Stiff steering

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
pawn
Southern Airboat Member

Stiff steering

Postby pawn » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:59 pm

Have a stiff stick, I have new cables made by Parker Hose (grey) Any cables that have less resistance? My left arm is getting bigger than right!! I live in DFW area.

Pawn :

justin m
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Stiff steering

Postby justin m » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:01 pm

Is your cable kinked or have any sharp bends in it? I had one that was really hard and looked positioned right but i pulled it off and re-routed it and it was as smooth as could be
A/V 540 on a 13ft Navigator hull, swingin a 72" 2 blade WW signature series. Go boat, not a show boat.

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:03 pm

Track down whats bad simply disconnect the cable and start moving everything. If the cable tight its bad to start with.

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby akblackdawg » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:11 pm

have you disconnected the rudder and then moved the stick, if it slides easy without rudder, then the ratio is making the difference. if no kinks, and lube is correct, should side easy without rudder. If it was free with old cables, I would call Parker-Gray. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

Return to “Airboat Tech”