• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in, send request for help to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

GITSU 8 CYL

Hellyeah

Y'all crack me up. I'm definitely going to be there on the 17th. I wouldn't miss it for nothing..lol..

rick

Administrator
Hope this ain't "off topic". :)

My brother-in-law used to run a JC Stanley 8 cyl. w/dual mags & 520 gtsio jugs years ago. It was a heck of a motor for a 14' Alumitech. That motor had TWO mags like the ONE I run on my H2AD, which is a dual mag that runs on a single drive resulting in 8 plug wires per mag.

There was no comparison between that 8 cyl. and the standard 8 cyl. gpu with single plug 470 jugs. I remember seeing JC & gang at BS Hill years ago racing those little BADA$$ hill racers with one...man I miss those Sat. nights on BS Hill.

I'm not positive, but I thought the standard 8 cyl. gpu came with (2) four wire mags.

This thread has been "off topic" as you know what, but it has definitely been entertaining.

Rick

goldhunter_2

rick no I think your back on topic :D

does your Brother in law still run that boat? think he would let a fellow go for a ride and look that engine over some?

Dakota

That boat you were talking about country was George's boat. He is the kids that works with Safari Rick. That boat was damn good and I was impressed with how he ran. He followed us all the way.

You were hauling butt across that field and you had more throttle left but the passengers in the front were for sure a little scared. I had fun and would not trade it for anything in the world. Would love to take another ride like that.

Love you country and no matter what other people say, you are the hero. :)

rick

Administrator
No goldhunter, he sold that boat years ago. His kids grew up & moved out so now he runs a little 4 cyl. like me these days. He ran it about 5 yrs though and it was just as dependable as any other airboat we ran with.

Also forgot to mention, he had a Holley 780 on it & turned a 78x40 wood paddle prop. Can't remember the exact rpm's he turned it, but we wouldn't have hung around anything turning less than 2800-2900 in those days...weren't no houses where we ran. :)

Rick

John Fenner

Reviving old threads, the answer is no, they are built in a shop, GTSIO-520 cylinders to fit a gpu machined case, which has no gearbox, or turbocharger, is how it is done, those cylinder heads flow terribly for a carb application as they were designed for forced induction and injection.

Bamasoflorunner

John, is there any port polishing work that can help the flow or is it just design application issue as stated? That was another route I was considering for my av 470.

John Fenner

Believe it or not, the PE150/220 heads flowed the best.
Now, the O-470 angle valve ports can use a bit of massaging, knock down the bosses for the guides, helps a bit.