LED Headlight

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
bullfr0ggy
Southern Airboat Member

Re: LED Headlight

Postby bullfr0ggy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:36 pm

Gatorlights LED modules are accurately rated most LED headlamps on the market are overrated as well as most LED flashlights I have a Fenix flashlights that has 2300 lumans with 3 LEDs but it does not have the throw of gatorlights. How far a LED throws light is very important for navigation.
https://m.facebook.com/Gatorlights/?ref=bookmarks

90chevy396
Southern Airboat Member

Postby 90chevy396 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:16 am

Scotty1 wrote::rebel: 900 lumens is not all that bright, ive got flash lights that are 2000 lumens :rebel: just my opion

le me just put it this way the guy that is bringing this light to market has a flashlight fetish and probably has a hundred different flashlights and when he first showed me this light I told him that a streamlight is hard to beat and that he had his work cut out for him if he is to bring a led into the airboat world as a wearable light compact enough and to produce the results that everyone desires out of the aircraft landing lights and he has done his home work. as soon as I can get away from the ball field and hit the water again I will take it out to demonstrate what results we get alone side the open lense lights often used today and the aircraft landing light and report back but seeing the results in a open field were very impressive when comparing the fore mentioned lights.
13' LASER W/455 BUICK DD SINGLE FRONT DOUBLE REAR WHIRL WIND PROPELLER

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby jopete » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:57 am

i frog and fish for a living. i have a tabletop full of disappointing led headlight failures. they put out ok light, but not like a 2509 aircraft light. plus they are some crazy voltage that is not compatable with good ol 12v.

i am liking the 10 watt led headlight that i made from a headlight off of amazon [65$]. just search for coon hunting lights on amazon.

if your light is all that i'd get at least 1 of them, but until then i'm gonna keep my hundred bucks. if i have to worry about a cord, i just assume run a 4509 12v landing light.

90chevy396
Southern Airboat Member

Postby 90chevy396 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:13 am

jopete wrote:i frog and fish for a living. i have a tabletop full of disappointing led headlight failures. they put out ok light, but not like a 2509 aircraft light. plus they are some crazy voltage that is not compatable with good ol 12v.

i am liking the 10 watt led headlight that i made from a headlight off of amazon [65$]. just search for coon hunting lights on amazon.

if your light is all that i'd get at least 1 of them, but until then i'm gonna keep my hundred bucks. if i have to worry about a cord, i just assume run a 4509 12v landing light.

jopete once I get back on the water with the unit I will get some pictures and try to get a video with a comparison and let you know and the unit comes with a battery pack that has a belt loop and a power cord to hook up to the boat so when I have personal real use on the water I will get back in touch. I have had to run in several times on a mini mag sized streamlight and it has worked but excited to see this thing on the water.

Scotty1
Southern Airboat Member
Location: ft white fla and former Naples fla cracker for 48 years

Postby Scotty1 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:03 pm

:rebel: I AM RUNNING FOR THE PAST YEAR OR SO WITH A 3000 LUMENS , 3 LEDS 12 VOLTS AT A COST $14:95 and I am quite satisfied , I have a 336 watts 24 inch led light bar on the front that brings daylight early :rebel:

90chevy396
Southern Airboat Member

Postby 90chevy396 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:56 pm

well fellas I got the light out on the water sunday morning and that son of a gun is brighter than I remembered. hit the water at 5:45am and running down the backtrail you could light up as far as you can see. from the landing you could light up the grass easily across to the west side with no problems. ran up into my honey hole and loved it. the spot is a little narrower than the bulb diamondback sells but the reach is much longer. you have your tight beam @ about 300 yards to be probably 150 foot wide and the surrounding flood is good too. I didn't get any video or pictures as my brother left the camera in the truck but next time I hit the water in the dark I will post at the minimum a picture.
thanks bullfroggy for the light I can say the light is definitely worth the money

bullfr0ggy
Southern Airboat Member

Postby bullfr0ggy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Thank you for the positive feedback. This light draws only 1 amp, it is waterproof, lightweight and very comfortable to wear. It is a vast improvement over old incandescent High amperage draw headlights and is much brighter with longer throw than any other overrated led headlamps on the market thank you.
I hope to have a website set up soon and will be offering portable battery packs for these Gatorlights. For more information email me bullfr0ggy@yahoo.com I do not use Facebook Messenger.

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:04 pm

I use these and they work pretty good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UltraFire-High- ... SwKtlWhHfK

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby jopete » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:19 pm

this is the light I use now. $65 on amazon, then u have to mount it on either a hat or a bump cap. it will run all night frogging. if the light yall are pimping is 12v and shines about the same, it will be a good light to have.

https://www.amazon.com/Kohree-80000Lux- ... ing+lights

this light is a tad brighter for $26, but it's a tad uncomfortable. best cheap headlight I have owned, and I've owned a bunch of them.

https://www.amazon.com/Odear-Headlamp-R ... t+by+odear

FlaGatorSlayer
Southern Airboat Member

Postby FlaGatorSlayer » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:39 pm

I got the camo hat from Lightheaded Hat Lights LLC. It is awesome !!! you have a rechargeable battery pack and/or you can hook up to your boat when you are in your seat and while you are doing that you can recharge the battery pack. A good system ~ hook to boat when in your seat then go to battery pack to get up and move around boat or get out of boat.

:old_glory: :florida: :rebel:

Return to “Airboat Tech”