• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Best website, hands down

MavDog

I am also pretty new to this site, i gotta tell you, whoever created and runs this site, KUDOS!!! this has been the most informative site i have found, i think of a question and before i post, i look in the archives and sure enough, the topic has been covered. Thanks for everybodies help. I know i have called quite a few of you on items for sale.
I have 12x7 gore hull, turn key minus the engine. it had a 220 on it. Been looking for something to replace it with( within my budget, DAMN BUSH!) i think i may have found a go-435. told it has a gearbox on it. IS this a Prop reduction unit built in? if so, anyone know the ratio? one more, looking for a prop adapter for it. (it has a splined shaft) Thanks again!

I am also pretty new to this site, i gotta tell you, whoever created and runs this site, KUDOS!!! this has been the most informative site i have found, i think of a question and before i post, i look in the archives and sure enough, the topic has been covered. Thanks for everybodies help. I know i have called quite a few of you on items for sale.........

Rick owns the site. The site is run by moderators assigned by him. The Board (Site Supporters) historiclly has been asked for an opinion on nearly every decision effecting the site itself.

You wont find a more dedicated and concientious crew on any other posting type forum anywhere. Not to mention just plain good people.

MavDog, maybe its time to consider becoming a site supporter. The site doesnt run for free ya know. Furthermore you will then have access to the Board and have a say so in how things are done.

Scotty :

MavDog said:
i think i may have found a go-435. told it has a gearbox on it. IS this a Prop reduction unit built in?

Is this the engine they used on the Cessna 175, If I recall they spun them to about 3500 RPM and the prop swings "BACKWARD's" Do manufacturers produce RH little prop's or is it a splined output because the gearbox is missing? :?

No the gearbox is not nissing. that much i am sure of. so i have to run a rh prop?

Whitebear, i was thinkin the same thing and will be doing so directly.

what makes cheaper and eaiser, because i can pick this motor up alot cheaper than any 220 i have found. earlier threads on this motor shows a general consensus that it out performs a 220. no?

Cold, the Cessna 175 used the Continental GO-300. The Lycoming GO-435 was used on the SeaBee flying boat. The engine was used in light tanks too. Depending on which model the engine could have come from a Beech or Twin Bonanza.

I think it would cost a lot to modify the GO-435. I currently have a 220 GPU and it has all the power I could want. I bought another engine this year to have as a spare for $750 that just came out of a generator.

What do you mean modify? this is't a plug and play unit? looks like all i need is a prop adapter and build an engine stand.( which i will be posting questions about, once i get to that bridge!)
i have seen a few airboats with this motor, matter of fact there is an old classified under a/c motors for one of these.

750 for a gpu, huh? i have yet to find a deal even close to that. seems like florida, everyone snatches em up here.
the guy only wants $500 for this 435. comes with mags and carb. nothing else acc. wise. i am kinda thinkin i cant pass it up. from i have read, i believe i will be pleased with the performance of this engine. if i am mislead, set me straight before i drop good money after bad. thanks

Ebay has the generator units every now and then. The one I got had a Buy it Now for $750 and I couldn't pass it up since it was close. I've seen several go for around $500. Shipping is the killer. It cost me another $500 to get all new reconditioned hydraulic lifters and cam followers. $135 for a complete gasket set and $350 for inspection and reconditioning on the crank and cam. The only thing left is reconditioned cylinders which are $250 each from Tom Jeffords. They all cost money.

If you can get that engine for $500 it sounds like a good deal. The prop adapter looks like it would be the big expense. I'm no expert but some others on the site should be able to help you out on that. I say go for it.

thanks d.b.. ok, well here it is...calling all cars. i am in need of a prop adapter for a go-435. has a gearbox and a splined shaft. how many splines i don't know yet.

ther is a prop adapter on ebay that show to be for this engine but truth be told, i don't know what i am looking at. soon as i figure out how to post a link, i will put it here. is the prop adapter a airboat specific peice or will a/c adapter work?

yeah, thats the one. ting that gets me is i expected to see splines on at least one sie of the hub

You might PM AirAg. I think in some old posts he bought a 16 spline E-185 engine and was looking for a hub. A guy named Bob Carlton was listed as a person who could make one for you. AirAg said it was expensive.

welcome to the sight and now it is time to stop blaming the president for your misfortunes. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS THE PRESIDENT.

KR23 has a point, most of the shortcomings of the Shrub's Presidency have been due to others who think they know better than the President.

Having said that I bash Bush frequently. He is too easy on Terrorism and Certainly doesn't understand proper warfighting. Kill em all and sew their fields in salt I say. That way we dont have to trade with them, we then own it outright. If the rest of the world don't like it remind them they "could" be next.

Remind them we have some good ole boy airboaters who if they dont behave he will loose them on their sorry a$$es instead of the military and watch what happens then !

God it feels good to be able to talk like a redneck ! Lovin Life.

Scotty

well i know that that go 435 is one bad little engine a friend of mine has one it it turns a 76 power shift falcon pitch on about 7.5 degrees 3400 rpm . its on a13 ft bandit hull with heavy rigging. and it will run the hill loaded with four grown men. very impressive engine. i have owned an o435 and loved it too. the prop is a left hand rotation to with a gear ratio of 1.55to 1 .

thanks for the welcoming kr23, but on this one we will have to agree to disagree. i blame my misfortunes on noone but myself. i put the blame of the state of our blessed union and it's economy on our fear(ful)less leader. his father was a good pres. clinton was better. 'W' sucks. sorry. And for the FREEDOM to say so, I thank her nation of HEROS, alive and passed for making and keeping it this way!!

JT540- thanks, i am purty excited to strap it in and hang on!! now, if only to find a prop adapter and a lh prop....

Welcome to the site MavDog!

You are entitled to your opinion, however misguided it is :D

I for one don't share it!

ATT0.jpg

Back