8,000 motor are over!
THE PROOF IS IN THE PROP!

"If you copy someone you will only achieve what has already been done."

http://waterthunder.com/
321-508-5316

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Postby HAMMERHEAD » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:06 pm

Waterthunder wrote:This is just what the sport needs more classes for less boats. If it was not for Pro Mod every class would have 3 boats or less. I also fear now that some huge money is being spent you will see several people start stepping down classes.

If whoever writes the rules doesn't really consider whats best for the sport an fans I'm very concerned about the future of the sport.

I wish I had some money I would love to build a boat to run unlimited and race boat but the day's of winning with a $8,000 motor are over!

NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY THE COMMENT IF IT WASNT FOR PRO MOD THERE WOULD ONLY BE 3 BOATS PER CLASS, THE 6 CYLINDER MODIFIED CLASS HAS HAD 8 TO 13 BOATS EVERY RACE AND THATS NOT BAD FOR THE AMOUNT OF RACES THEY HAD THIS YEAR IN SUCH A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. IMO. AS FOR THE DAYS OF WINNING WITH AN 8000.00 MOTOR TOP FUN WAS WITHIN HUNDRETHS OF SECODS OF WINNING AND WON AS WELL SO IM NOT SURE ABOUT THAT AND HE IS TRYING TO SELL HIS MOTOR, GEAR BOX, PROP, AND COMPLETE NITROUS SET UP FOR 10,000.00. SOMEONE COULD BUY THAT AND BUILD A COMPETETIVE BOAT IF THEY HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE AND BALLS! HECK I WON THE LAST MODIFIED RACE WITH A BOAT THAT WAS 2 TENTHS SLOWER THAN THE TOP 4 BOATS IN THE CLASS. TO SAY THERE IS NO NEED FOR MORE CLASSES I THINK YOUR WRONG, A RIDEBOAT NITROUS CLASS WOULD WITH OUT A DOUBT BE THE BIGGEST CLASS AT THE RACES IN MY OPINION. IT WOULD BRING MORE MONEY TO THE NAADR AND MORE SPECTATORS BECAUSE THESE FOLKS RACING WOULD BRING FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO WATCH THEM RACE!

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Waterthunder » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Im looking at the may 17th results. I see this many boats registered!
Mod 4cyl had 3 boats
Modified 6cyl A/C had the most boats looks like 7,
Modified car motor had 1 boat,
Race boat combined had 2 boats,
Pro Mod 4cyl had 2 boats,
Pro Mod 6-8 cyl had 4 boats,
unlimited had 5 boats.

It doesn't seam to me that we need more classes. I didn't realize they all ready turned pro mod into more then 1 class. I hope everyone realizes when it comes to my opinions on rules and classes I'm putting the sport 1st and the sport will never grow until races become more enjoyable for the spectators.

That's 24 boats in 7 classes that averages to 4 boats in each class.

321-508-5316

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Tony480 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:08 pm

That was also after 3 races in 4 weeks wasn't it?

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Postby HAMMERHEAD » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:31 pm

Yes it was after many races in a short period of time. I guess if you don't want all these fast ride boats that race at the lake to come to the sanctioned races then not making a class for them is a good idea but there are a lot more of them than there are race boats! The problem isn't the classes it's the amount of boats per class but what is your answer Dave? It sounds like you want less classes and more uneven competition. I think the classes right now are about as fair as you can get. Sounds like you want ride boats with nitrous running in unlimited and then don't want them to cry about fairness when they get beat, then you want them to come back and do it again next time so the sport doesn't die.

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Waterthunder » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:48 pm

I have realized everybody wants a class for their boat that doesn't allow any faster boats than theirs in the class. Just go ahead an add some classes.
in
Look at the post about Ryder entering this new ride boat nitrous class you want to add.. He can be competitive in unlimited I know if I had his set up I would have already been trying to. He wants to run a ride boat class that allows nitrous. The very next post was how Jack wouldn't run a rideboat class if Ryder was in it,,,, right there explains everything I have said and the best part of all this is a class that people are wanting to add.

I have NO dog in this hunt you obviously want things to stay the same, I obviously would like to see some things change I will say in this situation you way will probably prevail.

No hard feelings I just think adding more classes is a mistake. As soon as you do that 4 boats will enter once 1 wins twice the 3 people who lost will want a new class for step boats and one with out. Or a class for poly and one without. WHEN DOES IT END????

321-508-5316

swampdragster
Southern Airboat Member

Postby swampdragster » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:37 pm

I think the nitrous ride boat class would be a good class you just need somebody with some common sense to determine what is a ride boat and what is not a ride boat,and they need specific rules as far as what type of boats would classify as a ride boat or modified and super modified and so on .
I have a 16 by 8 small block ride boat with nitrous and a bimini top and 5 seats .it ran close with Bubba's mod. boat. Im sure there are much faster similar boats to mine and I would be happy to try to run with them....

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Waterthunder » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:07 pm

Ouch I almost shot my self in the foot by suggesting some good rules. You guy's just come up with the rules for this class I will stay out of this debate.

321-508-5316

swampdragster
Southern Airboat Member

Postby swampdragster » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:49 pm

I'm not getting in a pissing match over class rules ,my boats may be out of date and I may be out of touch with what's going on in the world today .if someone comes up with a class and my boats can be somewhat competitive I'll race.

Return to “High Performance Talk”