• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

New to airboats - Looking for a fisher

Bronc66

Very green to air boating. I have much boating experience, but I know airboats are a different beast. Anyway, I am looking for a set up to fish from. Saltwater mostly. I'd like to have the ability to carry 4 people. I am not worried about running dry, but need to have the power to get off a mud flat if need be.

Looking for some insight on what hulls/set-ups are best for fishing. Nothing fancy, just reliable.

If anyone is selling or planning on selling, please feel free to reach out. Any info is much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

-Austin

I fish south of you, waccasassa bay area.

My personal opinion is a 14x8 high sided Aluminum hull, stainless rigging and at least 400hp. I also prefer an open hull with walkboards to deckover for fishing.

I have a 14x7-6 Alumitec with a front driver and double rear stainless rigging and cage. Have about an vortex 6.0 400-425 hp with a 2.55 oxbox and 3 blade R. Loaded for fishing with 3 people it will go most places I need to go and some I shouldn't.

Currently building a rigging - 2 singles rear driver with a double front as my granddaughter loves to fish and I am not comfortable with her being behind me. However this is out of necessity for safety

I will say that fish with 4 people on an airboat is tricky lol.

To me anything bigger than 15' needsa bit more hp or a BBC.

Thanks Gator. I'll keep that all that in mind esp. the rear seat as I will be toting youngens around as well.

I fish south of you, waccasassa bay area.

My personal opinion is a 14x8 high sided Aluminum hull, stainless rigging and at least 400hp. I also prefer an open hull with walkboards to deckover for fishing.

I have a 14x7-6 Alumitec with a front driver and double rear stainless rigging and cage. Have about an vortex 6.0 400-425 hp with a 2.55 oxbox and 3 blade R. Loaded for fishing with 3 people it will go most places I need to go and some I shouldn't.

Currently building a rigging - 2 singles rear driver with a double front as my granddaughter loves to fish and I am not comfortable with her being behind me. However this is out of necessity for safety

I will say that fish with 4 people on an airboat is tricky lol.

To me anything bigger than 15' needsa bit more hp or a BBC.
Good info. I’m in Tallahassee. I’m looking for my first boat. I want to get to some of the areas you mentioned.

I have an 18X8 hull with a 425 HP 454 CID motor, with a 2:1 reduction belt drive.
The boat was built in ‘06, and is stiii doing fine now.
Fishing four out of it isn’t a problem, and throughout it‘s entire life the boat has been run in salt water.

2CB9D187-D3EF-4BF3-9252-974A0B46D984.jpeg

Very green to air boating. I have much boating experience, but I know airboats are a different beast. Anyway, I am looking for a set up to fish from. Saltwater mostly. I'd like to have the ability to carry 4 people. I am not worried about running dry, but need to have the power to get off a mud flat if need be.

Looking for some insight on what hulls/set-ups are best for fishing. Nothing fancy, just reliable.

If anyone is selling or planning on selling, please feel free to reach out. Any info is much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

-Austin
Hello! This is Judy from Scorpion Airboats and we fish in the area you are talking about. Dallus Creek, Pepperfish. We are close to you so we offer a day trip fishing if you would like to feel what a sled is in salt water. We LOVE our boats and it fishes easy in these areas.

Attachments

• FDB8DBE9-0899-461D-9013-6D5165655D6E.jpeg
    FDB8DBE9-0899-461D-9013-6D5165655D6E.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 13
Back