• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Head cooling

fatboy0054

Hey gentleman Going to install lines from the back of the heads to the front of my engine ! Already read most everthing on it ! Just to balance the heat between holes trying to improved the temps on the backholes ! Sort of confused on where to plum them up front ! Some say low pressure side some say high ! I figure suctoin side , some say above the themo ! Just to give yall something to think about ! I know the 400 sb in the middle ! But my cad a little different !thanks for any : input ! :D

Tom, they tell me that if you can keep them heads cool those ol' Caddys will run forever ..... :D .

i believe potter puts the line to the t-stat, but i could be wrong, maddog (ruagtr) has the lines off the rear or his heads, maybe he can chime in.

most put them on the number one cylinder side just below the thermostat housing,there is a good picture of one plumed on the cadillac power site fatboy0054 ,under the thread just got my engine from the machine shop. it could be a little different on the thread name but the poster was andyv.

The folks at cadillacpower.com and ruagatr invited us to their site some time ago. I took them up on it yesterday. I posted this question and have been geting some responces and pictures. Looks like I will try this on my new and improved Caddy when I get it back. Check this site out. Go to Hardcore and look for the post "Head Cooling"

http://www.cadillacpower.com/forum/

KJC

I BEEN ON THAT SITE FOR A WHILE ! I SEEN ANDYS SET UP ! BUT SEEN TOO MORE SET S THAT ARE DIFFERENT ! JUST GETTING DUCKS IN A ROW! THANKS YALL !

I am waiting for the rest of my parts to come in from Potter. I have my gear box a 2.38:1 from Waterthunder, my new K series 3 blade prop from Sensenich and my new cam from Potter. I hope to get the rest this week and start. I am like a kid at Christmas, I CAN'T WAIT. My only concern is that I have to move my motor/seat stand forward about 12" I think. This will put the new prop about four inches off the transom. In other post they say a beer can length and others say a couple of inches.

Can someone tell me the minimum safe distance off the transom or cage?

Thanks
KJC

3 inches is plenty of room. I got all they way down to a 1/4 inch on a race boat before the prop had to self clearance itself. I would shoot for 3 incase your transom flex's some. The further back you get your motor the better. I bet now with that bad Caddy and all that thrust your boat will ride on the noose at high speeds. People will tell you having the prop that close will loose thrust but your boat will run better if you slide that motor back. After you get it running you will probably have to jack up the rear of the motor atleast a 1/2 inch and play with some hull jacks to get her loose and off the nose. When you add that much more thrust this happens every time just ask Sniper.

Yep Thunder is right the first time I took my boat out and gased it I got something I did not expect but its all squaired away now thanks to thunder I did work with the hull jacks and shimed the motor up in the back and took some pitch out of the prop but the boat rides real good now oh and I took all the trim out of the back also.

Back