• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in, send request for help to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

oceanpoly opinion

blinker

has any one had first hand experience with ocean poly on an alum boat in north fla? It just makes a lot of sense not to drill a lot of holes in a boat. I was wondering about longevity and wear ratio comparied to other polys.?

blinker

The holes aren't a big deal. My fiberglass boat used to have poly, and then all the holes were glassed over when the hull bottom was re-done WITHOUT poly. Something cracked up and one of the holes totally opened up. 1/4" hole you could see daylight thru when you did a banking turn. It made a little fountain in the bottom of the boat, about 2 or 3 inches tall. Water came in at such a slow rate, it took forever for it to fill up enough so the bilge pump could pump it out. I was scared at first when I saw it, and then realized it may have been there for several trips out. So I shared your same fear about holes in a hull, and discovered it to be a real yawner when it actually happened.

I pulled the boat up on a log so I could get at the bottom, I ended up just putting a pan-head screw w/rubber washer in there. Problem solved. Next time I've got the boat on the trailer, I'll glass it. (If I even bother to remember!)

matt.
For future reference I have OceaPoly installer in Vero Beach Florida, also we are working with Outlaw Airboats and DynaMarine Performance Airboats, installing OceaPoly on new build boats.
New OEM boat builders coming soon

web page is : ww.oceapoly.com

If you have any questions give me a call.
Thanks
Bruce Linker
269-214-6587