• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

COAST GUARD RESCUES 2 AFTER BOAT ACCIDENT (THIS WASNT ME)

CULTURED REDNECK

COAST GUARD RESCUES 2 AFTER BOAT ACCIDENT

HOUSTON - The Coast Guard rescued two men after their boat ran aground in Galveston Bay, Texas, here Friday.

A watchstander at Coast Guard Sector Houston/Galveston received a call from a 911 operator in Galveston, Texas, reporting that an airboat had run aground near Greenscut in Galveston's West Bay. Two men had been thrown from the boat when it ran aground and were in need of immediate medical attention.

Coast Guard Air Station Houston launched an HH-65C Dolphin helicopter crew to rescue the two injured men. The helicopter crew took one person directly to the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, and the other to Scholes Field where an ambulance was waiting to take him to UTMB.

Both men were reported to be in critical condition.

The cause of the accident is under investigation.

For video of the rescue please use the following link.

http://cgvi.uscg.mil/media/main.php?g2_itemId=205599

Very sad to hear someones memorable day shattered by an accident. We all know how easy it is to get in trouble. Airboats can be a very dangerous toy at times! I hope the Bud run is flawless and memorable for all. I am looking forward to seeing the glades for the first time with a group of professionals,YALL :) . I could care less if I scattered my motor all over the glades and had to be towed back to the ramp,I would still remember the trip as a positive experience. Yet if I was to hurt another or hear of someone else injured it would ruin the whole trip. Please be safe guys, I hate stories like this one. Look forward to seeing everybody on the 29th.

under pressure":1lx1y1k8 said:
I could care less if I scattered my motor all over the glades and had to be towed back to the ramp, I would still remember the trip as a positive experience. Yet if I was to hurt another or hear of someone else injured it would ruin the whole trip.

I love that outlook and attitude.
Probably because I share it with ya. :)

matt.

The boat looks all right. I wonder if they hit the sand and were thrown to the front of the boat. One guy looked liked he smashed his face. I wonder if they could have used those seat belts Okie talked about. Maybe even a safety bar like on the front of Dbrewsters new boat.

Galveston Bay is very deceptive. Varying deapths including surface water over white sand. In the late 90s we had a 3 engine airboat run aground out there and threw drill stem for a thousand yards. Nobody hurt but took forever to det all that cleaned up and the boat was down the rest of the day. Was not carelessness or any other omission by the operator just normal running and whap dead stop, then float over it with the backwash.

Others have suffered broken backs and necks out there too. Several fatalities.

Even when ya do everything right,m you can still get bit hard.

Hope they all survive.

Scotty

Back