• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Big Gator Shootout

cfth

Here are the flyers for the awards ceremony. This is going to be a great event! We are going to have an awesome band and Loughman's is going to provide great BBQ and a fantastic venue. We are going to have Bounce Houses and snow cones for the kids. There are GREAT door prizes for those registered and a chance to win raffle items for everyone attending. There will be several vendor and club booths to check out while your there. Piratecom will be giving a demo on their systems and they have also donated a system to CFTH to Raffle!!! The FAA will have a booth, as well as Airboating Magazine just to name a few. John from Backcountry Designs will be displaying his artwork and can make you a custom Decal if you want.

All American Alligator donated Alligator Products for 5th Place, their products are high quality. Our Sponsor Horton donated a crossbow for 4th place which will certainly make a nice addition to someone’s gator hunting arsenal. Diamondback Airboats donated a Sensenich Prop for 3rd place, and of course we have the cash prizes for 2nd and 1st. Our top five placing gators will also receive a Hot Spray Bedliner. A special thanks to HOTSPRAY for donating Bedliners! Check them out at hotpray.com.

Again we really want to thank our sponsors for donating such great prizes; we couldn't make this happen without them. These are great companies, go to their sites and check out their products. Look forward to seeing everyone there. Time is running out; please turn your gators into CFTH.

BIG_GATOR_SHOOTOUT_FLYER_jpg.jpg

GATOR_SHOOT_OUT_special_thanks_to_sponsors_jpg.jpg

Look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow. Make sure you say hello as I would love to put some names with faces. Weather should be great.

Grayson, You have really busted your arse for this. We are leaving Odessa right now for the trip over to share your success. Good Job.

Just got back from Shoot Out. Great day. Well done event. Looking forward to this one getting bigger each year.

Got some good photos for our next issue and will also post some up on our website.

Grayson,

My wife and I had a great time at the shootout awards today. I'm glad I brought my parents along because they also had a great time. I have participated with some high profile tournaments and this one has all the makings of them with a down home feel. I was excited about winning a door prize and a raffle. I look forwad to that hog hunt with CFTH. Thanks again.

Ray

Shootout was a great event. I got to meet Brewester and see that badazz CONTINENTAL powered PUMPKIN of his. Pics don't do that boat justice! Class act guy! I hope to meet many more of you in the days ahead...

MAN WE HAD A GREAT TIME , THANKS FOR HAVING US GRAYSON AND MINDY YOU GUYS ARE GREAT FOLKS . EVERYONE WE MET WAS GOOD PEOPLE , I WANT TO THANK AIRBOATING MAGAZINE FOR ALL THE GREAT PICS THEY TOOK , THERE 1ST CLASS FOLKS AND ARE DOING A HELL OF A JOB WITH THE NEW MAG.

THE HIGHLIGHT FOR ME WAS MEETING MR. BUDS SON AND GRANDAUGHTER , I DONT KNOW ABOUT DANNY B. BUT WHEN MR. BUDS SON WAS TALKING TO US AND TELLING US HOW MUCH HE APPRECIATED EVERYTHING EVERYONE WAS DOING AND HOW MUCH IT MEANT TO HIM , THIS BIG OLD CRACKER LIKED TO HAVE GOT CHOKED UP , YOU CAN SEE IN THIS MANS EYES AND HEAR IN HIS VOICE THE PRIDE HE HAS FOR HIS DAD AND WHAT IT MEANS TO HIM.. IT BROUGHT THE WHOLE BUD MARQUIS PROJECT INTO PERSPECTIVE FOR ME.

MAVDOG IT WAS GREAT TO MET YOU AND YOUR WIFE AND THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS ON MY BOAT , BUT THE OLD CONTINENTAL WAS HURTING YESTERDAY , I HAD FUEL INJECTION PROBLEMS ALL DAY WHICH KEEP ME RUNNING ON HALF THROTTLE , MAN I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME WORK ON THE MOTOR. BY THE END OF THE DAY A COUPLE OF GENEVA550 BUDDYS FROM THE GLADES " DAMN GOOD GUYS " HAD SOME IDEAS AND HAD HER RUNNING PRETTY GOOD BY DARK , I STILL GOT SOME BUGS TO WORK OUT OF HER , WISH I COULD OF MADE A BETTER SHOWING 1ST TIME OUT BUT HELL WHAT YOU GONNA DO , MET SOME DAMN FINE FOLKS AND HAD A HELL OF A TIME. RICK ,COWBOY, MY HALF BROTHER CANEFAN , GENEVA550 AND ALL THE REST OF THE CREW AND THE GENEVA BOYS GOOD TO SEE ALL YOU FELLERS AND CAUSE TROUBLE LIKE ALWAYS.

P.S. THERE MIGHT BE SOME PICTURES SURFACE OF BIG GOBBLER AND BIG DADDY WITH A ROPE TRYING TO DRAG MY POOR OLD CONTINENTAL WITH THERE LYCOMINGS, I JUST WANT TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT EVEN THO PICS MIGHT LOOK OTHER WISE , I HAD MY CONTINENTAL IN REVERSE YOU SEE PULLING THEM BACKWARDS ! ..LOL :lol: :p

SERIOUSLY BIG GOBBLER AND BIG DADDY ARE SOME GOOD OLD BOYS AND I HAD A HELL OF A TIME HANGING OUT WITH YALL.

The shoot out was a great time and great atmospher there at Loughman Lodge. That was my first visit and I thuroughly enjoyed myself. It's always nice to see everyone. I was glad to see and say hello to Jeff and Dawn Patterson. I've not seen them for a long time. It's always fun to spend time with BREWSTER and Niki. BREW was running some bugs out of his new boat but that it sure is a beauty. Good to see Bishop Wright, Dave Howard, Franky(on another tough day for CaneFan's) Vinnie, ScottG, Big Al, Big Daddy, Big Gobbler, and others.
As always I really enjoyed seeing Rick, Theresa, Tristan, and Eathan. It was a pleasure to meet Mrs. Carroll (It's true Dudley, they did eat allot of Coot Gizzards & Rice).
Rick, and his friends Jody, Scott, and Crystal tooks Cowboy and I for a ride after dinner to Bear Bluff and Orange Mound. Nice riding and great company. Thanks for sharing that with us.
Got home and got to bed around 2:00am after a very fun day.

Just a BIGGGGGGGGGGGG Thank you to CFTH and all the good folks at the shootout.got to put faces with names and cant wait to win next year.Was a good time with GOOD folks.Need to get over there to Loughman Lodge and RUN THAT WATER was a really nice place
again THANKS to all
Capt. Roy
SOUTHEASTADVENTURES.com

I had a blast...thanks to Grayson & family, as well as Loughman Lake Lodge for puttin it on. Hope we do it every year from now on.

Also had a good time ridin w/ Kristal & Don Marquis, as well as a cool St. Johns River night ride w/cowboy, canefan, surban & daughter Crystal, & Jody. I only had one mag firing, but that 470 didn't even notice that once the sun went down. :)

Rick

Wow! I missed the opportunity to meet quite a few of you...hopefully when I have boat in the water that will change.
I can vouch for brewster...looked like that lycoming was doin the moonwalk :D

Finally got to go on my Raffle awarded hog hunt with CFTH. .22 mag did the trick.

Hog_hunt_CFTH_006.jpg

Grayson hooked us up. Thanks, Ray

Great Piggies ! .22 Mag is the ticket too ! Suwee Heah Pig pig piggy. Pow !

Get em on the BBQ !

Congratulations on the hunt !

Scotty

Back