• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

first boat

hey guys, been reading on this forum for about a year or so trying to decide what kind of boat to buy for my first boat, mostly duck hunt and deer hunt and have always ran surface drive duck boats. Ive been riding a good bit with a good friend of mine that has a 14 ft seminole hull with a 350 with rotator gearbox and 3 blade prop. his boat runs dry really well and i was mainly wanting a boat that will run dry with a good load, more than i was worried about speed. The boat i bought is a 2012 14'8" jimmy white hull
with polymer on bottom, .40 over 350 with a good bit of work done, rotator gearbox, and 80 inch 3 blade whirlwind prop. boat runs dry with 4 guys easy, so far its working out great for me, in the process of getting it camoed up, ill post pics as i begin the project. Im down in south georgia, and ride lake seminole a good bit, and some of the north florida lakes and rivers also.
873b5ba725271358fe24819f1c64f605.jpg
adc3e06f2c8bd3f7f02ccfbcf795a3f7.jpg
5539861e085a479717043a08fbadd8a2.jpg

That used to belong to a guy here in Clewiston. I've rode with that boat all over lake Okeechobee and all over lake Kissimmee. That engine was built right and should last you a good while as long as you take care of it. The hull is pretty heavy but that motor will pretty much push you wherever you wanna go. Now that you have gotten your first boat, you're probably going to be hooked! :lol: Goodluck and enjoy it!

justin m said:
That used to belong to a guy here in Clewiston. I've rode with that boat all over lake Okeechobee and all over lake Kissimmee. That engine was built right and should last you a good while as long as you take care of it. The hull is pretty heavy but that motor will pretty much push you wherever you wanna go. Now that you have gotten your first boat, you're probably going to be hooked! :lol: Goodluck and enjoy it!

yea i bought it from a guy named jessi brown! im hooked already its awesome!

Welcome to the fun. I ride Seminole quite a bit. We'll have to meet up and ride out this spring. Gonna plan a ride soon as it warms up. I'll be bringing a few boats down with me

Back