• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in, send request for help to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

GITSU 8 CYL

airboat4fun

and this seems more like a soap opera, I can see it now...

and the winner for best on-line redneck drama is "As the propellor turns"

Waterthunder

cntry141iq":1es1zojt said:
Now so ya'll wont say I am all talk and no go .. here is the deal ... I will run my boat weighing 2000 lbs against any other 2000 lb boat of the same width and length on a course at least 1 mile long across dry ground,

It's starting to sound like PINKS already or like what I heard for 15 years street racing all over the East Coast. It should be another ride boat with in reason. I'm sooooooooo tired of when ever somebody races they want the boat or car to be exactly like theirs. You guy's watch too much Winston Cup oops I mean Nextel Cup! The Predator guy's like A/C motors and CT141 likes car motors they both work on different principles and there is no way it could possibly be construed as fair if the A/C boat had to weigh what the car motor boat does. Someone with a 300HP motor shouldn't be forced to carry the same weight as a 500HP motor. The race should be between a A/C ride boat and a car motor ride boat just because CT141 likes a larger heavier boat the A/C guy's shouldn't be punished. I would have loved to enter this myself but I ain't adding 500 or so pounds to my boat because I built my boat the to be what I wanted. It's the old well you got bigger tires give me two or you got a BBC give me five or you got two stages of N2O SO give me six or the dreaded I drive my car to work everyday so give me a ten car head start. You both built your boat for what you wanted so don't regulate the other guy to run what you run! You should race heads up now that's racing!

blackpowderscout

Waterthunder":2ds73uig said:
cntry141iq":2ds73uig said:
Now so ya'll wont say I am all talk and no go .. here is the deal ... I will run my boat weighing 2000 lbs against any other 2000 lb boat of the same width and length on a course at least 1 mile long across dry ground,

It's starting to sound like PINKS already or like what I heard for 15 years street racing all over the East Coast. It should be another ride boat with in reason. I'm sooooooooo tired of when ever somebody races they want the boat or car to be exactly like theirs. You guy's watch too much Winston Cup oops I mean Nextel Cup! The Predator guy's like A/C motors and CT141 likes car motors they both work on different principles and there is no way it could possibly be construed as fair if the A/C boat had to weigh what the car motor boat does. Someone with a 300HP motor shouldn't be forced to carry the same weight as a 500HP motor. The race should be between a A/C ride boat and a car motor ride boat just because CT141 likes a larger heavier boat the A/C guy's shouldn't be punished. I would have loved to enter this myself but I ain't adding 500 or so pounds to my boat because I built my boat the to be what I wanted. It's the old well you got bigger tires give me two or you got a BBC give me five or you got two stages of N2O SO give me six or the dreaded I drive my car to work everyday so give me a ten car head start. You both built your boat for what you wanted so don't regulate the other guy to run what you run! You should race heads up now that's racing!

Right on!!!

Adam

Olf Art

Silent Prop
R. I. P.
BuckThruster, this kind of stuff can be edited for a half hour show ..... they can show Cntry showin up later.

olf

Waterthunder

Some people think my boat ran good in the water on the hill it was like taking a Howitzer to a knife fight. It's all HP to weight, driver skills and pounds per square inch on the surface area of the hull. There is also a balance of hull area to weight. I will admit the hill is as much driver as it is boat I have been places with a 90HP Lycoming that most people can't run with a O540. I would love to watch this match up.

dblj006

Waterthunder":1jee79a9 said:
It's all HP to weight, driver skills and pounds per square inch on the surface area of the hull. There is also a balance of hull area to weight. I will admit the hill is as much driver as it is boat I have been places with a 90HP Lycoming that most people can't run with a O540. I would love to watch this match up.

Right on ! Line em up and run!

plumcrazy

im about to go crazy trying to figure wt to hp ratios ijust broke my calculator against the wall !!! because ijust realize every body lies about horse power and especially about there weight

cowboy

Wow!
Yeah,
I would think a heads up race would'nt be too much for the GREATEST AIRBOATER EVER to handle!

What? It's gonna be a raggetty old A/C engine?
Go GETT'EM BIG DOG.

Yeah,
No problem Country.
I knew you'd like that! Glad it made you happy. YOUR THE GREATEST!

