• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in, send request for help to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

NEED 0-470 INPUT. HELP!

paulj

RECENTLY, A CLOSE FRIEND AQUIRED AN IO-470-S. THE ENGINE STILL HAD ALL THE AIRCRAFT GOO-GOO ON IT EXCEPT FOR A COUPLE OF ITEMS WE NEED. AFTER LOOKING AT MY BROTHERS MOTOR WHICH IS THE SAME. THE MOTOR MOUNTS HAVE A NUT THAT IS SHAPED LIKE A PIECE OF COLD ROLL, CUT IN HALF AND THREADED TO ACCEPT THE MOUNTING BOLTS. WHERE IN THE WORLD DO YOU FIND THESE ODDITIES? ALSO MOST OF THE INTAKE SYSTEM IS MISSING. FRONT TWO CORNERS, THE "Y" FOR THE CARB, REAR CROSSOVER, AND RIGHT REAR UNDER JUG PIECE. I NEED SUGGESTIONS , PLEASE. HE HAS BEEN TRYING FOR A BOAT OVER 20 YEARS, ALWAYS THERE TO HELP, TRULLY ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT REALLY DESERVES A HELPING HAND AND I WANT TO DO ALL I CAN TO HELP. I ALREADY GAVE HIM MY OLD HULL AND A TRAILER, BUT I NEED MORE. POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. I'M STILL GREEN WITH THESE CONTINENTALS, BUT I'M LEARNING. BE PATIENT WITH ME, I'LL BE ASKING A LOT OF QUESTIONS SOON. THANKS EVERYONE IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP. OH. AND I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS. AFTER ANOTHER P.E.T. SCAN THIS WEEK, MY PRIMARY SOURCE IS STILL UNDETERMINED, BUT MY CANCER AT THE MOMENT IS IN REMISSION. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WORDS AND PRAYERS. PAUL LAWRENCE

John Fenner

Don Davis has the intake parts you need, and if the planets are aligned he should have the engine mount dowels you need, if not I have made them from scratch and can build some and send them your way.
Davis Racing Inc, (305) 246-4702, 23120 SW 172 ave Miami Fl 33170 easiest way to his place is Tamiami Trail to Krome Ave, Krome Southbound to SW 232 st east 5 blocks to the dirt road on left second house, shop in back.

twister69z

I have plenty of the barrel nuts you need. Sorry I don't have the intake elbows or inlet for the carburetor I am sure they are being made by someone in Florida they have some of the best fabricators with aluminum.Pm me your address and I will send you 4 of the barrel nuts.
Twister69z

twister69z

Ok got your address do you need a copy of the overhaul manual and parts manual for the O-470? I can send you a PDF copy if you also send me your e-mail address.
Twister69z