• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

prop for 0540

emptypockets

If anyone is looking for a prop for a 0540 i would recommend the 72"water walker signature series.Last year I bought a 13ft.cottonmouth with jacobs metal work equipped with a 76"Terminator prop. Boat just didn't perform as expected,considering the motor was a fresh rebuild from a reputable aircraft person.Wes and David Mosser recommended the water walker prop and then helped me locate a prop in mint condition at a very reasonable price. The difference in the two props is like day and night, The Terminator prop would break ground at about 2600 rpms:the water walker prop at 1600rpms. The boat with the water walker prop on has an incredible amount of snap and push,immediate response when i hit the throttle,something i didn't have with the terminator prop.I"m not trying to bad mouth the Terminator,It"s just not the prop for my boat an set up Thanks Wes and David for your help,I hope this may help anyone looking for a prop for a 0540.

I can say good things also about the ww . I switched from a 6 blade warp and was amazed at the push, I am sure the q series would be just as good, all the newer 2 blades are awesome props,

I also had a Terminator on a similar boat and and replaced it with a 3 blade sensenich results were also night and day. The sensenich 3 blade is also a good fit. Great on dry and fast in water.

What a coincidence I to have had a terminator and replaced it with a ww on my I/O 520 night and day between the amount of push and speed there is no comparison between the 2 . Ole Sench has a good thing going as well just havent ran one of theirs yet

SO WHO IN HERE HAS A PROP FOR SALE DONT HELD BACK . LETS HERE WHAT U HAVE IF U WNAT TO SELL IT

thanks empty pockets ill never steer a new airboater wrong, signature series an a 540 is almost as perfect combanation as there is , IMO nothing against any of the prop builders just one airboaters opinion, cant wait to see you run the marsh now

I HAD A 74-34 PADDLE PROP FROM FLA AIRBOAT PROPELLORS ( TIM WAGMAN) ON A 0540 STRAIGHT VALVE 260 COULD TURN IT 2950 TO 3050 SO I WENT WITH A WATER WALKER LONG HUB TO GET A 74 INCH SIGNATURE SERIES. MOST OF THE STRAIGHT VALVES I SEE AND TALK TO WENT WITH THE 72 INCH DID I GO WITH WRONG HUB? SHOULD I HAVE WENT WITH THE MEDIUM HUB? IF I WENT TO THE MEDIUM HUB I COULD PUT MORE PITCH IN IT WHERE AS RIGHT NOW I HAVE IT AT NEUTRAL OR A LITTLE MORE MAYBE A LINE WIDTH OF PITCH IN IT. I HAVE IT ON A PREDATOR HULL WITH MELVIN GLASS STYLE RIGGIN.[/img]

all you will loose with the long hub is some of your snap out of the hole. but runnig the hill will be as good if not better. i have a stright valve with a 74 Q series and it does great on the hill and still has good snap. stick with what you got ..

i am selling both my striaght valve motor and the 74 q series if any one is looking for either. going bigger and badder....

I know them warpdrives are just junk....if you have changed from a warpgetting drive to something else and don't want that warpdrive junk cluttering up your space pm me I might be interested in purchasing the warpdrive junk!

Yeah them warps are real POS's, just clutter up the shop.
I'm gonna declare this national clean out the shop month and in keeping with national COTS month spirit I too would be willing to take them old worthless POS warp props off your hands...........they're real bad for the landfills ya know.
Just proud to do my part for National COTS month.

Back