• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Good Eats

Florida Cracker

Headed offshore this morning with one of my sons. Had picked up some frozen sardines and was going to power drift some structure. While my son dropped sardines, I jigged with a chartruse and red Red Tail Hawk. We caught several small AJ's, runners, a jack cravelle, a rainbow runner, and a nice Cobia. The cobia was caught on the Red Tail Hawk.

MG1-112-27-07014.jpg

Not long after we set up and had a released a fish or two, a dive boat (The Blue Tang) decided it wanted to be where we were. They sat just outside us until I caught the Cobia and then they determined it was time for them to put their divers in. After putting the divers in, they said they were going to drift through. Not so much. The divers stayed right on our spot the entire time they were down. We had to continually relocate to avoid possibly hurting them. It was rather frustrating. Had they been there before us, I would not have fished there. I guess it doesn't work both ways.

MG1-112-27-07004.jpg

Anyway a good time was had with my son. And some good eats will soon be had.

John

Florida Cracker":2r01y1tm said:
We had to continually relocate to avoid possibly hurting them. It was rather frustrating. Had they been there before us, I would not have fished there. I guess it doesn't work both ways.
John

It's good that you and your son had a good time.

I would have filed a formal complaint with the US Coast Guard as well as GFC. Should something bad had happened, I wonder just how quick the Captain of the other vessel whould have been to accept responsibility.

I undertsand that the waters are everyones to share, but to intentionally move so close as to create an unsafe situation is total BS. I'm a SCUBA diver and know better than to intentionally get close to another boat, fishing or not.

Nice!

Looks to me like your a real good guy John.
In the marsh, or offshore.

Glad you had a good day.

FC, I don't know you, but my hat's off to you. Lesser men would have resorted to less gentlemanly behavior, so you have to be a heck of a guy. That's a nice Ling and I hope you catch many more. :D

Back