Wireless headset

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
SHOOTER250
Southern Airboat Member

Wireless headset

Postby SHOOTER250 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:47 am

Looking to buy wireless headsets for 4, any recommendations would be appreciated thanks!!

Myakka Rooster
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Wireless headset

Postby Myakka Rooster » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:53 am

Myakka Rooster
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby Myakka Rooster » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:01 am

I also talked to Matt , He hand makes his head set packages. 801-991-0577

bkmail
Southern Airboat Member

Postby bkmail » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:37 pm

Myakka Rooster wrote:http://www.yourtalkingnow.com/

Another vote for Rick and his wirekess headsets!
Bk
https://www.bkmarineservices.com
https://m.facebook.com/BKMarineServices

502 BBC on a 18' Alumitech w/4 blade master blasters, Skip built

Rollbar1
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Rollbar1 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:51 pm

Guy's I have the Sena sets. My son and I have them when we ride the bikes. Work great. I can bluetooth to my iPhone and listen to some jam and when he talks, it over rides the music and you can answer phone calls etc. If someone wanted to listen to radio, get the one with the radio setup.
Comes w/ear speakers and some double stick tape that you stick in the motorcycle helmet. I'm sure you can just get some ear muffs and stick the speakers in the ear muffs like a motorcycle helmet and screw the device on the side. Might be cheaper. The 20S has way better speakers than the 10.
Also, you can buy some extra bases that the main part clips to and it is universal etc. Also, w/the 20S, as well as the 10 you can talk to various people in the group. The 20S is longer range. Also, there is a Sena camera that will bluetooth to the device and you can voice over.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena ... th-headset

Older video but still the same. Watch the video of the 20S and 10, then decide.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpZxkFZzonc

SHOOTER250
Southern Airboat Member

Postby SHOOTER250 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:15 am

Thanks guys

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:06 am

Talked with Rick last night about these wireless Sena Units he puts together. I had been looking at these intercoms for 2 years and finally think I am ready to get a pair now since the gear drive makes a bit more noise than the old direct drive. The man is very nice and has it all figured out after selling these systems for years. He said if you would need 4 or less and they are being used for airboating the Series 10 set ups he makes in the 3M Pelator 30db muffs will be great. The new Series 20 units can expand up to 8 so they better suit a tour operation or big capacity barge but he really likes the Series 20 enhanced features.

When you get a set from Rick he does the programming and can upload the newest updates before he ships. Got a pair of the Series 10 units coming soon will let you know an honest review of their performance.

bkmail
Southern Airboat Member

Postby bkmail » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:54 am

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:Talked with Rick last night about these wireless Sena Units he puts together. I had been looking at these intercoms for 2 years and finally think I am ready to get a pair now since the gear drive makes a bit more noise than the old direct drive. The man is very nice and has it all figured out after selling these systems for years.

When you get a set from Rick he does the programming and can upload the newest updates before he ships. Got a pair of the Series 10 units coming soon will let you know an honest review of their performance.

You have ''honest'' reviews above. Ricks headsets are a great deal, he's a good man putting together a fine product. . Plenty of ''honest'' reviews if you do a search also......
Bk

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:22 pm

I see people cast votes and post links.

Searched and found more on the other brands like Sampson, Fusion and Rugged than Ricks.
Really would like to learn/share the pro and con from a user that was what was meant by an honest review. Maybe I should have used the word "comprehensive review" it fits the sentence better.
Do you run the 10 or 20 series BK? I have a pair of his 10s on the way

bkmail
Southern Airboat Member

Postby bkmail » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:41 am

4 of the 10 series.
Easy to use, tough, and affordable. Line of sight, in my experience, is great for a long ways if you run 2 different boats linked up. Ricks service is excellent. They hold a charge for quite while too!
No worries, I think you will like them.
Bk

gladesman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby gladesman » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:03 am

Using these can't be as exciting as shooter and driver screaming directions back and forth while chasing a big ole buck through whatever gets in the way. :)

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:08 am

Direct drive was no issue shouting back and forth but a spinning up big Caddy with the Rotator drive growl makes it a harder task.

