• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in, send request for help to: webmaster@southernairboat.com
Square nose Panther '74
T. Gaffney

Square nose Panther '74

Racing was very competitive. Dad won top eliminator this day with a 0290. Before the race ever started, someone cut his fuel injection and plug wires. The person that did it got outrun this day regardless! Bob Hopwood, who was announcing, offered a $1000 reward for information. R.V. Fripp, whic
the time you are speaking of Tucker is a race at Mascotte ,Don Pierces racetrack. There was a real thunderstorm and when it cleared, we found the plug wires cut,, it was suspicion that it was a racer from south florida, although to my knowledge it was never proven. Don Pierce did all the announcing at Mascotte. iwas there on that saturday nite about midnite when i was run down and my shirt tore off of me, i was wearing a panther shirt... lots of craps games, lots of money lost.. lol

Damnit man! Guess you had to take one for the team! He's pretty sure he knows who did it. Not trying to sound arrogant but he was pretty hard to beat back then and I guess some people didn't like that.

Media information

Category
Vintage Airboat Racing
Added by
T. Gaffney
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media