• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

CADDY HEADERS

T-REX

hey everybody- what are some choices on long tube stainless headers for a caddy ??
as always thanks for any help in advance !!!

Hey! what are the choices for long tube stainless BBC headers, just wondering! :lol:

T-REX
Make sure you ask if the headers have square ports!!!!! Most people sell round port headers because they are easier to make. Don't give up free power to save twenty bucks.

crowhater is right, make sure you get the ones that match the ports of a caddy. I got mine from Floral City Airboats.

floral city would be convienient since ive got to get up to stinger next week- anybody else have any suggestions ??? thanx again

I can get you headers I know the short ones run about $250 and they can make them as long as you want but I would have to get a price and they would be 3" stainless

There are certain parameters a header should be made to for cubic inches/rpmrange ect. If you guys want a "good rule of thumb", I'll be glad to give my two cents as it's just as easy to build em right and take advantage of what's there.

Potter, you might as well give us your choice of mufflers to go with the header's. We all have to run them.

I just ordered some from Innovated Accessories and they are at the power coater getting some ceramic coating They are square port long tubes and they run about $375.00 with out the CC Number is 863-357-3400

If any one wants any headers pm me and I'll find out how much they are and I'll pm you a price just tell me what your looking for.

Hey Mudpuppy, I wish you would do some research before making a final decision. I reccomend checking out http://www.Headersbyed.com and sending in a header questionair. There is more power to be had with some good header design. Every motor is different and the headders need to match the combo. More HP and torque is always welcome when it does not interfere with driveability. Twenty five inch tubes would not help your motor at the RPM's that you would run. Happy boating.

I agree 100%. It all has to do with cylinder head flow, cam, cubic inches, rpm operating range and intake runner length and taper. In a given rpm range there are usually 3 high pressure pulse wave increases that occur (this is why you may actually see a drop in torque for a hundred rpm during a dyno pull , then it starts back in the upswing again.)The way to benefit most is to choose the area that gives you most of the goodie in your most benificial range. To get the "bestest" size and length of primary and colletor tubes, you have to do lots of syphering . It's the same way when trying to figure a camshaft. We are actually (and have for awhile)studying the use of two different cam masters. Basically long runner/short runner cam profiles. It's basically like having two 4 cylinder engines, one with longer runners and one with shorter ones. You tune with cam for each application and have a cam ground to fit. Headers are done with two primary tube lengths in an application like that. They don't change as much as a cam does though. They are more cubic inch guided. I have talked to ED many times and he is pretty sharp and experienced and always helpful. What he doesn't find out from a computer, he can help with the experience he has. I haven't run a full program on our type crate engines for headers, we set it up for a set we use on our dyno already, but at a tad over 500 inches and with an edelbrock, you'll most likely want something in a 34 to 35" primary for optimum performance. Make no mistake about it, you can benefit from a stepped header. They are easier to fab, so I don't know why header makers don't push em more. It loves a 3.5 collector and exhaust too.

There was a formula for diameter/length/rpm on here somewhere. What is really wild is when the company's do Tri Y and depending on brand determines what cyl's are paired. !?

ED THE MAN ! DID A WORK UP FOR ME SAID 50 MORE HP ABOUT 50 POUNDS A LITTLE LOWER ON THE RPMS ! HE HAS PROVEN TO MAKE A 100 HP MORE ON HIS DEAL ALONE ON OTHER MOTORS ! JUST FACT ! THAT S FREE SHI- ! I AM IN THE DEAL NOW MAKING MY SET ALONG WITH UNDERPRESSURE AND HIS DEAL !THATS THE CHEAPEST HP GAIN YOU CAN GET ! I HAVE GOT MORE CHEAP HP FROM ED - RICHARD - JOHN - DAVE - UNDER PRESSURE !OR SET UP ! COOL DEAL !THANKS GENTLEMEN !IF I GIVE YOU THE SPECS MOST OF YALL LOOK AT ME AND SAY BS ! WILL SEE IN A FEW DAYS ! :D THESE GUYS HAVENT PUT ME WRONG YET ! DONT THINK THAT WILL HAPPEN !

i think 1grand for headers is not worth a gain of 50 horse.unless i read his pricing wrong.if under 400 bucks maybe.

Let's see 50 hp for $1000.00 = 20 bucks per horse which ain't bad in the upper performance range for the average motor I know a few fellers that have paid upwards of $200.00 per horse on there small blocks

Back