Thanks for the input BK

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:19 pm

I purchased the Sampson Racing headsets with uses the Sena 10R. It's a great product but the one thing you don't have is VOX capability. You have to stop the music to talk to others on the boat. We don't even use that feature anymore. We listen to music or take phone calls. We talk enough when we stop. ;)
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:33 pm

VOX would have been a nice feature. We net fish so when spotting the intercoms should prove to be useful.

bkmail
Southern Airboat Member

Postby bkmail » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:41 pm

Wife mows the law with a set on also, bluetooths tunes to her earmuffs.
Comes in handy at the launch as you can talk calmly vs. waving arms and shouting like so many others when communicating fom boat to truck.
Had a set of PIRATECOM originally. Complete waste of money in my opinion.

Anyhow, good luck fishing!
Bk

Planeguy
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Planeguy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:32 am

gladesman wrote:Using these can't be as exciting as shooter and driver screaming directions back and forth while chasing a big ole buck through whatever gets in the way. :)

I didn't realize it was legal to hunt deer that way in Florida. :stirpot:

gladesman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby gladesman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:54 am

Technically it isn't but for the most part it was that or dogs let loose on heads or a radar dog + chase.

Planeguy
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Planeguy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:43 pm

gladesman wrote:Technically it isn't but for the most part it was that or dogs let loose on heads or a radar dog + chase.

Now you lost me. I don't hunt in FL but I have never lived anywhere you could use dogs to hunt deer either unless maybe tracking a wounded animal. Either way, chasing deer never made much sense to me. All that adrenaline ruins the flavor of the meat.

Hamant Airboats
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Hamant Airboats » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:33 pm

We are a dealer for Sonetics Wireless Headsets. If you're interested feel free to give us a call! 321-259-6998
Hamant Airboats
321-259-6998
800-840-6998
http://www.hamantboats.com
airboatsbyhamant@yahoo.com

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:46 pm

I got my pair of Series 10 Sena head sets from Rick and so far so good!

Rick had a very fast ship, communicates very well and is an excellent vendor to deal with.

The units power up and pair easy, once you figure out how to mate the Bluetooth it is a simple feature to use.

The range of the Sena 10 appears to be less than the advertised range the manufacturer claims but that is sort of typical for family radios and intercoms. They say 900 meters but my finding was more like 150 to 250 meters and as you get to the further range you pick up static. That said for an airboat it is not even a relevant concern unless your running in two boats which in that case maybe the 20 series are a better choice for you.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:24 am

UPDATE: Water Exposure / 10 series in 3M Pelator

Purchased the 10 series back in the spring. They are easy to use and for close range work very well. On my last outing I had a "WATER EXPOSURE" and one headset was thought to be a lost. I contacted Rick Powers for advice and started taking the system components apart as he directed. After a 72 hour period in a very dry controlled environment I am able to report the headset is back together and 100% operational.

The quality of the product amazed me and Rick Powers was prompt to assist. He pointed me in the right direction and steered me to a DIY rather than take my money without need. To say I am pleased is an understatement.

SWAMPHUNTER45 seal of approval for sure !

Thanks again Mr. P

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:09 am

I have the cheaper costing two person set for when we gator hunt and it works great. A hell of a lot better not yelling at each other half the night.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:14 pm

Well rest easy JEEP mine are the lower cost units (10 series) and I water boarded mine this week and they proved to be a tough and reliable system.

mrbill
Southern Airboat Member

Postby mrbill » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:26 am

I got a set from Matt could not be happier with them we use them all the time just to ride but for frogging and gator hunt they work awesome and have a great long range even when using two boats

silverado57
Southern Airboat Member

Postby silverado57 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:22 am

Rick is the way to go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Airboat Tech”