You've spent over two years that I can remember telling how quiet, powerful, perfectly sanitary, and awesome your boat is.
It makes no sound polution.
No light pollution.
Makes no trails
Goes where most mortal airboaters fear to tread.
Does it burning less gas, and dragging poor misguided A/C airboats and occupants too.

That's just the boat!

You have operated under every concievable boating conditions, and been everywhere, done everything. Done it More times, and better than everybody else.
Didn't get the t-shirts, cause I know you don't use'em.

I know you've labored long and hard at your keyboard these past two years trying to tell me this, but I've got a thick skull.

You sure have worked hard to convince me that your the GREATEST AIRBOATER EVER. It finally sank in. Why? I don't know. Perhaps it's because YOUR THE GREATEST! just guessing. I could be wrong.

Sure am happy to give you my approval big dog. Your the man. YOU REALLY ARE.
I know now that that's why you airboat, why you toot your own horn so much, why you gotta make sure everyone knows YOUR THE GREATEST AIRBOATER EVER!

If it makes you happy, well then I'm happy.
YOUR THE G.A.E! EVER!
I just love Happy Happy smil'in faces, just like I am now! :p
I just love it!

I know you'll forgive my delayed responses "it's been a busy week", as well as my past, present, and future insolent outbursts. Why? Cause....well..... you know...... cause YOUR THE GREATEST!

I hope you win the race GREAT ONE. I sure do. Why? Cause I think your the greatest, coolest, awesomest airboater EVER!

GO GET'TEM G.A.E! GO GET'TEM!

I'm root'in for you!
Why?
CauseYour the ROOT'IN TOOT'INIST - FROGCHUTE'INIST AIRBOATER who ever enegized a starter soleniod at any landing, anwhere. EVER!

In insignificant airboater such as myself has got to have a hero BIG DOG!
Your the man!
Don't worry yourself none about me Country. I don't require any mantenance, gratitude, or approval from anyone, so no action is really required. Just keep on resting easy knowing that I think Your the GREATEST AIRBOATER EVER.

Go gettem!
GO- COUNTRY -GO.

FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW............
FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW.............
FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOOOOOW!

haaaaaaaaaaaa

PredatorI0540

I want to inform everyone, that I have no hard feelings to Cntry in anyway. Cntry, let me know when your ready, I prefer it to be later so I can see it. My new boat should ne done in about 4-6weeks. So after then is good!

dblj006

cowboy":2e7krtxa said:
CauseYour the ROOT'IN TOOT'INIST - FROGCHUTE'INIST AIRBOATER who ever enegized a starter soleniod at any landing, anwhere. EVER!

haaaaaaaaaaaa

HAHAHAHA

goldhunter_2

now when i first checked this thread I had the mistaken idea it was about the 8 cyl continental motor who knows what other good threads I have missed :lol: :lol:

ya'll make sure we know when and where this event will be as we have watched this soap opera unfold I have to see final show :lol:

blackpowderscout

cntry141iq":14nlks56 said:
I wasn't asking the predator to race because I knew it didn't fit the bill but it was thrown up there so make it fit the bill I laid out and I will do it, plain and simple

cntry141iq":14nlks56 said:
So bring that ole predator on boys show this ole timer what it has. oh crap its too narrow and too short and probably too light but no worries on the weight we can add ballast to make them weigh 2000 pounds,

Sure sounds like a direct challenge to me... :p

At first I thought the equal weight thing was ok but the more I thought about it the more I realized that in fact that was your crutch of sorts, to be quite blunt. I think you know that few if any aircraft guys are going to rush out and add hundreds of pounds of weight to their boats to race you in an handicap match vs. your boat that even you say was designed to do what you do...carry tons of weight. This thread went haywire when the old car motor vs. aircraft debate reared it's ugly head again and I believe that you were directing your challenge at the aircraft guys. I could be wrong and lord know's it ain't the first time nor the last. That's just how I see it. It's your challenge and I ain't trying to tell you how to run it.....but.

We agree on a lot of things and this is one that we don't so I know there are no ill feelings toward either of us....

Adam

blackpowderscout

Oh yeah, almost forgot.....Red...there is a picture of an 8cyl Continental on airboattrader...I'll have to try and remember where exactly.

Adam