Silly Question?

How to soup'em up...a little less moderated...medium skin thickness required!
PUDDLEBUSTER
Southern Airboat Member

Silly Question?

Postby PUDDLEBUSTER » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:41 pm

First off I'm not a racer, I'm a spectator! I read alot on here about the races, how there's not many boats for this class or that class etc.. ... Or how this boat doesn't fit in a particular class and there should be a class for it etc. ... Well why can't the races be set up like the old tv show "Pinks All Out"?? On the show it wasn't always the fastest cars that went for the money, it was the cars that ran the closest times that would put on the best races (according to the show) that raced. Well you could have a group of 4 banger duck hunting boats or a group of unlimited boats, that run close to each other that end up running for the money!! And for all the guys that want to know who actually has the fastest boat on that particular day, the time slips would tell the story!
From what I read boats are sparse coming to the race events and each particular boat wants to have it's own class to be the Winner of !!!
I think most if not all of the racers would agree that there are way more ride/hunt boats, that are fast out there. And if you could get these boats to show up and run a competitive race and see what airboatracing is about. Some of those boat owners/racers maybe would go off and build a Raceboat according to a set of rules, for a particular class.
As a spectator of all types of racing, to me the best races to watch was the beginner classes, those was the races you could pick out an underdog an root for him to win. And usually those classes had double the entries of any other Race class.
Just an idea to kick around :D

Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Silly Question?

Postby Southern Style » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:24 pm

I kinda agree with what your saying, but with that said, then you still are gonna have the "Yea, But I am FASTER than those boats" argument.. So, actually, it would not get anywhere.. Then you would have middle boats winning trophies and the faster boats angry that they are really faster.... See what I am saying? I may not be saying what I am thinking... or getting it out there.. I think all racers care about is that they are the fastest in their class, that's why there are so many classes to try to fit in..

Trust me, I am not a racer either, I just go to watch and thank them for the show.. it is entertaining !!!
DONT ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY...THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.....
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO

PUDDLEBUSTER
Southern Airboat Member

Postby PUDDLEBUSTER » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:47 pm

I think if the classes still remain for like the points championships etc... and maybe only hold a race in the spring and one in a the fall like what I'm saying, get a few really good race sponsors, get a really good purse to offer and SET a firm date. And Advertise it through the race sponsors and any other way conceivable. It could be a really good couple of weekends a year.
And the racers that usually run in the points classes want to run in these couple big race events they'll just have to play ball by the rules of these races.
Just tryin to think out side of the box here!!

pacemaker1
Southern Airboat Member

Postby pacemaker1 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:21 am

I would like to see classes set up by weight where a pair of boats pull up on a scale and either add or take out weight prior to running. When the two vessels are more closely weighted the competition could be more reliant on set-up and design other than which one is lighter in a 400ft run. Its a game of physics and its hard to overcome deficits of 100lbs or more when two separate rigs look similar and have similar power plants and one is substanially lighter. Unlimited classes would obviously be unlimited. I'm referring more to the ride boat category. Currently if you build a race boat it better be light and have light internals to compete in the short distances. Weight classes are prevalent in a variety of motorsports events and its not by chance. Just my penny's worth.

Gleedaniel13
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gleedaniel13 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:35 am

I agree with this one. I think our both will be much competitive if it is light and well designed. :)

Return to “High Performance Talk”