• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Diagnostic port on 6.2

EastBay

Well-known member
Hello,
Can someone tell me where the diagnostic port is for a Levitator 6.2 SC. Found the electronic control module...but not a plug in port.
Any help is appreciated. If anyone comes to Apalachicola to boat....let me know.
Thank you.
Eastbay
 
I can't say specifically for a Levitator but on the Marine Power version, the data port is at the front of the engine near the supercharger intake. It isn't an OBD II style plug; it's flat. You might look there.
 
Fool if you get time one day could you post a pic of the port and the scan tool you use to read it please.

Do you scan from a hand held device or a laptop and do you need special software ?
 
The software I use is called Diacom from Rinda Technologies. They have interfaces for almost every marine product out there (including PCM, Mercury, Marine Power, Seven Marine, and many others). Looking at their site, I see that the adapter used on Marine Power is the same used on PCM so the plugs are exactly the same. The two pictures I'm posting is where the plug sits normally and then lifted up for access. It requires a laptop. They do sell a handheld unit but it is nowhere near as useful. The information you can pull is amazing.
 

Attachments

  • 20201023_112046.jpg
    20201023_112046.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 1,973
  • 20201023_112101.jpg
    20201023_112101.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 1,970
The software also allows you to do a number of different system tests, the most valuable of which is cylinder contribution test. You can also do test runs and record the results. This is useful because you can see trendlines developing; changes in oil pressure, fuel pressure, fuel consumption. In fact, I just used the software to diagnose a fuel pressure issue. I compared a number of different runs done over the last two years and could see a steady drop in fuel pressure. I did this because the software told me I had a fuel pressure sensor fault, which could mean the sensor itself or an actual drop in fuel pressure. Once I saw the trend developing, I hooked up the fuel pressure gauges and confirmed I was losing fuel pressure. Thankfully, the engine had gone into limp mode before melting itself down with a lean fuel condition. New fuel pump is on its way.
 
SWAMPHUNTER45 said:
Fool if you get time one day could you post a pic of the port and the scan tool you use to read it please.

Do you scan from a hand held device or a laptop and do you need special software ?

Hey! I am not an Idiot! Probably have blueprinted more engines than you can imagine! Just asking about port location. Do not say fool...i have followed many of your responses....thought you are a okay...righteous guy!
Come slide the Apalachicola River and the other rivers.
Eastbay
 
digginfool said:
The software I use is called Diacom from Rinda Technologies. They have interfaces for almost every marine product out there (including PCM, Mercury, Marine Power, Seven Marine, and many others). Looking at their site, I see that the adapter used on Marine Power is the same used on PCM so the plugs are exactly the same. The two pictures I'm posting is where the plug sits normally and then lifted up for access. It requires a laptop. They do sell a handheld unit but it is nowhere near as useful. The information you can pull is amazing.

Hello,
Thank you very much! Just saw the other wire entering it..did not know what to make of it!
Thanks again!
Appreciate it
Eastbay
 
Swamphunter45 was actually asking digginfool to post a photo of the port and info on the software. He just shortened the name to fool..... it was not directed at you EastBay! :salute:


EastBay said:
SWAMPHUNTER45 said:
Fool if you get time one day could you post a pic of the port and the scan tool you use to read it please.

Do you scan from a hand held device or a laptop and do you need special software ?

Hey! I am not an Idiot! Probably have blueprinted more engines than you can imagine! Just asking about port location. Do not say fool...i have followed many of your responses....thought you are a okay...righteous guy!
Come slide the Apalachicola River and the other rivers.
Eastbay
 
EastBay said:
digginfool said:
The software I use is called Diacom from Rinda Technologies. They have interfaces for almost every marine product out there (including PCM, Mercury, Marine Power, Seven Marine, and many others). Looking at their site, I see that the adapter used on Marine Power is the same used on PCM so the plugs are exactly the same. The two pictures I'm posting is where the plug sits normally and then lifted up for access. It requires a laptop. They do sell a handheld unit but it is nowhere near as useful. The information you can pull is amazing.

Hello,
Thank you very much! Just saw the other wire entering it..did not know what to make of it!
Thanks again!
Appreciate it
Eastbay

The 'wire' coming out of it is just there so you don't lose the dust cap. It doesn't have any other purpose. Good luck! And, as kwan said, swamp always calls me fool, short for digginfool. There are others that call me diggin. And then there are those that call me azzhole. :lol: :lol:
 
Hello,
Thanks guys...I must be getting testy...have not had a chance to be on the water...since I got back to the Panhandle! Sorry Swamphunter45!
 
Thanks for the great info Greg that should prove to be very useful for others to learn and point them in the right direction. Sounds like the system going into the limp mode and having the upgraded pistons was a blessing with the lean condition.

EB apology accepted.
 
Back
Top