• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in, send request for help to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Oceapoly

radtech

Pricing for OceaPoly
Ballpark for radtech, Bonaire, GA

1/4” - 14’ X 8’ = 112 sq.ft. - Price: $3,694 w/o labor
3/8” - 14’ X 8’ = 112 sq.ft. - Price: $4,315 w/o labor

My closest installer is:

Faucheux Services
17543 Hwy 182 w
Baldwin, LA 70574
Give me a call, I would like to know more about your boat.

Thanks
Bruce Linker
bruce@linktech-inc.com
oceapoly.com
Cell: 269-214-6587
That may be a little above my budget, but we will see. I'll give you a call next week. Just starting my work week tonight. My hull is a brand new one I had built by Jason Cochran. It is 14' x 8' 1/4" for some reason. I would assume just about anywhere in FL would be closer to me than LA. I still may be interested in purchasing 3/8 poly and the stuff to do it myself if I can't afford the install. I hope we can make it happen as I've been out of a boat for 3 1/2 years and I would love to do bonded poly. Thanks for getting back to me, brother!

Tim Taylor

John Fenner

I would like to know the bonding process, this riveting the sheets on is really getting tiresome, gotta wait for the perfect time and temperature to drill it in, clean it all up, countersink it, seal the hull, line it back up, wait till it conforms to temperature and rivet it on once help shows up "if' they show up.

blinker

John

Enclosed is Dyna Marines process for installation. He has included good photos on Facebook. I have also enclosed our general bonding process.

You can also see a video of the process on our web page. www.oceapoly.com.

The reason OceaPoly last 4 times longer the mechanecal fastened polymer is:

1. We only use riverts or bolts to bend the OceaPoly around the radious sides of the hull.

2. OceaPoly does not expand or contract when hot or cold. Our bond strength is 1058 per. sq. in.

3. The Kevlar fiberglass fabric, enbedded into the UHMW with a coating of vinyl ester resin, along with the Plexus MA 590 adhesive greatly increases stiffess the hull. Plexus MA 590 adhesive has an elongation facture of over 100%.

4. When the OceaPoly become thin due to abrasion you can easyly remove just the thin sections of the polymer with coarse grit sand blasting media.

Give me a call with any questions.

Thanks
Bruce Linker

LinkTech Inc.
59648 M 43Hwy
Bangor, Michigan 49013
bruce@linktech-inc.com
269-214-6587

https://www.facebook.com/Dynamarine...2RbqL1osq7iXSwQ8Z7YWxkCdQVcxXov&__tn__=<<,P-R

Dynamarine Performance Boats

Sesooptdrn09mS0l0mtgec1692 cal8b071pce28h12u96e7r4u,2ml0t6t ·

Here’s a look into how we bond OceaPoly to our USCG Ice Rescue Airboat hulls Part 1!
Step 1: Grind the hull surface completely with 36grit and wipe down with acetone to remove any grind dust. Ensure the surface is completely dry.
Step 2: Etch the hull surface with PC120 primer/conditioner (red etching liquid). We use a pump style chemical spray gun to lightly mist the surface.
Step 3: Apply vinyl water resin to the cloth side of the OceaPoly, just enough to saturate skimming off any excess.
Step 4: Apply the Plexus MA590 epoxy to both the hull surface and the OceaPoly. Light coat using an 1/8” serrated trowel.
Step 4: Carefully pay the OceaPoly onto the hull. We suggest laying one edge down at a time and working towards the opposite edge to avoid air bubbles. We utilize a few bolts to secure the edge. 1 to help hold in place while we get it under vacuum and 2 it’s a nice secondary fastener. We use nylon washers on the under side to act as a spacer and keep from squishing out the epoxy on the radius surface once under vacuum.
Step 5: Time to vacuum bag! Use yellow sealant tape to create a border around your OceaPoly. Appy breather cloth to the sheet of OceaPoly and then lay peel ply around the edges. Once that’s done lay a sheet of bagging film over the part your bagging and carefully seal the edges against the sealant tape working out any creases where air might leak. Apply vacuum and wait 8hrs before releasing vacuum.
Ensure you’re in a minimum of 75-degree shop so the product properly cures.
If you’re needing new polymer on your airboat, we highly recommend this product.
Stay tuned for Part 2!

Attachments

• Lamination Process 2.16.14 (2).pdf
    197.4 KB · Views: 10

blinker

Do you have an installer in the middle GA area? I have a 14x8 (actually 8ft 1/4" wide on bottom) and live in Bonaire, GA I would like to look into getting done if it isn't above my budget
Checking in to see if you have any questions.
Thanks
BLinker

radtech

Checking in to see if you have any questions.
Thanks
BLinker
Yeah, sorry, it's been a rough couple weeks. Are there any installers in the FL area? I would think that would be closer to me that LA. other than that, essentially getting a nailed down quote on price is about all I require. Shuffling some financial issues around to get everything in line to finish my rebuild, but I'll be ready to make a decision and get going before much longer. Thanks for reaching out, brother!

blinker

radtech
The Florida location is in Vero Beach. I'll get you a quote shortly.

Thanks
Bruce Linker
LinkTech Inc.
59648 M 43 Hwy
Bangor, MI 49013
269-214-6587

radtech

radtech
The Florida location is in Vero Beach. I'll get you a quote shortly.

Thanks
Bruce Linker
LinkTech Inc.
59648 M 43 Hwy
Bangor, MI 49013
269-214-6587
Well, the distance is doable. Vero is only 6 1/2 hrs from me. I will give you a shout tomorrow. Been a really long day. I'm off tomorrow, so it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks a lot!