• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

next big event in Texas

Bruce said:
that vid shows a waste of a good sheet of poly
X/2 werk on a boat 20 hrs fukitup in 2 then go bak werk on 20 fuk up in / 2 gee someone please xplain the sanity of that, personally i think all terain buggys would handle those conditions with minimal repair , but to each his own and i for damn sure will not critise, that being said if u want to cruise and slide at 30-40 mph then u need shallow slick water as in airboat water , a 4x4 pikup would manage that course with less damage.

x3 If I got drunk enough to do that to my boat I sure would not want anyone to film it, too much trouble replacing poly.When the Brazos is running it is a beautiful river to run. To each their own.

Candy asses! :D

That was 200 miles into a 400+ mile 4 day run to the coast.

To each there own but my Air Ranger is still going strong on the 1/2" poly installed after that video and yes I'll do it again.

Beauty queen boats need not apply.

BB

Brotherbob said:
Candy asses! :D

That was 200 miles into a 400+ mile 4 day run to the coast.

To each there own but my Air Ranger is still going strong on the 1/2" poly installed after that video and yes I'll do it again.

Beauty queen boats need not apply.

BB
I agree with u , its all about what u like to do i dont condem yall for what yall enjoy doing, however i would not recomend taking a good running airboat that performs well in a airboat environment and run it through that bottom gashing destructing crap and turn around and expect it to perform worth a crap in a airboat environment, i picked up on earlier that speed means nothing to yall and i can see why, ive fixed many bottoms on aluminum boats and i can safely sAy that most folks start paying more attention after the rebuild and avoid as much damage as they possibly can

To the Florida responders, it is true you do have some of the most beautiful waters for airboating in the country, nobody will argue with that but being that we Texas boys are 1000+ miles away from those waters we have to make the best of what we have. We do not take our boats up and down the Brazos river to see if we can tear them up...we do it for the adventure, and what an adventure it is. Yes our boats are built big and deep, but that is because we have to run deep and usually swift water here in the great Lone Star state.

I have personally taken my boat to the glades, lake Kissimmee, and big cypress in the past few years and I agree there is no need for a boat my size down your way, but here in Texas we do not have the luxury of much skinny water. My boat is a 15x8 saltwater series GTO and mine is considered the baby down our way.

BrotherBob, keeping whipping the rivers ass, my philosophy is like yours... you only live once, and it's not always about the destination but the journey getting there.

We'll see all the gang again at the BRAB memorial day run
:texas:

KO

BrotherBob has an Uncle that ran from Lake Posum Kingdom all they way down the Brazos river to the Gulf of Mexico in a home built airboat... BrotherBob did it 30 years later in the SHO NUF... Giddee Up!!! :dontknow:

I'd love to see 'em all run & the Marlin Run on Memorial Day weekend would be the one to come too... a lot of great folks having a good time. :thumbleft:

[youtube]wII-cH68fwQ[/youtube]

BB I think that it is neat that you all made that run again That the old-timers made , Just doing what they said could not be done is the true airboat spirt.
For some of you others out there The Brazos is not all Rocks and LARGE Rocks as( Chaseh stated. )
http://youtu.be/8GAg_AjzwUY
http://youtu.be/bY2LxFrVeJs
http://youtu.be/O2vT8cauAPg
just a few videos
Quack you might want to fix them Thanks
Man I sure would like to look at some of those Airboats (note to BB if I Find One Can I Blame You ?

Hey hey hey! I just said I wasn't scared to run it. I love the brazos and all its gravel and sand having beauty. But say it dont have any rocks that will ruin a hull and ill call you a liar and show you my transom. I want folks to know what its like. Most of yall have WAY more invested in your boats than I do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Chaseh said:
Hey hey hey! I just said I wasn't scared to run it. I love the brazos and all its gravel and sand having beauty. But say it dont have any rocks that will ruin a hull and ill call you a liar and show you my transom. I want folks to know what its like. Most of yall have WAY more invested in your boats than I do.

I am saying that Chaseh knows how to and where to run and he proves that it can be done without poly.I do not like tearing stuff up but want to be able to carry a Ton of Junk and still go where I want to.
Happy New Year.

No way no how would I run my boat through those rocks. The fuel bill alone on my boat is enough, not to add in a new sheet of poly. I am fine cruising the coastline.

Brotherbob said:
KC5AKB said:
Count Me in BB
Always like looking at boats.

Like to meet new folks who knows I might find me a 2nd Airboat :violent1: :arrow: :stirpot: :texas:
Come on down To the Brazos the water is great.
Last time you got a second air boat your wife called me and said "I hope my next husband likes air boats" :banghead: :toothy7:
Now that she knows you are a bad influence on me it is easy
For You To Help Talk Me into One of THOSE Flashey Rides
I think I heard you say get it in the Color's that she Likes :thumbleft:
A ride boat and a Tank sounds like a good IDEA ( BB ) never
Know when we all might need a extra one LiltimeTx told her he would
Teach her how to drive a airboat in Marlin a couple of years ago.
Just a thought what are friends for.? :texas:
Those Dyna Marine boats are really slick and have great design elements, can't wait to see one on the Brazos.

BB

im not shure but I don't believe I will do that to my boat I got tangeled up in some big rocks, rapids in LaGrange dam near swamped my boat brother did and its a outboard jet drive not near as bad as some of the vidoes ive seen :slap:

Jim, marlin to waco isn't bad at all. Bring ya boat up- you'll be fine. And glad ya did

The Brazos Memorial Day Run is the best, not to mention some of the friendliest folks you will ever meet, this I can promise you, if you do run into any kind of trouble there are dozens of great mechanics and builders on the ride, nobody will ever be left behind.

KO

All these folks living on the river in their big fancy running boats and I've only seen 2 running since duck season! Wth?? I'm ready to get together with everybody

ill come run with wouldnt mind seein the rocks just not up close and personal, justa stone throw up 35 I have a lot of family in marlin and resil.
then ill talk u into rockport we can run dry to camp I think maybe i think i can i think i can :bounce:

Back