• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

OMG, I think that the Limpkins are back

newoldglory

As I wrap up my night, I hear the cry of what I think is a Limpkin. They never shut up. It seems early for them but :slap: . Did some one say that they are good eating? I can't count on that. Some one said that the Muscovy Ducks were good eating. BS. I tried them 40 years ago and they are no better today than they were back then. Even the educated idiot could not eat it. :violent1: (he's educated now).

:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel:

I don't know there a popular food duck. I do know people say wild hogs are no good they just don't know how to process them and cook them.
Now I never eaten them But maybe you just don't like duck. Ducks are not my favorite there edible but Doves quale snipe there good. So maybe you like the Limpkins But I lean on the side of fixing it for guest first. SEE IF MIKEY LIKES IT, first

They don't look like there's enough meat on them to even try. :wink: Besides, from what I've seen, they're probably full of sheet more than anything. :lol:

terrible ted said:
I don't know there a popular food duck. I do know people say wild hogs are no good they just don't know how to process them and cook them.
Now I never eaten them But maybe you just don't like duck. Ducks are not my favorite there edible but Doves quale snipe there good. So maybe you like the Limpkins But I lean on the side of fixing it for guest first. SEE IF MIKEY LIKES IT, first
The Pecan ducks (white ones) are the only ones that I like. The rest are gator food. I only harvest for food so maybe the Limpkins are safe for now. :scratch: Time will tell.

Limpkins were hunted almost to extinction for food, if that tells you anything. Now they are a species of special concern, according to the FWC.

Here is a great example of contrasting opinions!

Freaking AUDUBON claims Limpkins have only made a "fair" recovery since early 20th century hunting pressure. Reporting the population is "probably declining."

YET

Internation Union for the Conservation of Nature reports the status of the Limpkin as that of a species of "LEAST CONCERN" (IUCN3.1)

Good old Audubon making Doom and Gloom for dollars!

Support documents:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limpkin
http://www.audubon.org/field-guide/bird/limpkin

Back