• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in, send request for help to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Best prop setup

SHEPHERD OF CHRIST

Have been doing a lot of reading from Old Post just wondering with the new props that are out today which would be the best for my particular boat it will be a 15 x 8 will show it by posting a picture boat will be single rear driver double front passenger main use will be just riding along with camping gear don't need speed not planning on turning motor over 5400 where the motor makes 702 tq considering a ballistic counter rotator appreciate everyone's advice and opinionsScreenshot_20221117-212308-931.png

SWAMPHUNTER45

Pushing a load I prefer a wide blade like the JX or vintage S but with a CR and it’s unique needs your best to refer to Diamondback or Darrin at Sensenich.

Most CR boats are set up with multiple thinner blades. PatoS on here runs a big hp LS with a CR but he is 1000hp plus and that is a rare build.

I would not run a CR personally. They are dang heavy and 4 big wide blades will hold back a 700plus

My Branch 520 is very happy with 4 big blades and a standard drive.

SHEPHERD OF CHRIST

After looking at several boats with cr it seems you have to put 10 or12 inward and 9or8 outward that tells me this set up is not very efficient so I guess it's back to a standard drive and a big set of props and I will definitely test multiple blades to see which one I like

SHEPHERD OF CHRIST

Do you mean the one that was sunk in lake Okeechobee when they passed away if that's the one you mean I still have it hadn't done anything with it thought I would change the cage and the seat stand and put my 406 on it 2:68 gear

Pushing a load I prefer a wide blade like the JX or vintage S but with a CR and it’s unique needs your best to refer to Diamondback or Darrin at Sensenich.

Most CR boats are set up with multiple thinner blades. PatoS on here runs a big hp LS with a CR but he is 1000hp plus and that is a rare build.

I would not run a CR personally. They are dang heavy and 4 big wide blades will hold back a 700plus

My Branch 520 is very happy with 4 big blades and a standard drive.
Like most items discussed on this forum, it really depends on your goals and budget. I am running an almost 17ft Utah/Alaska style boat. So it has a cab and extra reinforcement to the hull throughout that all adds extra weight. SWAMPHUNTER45 is correct. I am running 1,100 HP. But I'm actually NOT running a CR. Darrin at Sensenich and I discussed that because of TQ roll as I am very close to 1,200 HP and TQ.
But ultimately we decided on a five blade JX and single Oxbox. Happy to dive into details if you want to PM. But it really came down to weight and space. I have had a couple of airboats and I can't say enough about the snap of the JX. Darrin is great. Give him a call. You won't be disappointed having his opinion on your build.

SHEPHERD OF CHRIST

I appreciate the advice I'm not looking to build a motor over 800 hp and I'm not looking for a boat to race with just for family so how fast it spins the prop up is no concern of mine nothing is set in stone as of yet I am however going to try different companies to see which prop I like the best I don't go by popularity I do appreciate the advice and help

Last edited: