• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in, send request for help to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Color scheme ideas?

radtech

Over the years I've seen some pretty nice looking paint jobs on boats. I've spent the past 2 days trying to locate some to get ideas for how to paint up my new hull. I bought gray diamond tread seadek with blue inlay for the bow deck, so I'm planning to go gray with some type of blue accent. I'll try to include a pic of the seadek. Anybody Screenshot_20220610-142630_Samsung Internet.jpggot pics of a cool way to do a 2 tone paint job??

glades cat

Tim, long time no see. I miss the Crawfish boils. Lol. How you been? Nice new boat. What power are you putting on it?
As far as paint scheme....how about a big radiation propellor scheme. Name her Fallout Shelter.
Grey is for Battle Ships....unless you plan on calling her that. Put a big X-ray machine turret on the bow. You can cook the frogs as you gig them. Lol
Just messing with you, brother.
Anyway...congrats on the new build. More pics.

John Fenner

The boat I built in '95 was schemed off of a gas station coffee mug, dark metallic green, with the cage the color of the lettering on the mug, gold metallic, got many compliments on that, after the boat was blown over twice, almost a year to the date, Don painted it black with gold striping on the sides.
The gray and blue is appealing,, scheme it as a bud light can color.

radtech

Tim, long time no see. I miss the Crawfish boils. Lol. How you been? Nice new boat. What power are you putting on it?
As far as paint scheme....how about a big radiation propellor scheme. Name her Fallout Shelter.
Grey is for Battle Ships....unless you plan on calling her that. Put a big X-ray machine turret on the bow. You can cook the frogs as you gig them. Lol
Just messing with you, brother.
Anyway...congrats on the new build. More pics.
Been doing good, brother! I miss them too! Come hell or high water, I plan to be there at Mack's for a 2023 ride and crawfish boil. As far as the coler scheme, I guess I was a little shy on info. My idea is to go with the "Tim Taylor" thing and call her tool time. Thought about maybe a band of blue down the side with a string of tools in the middle, and the rudders done with a pic of Pam Anderson from the early series in a pair of overalls and some big power tool. What I was looking for was an idea for how to do the blue on gray paint job. I found 1 pic (sorry if I'm using someone's boat pic without asking) with something like what I had in mind for the 2 tone, but want something alittle dressier. Here is the one pic I found...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220618-025455_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220618-025455_Samsung Internet.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 9

radtech

...also I will start a thread as I get more pics in, but I'm going with the old caddy, which I learned actually had a 472 crank, bored .30 over, Keith Black 10-1 pistons, etc, and want to get a 1.7-1 gear box and prop to go with it. Gonna be a beast!!

One Eyed Gator

I have always lighted the blue on gray myself.

I had a similar motor 472 .020 76cc head decked a bit and worked (well what you can do to caddy head) and my cam spec, ran strong. Only run as a direct drive, though.

Always wanted to put box behind it with a different cam.

Should run great for you.

Last edited: