• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

R Series VS Q Series

josh

Whats the difference? Is there a site that covers all the different blades that sensinich makes?

Are the Q and R series offered in a lef hand rortation for a belt drive?

The "Q" series is 9.5" @ widest point and the "R" is 12-13" @ widest point. Someone told me that the new "R" was an inch wider than the "K" series it took the place of. If any body knows for sure chime in I would like to know for sure. I run a "K" now and would like to go to a 4 blade "R" if I get the Felber Motor.

Yes they are available for the left hand rotation as well as right.

Is the Q not the same as the superwide? I'm getting even more confused! How does the superwide compare to the new R?

Josh,

H- Narrow blade 7.5-8" maybe swept tip

Q- 9.5" wide swept tip

K- 12" wide standard tip

R- 12-13" wide swept tip has taken the place of the "K"

S- Super wide 15" wide swept tip

lil_armond":3vw4vkzt said:
Josh,

H- Narrow blade 7.5-8" maybe swept tip

Q- 9.5" wide swept tip

K- 12" wide standard tip

R- 12-13" wide swept tip has taken the place of the "K"

S- Super wide 15" wide swept tip

Thats what I was looking for. Has anyone here run the R yet?

Thanks

Josh

the Q is designed to run on a direct drive engine(a/c or dd c/m)K,R,S are designed to be ran on some type on reduction drive( gear or belt) and they are offered in left & right hand rotation. Q is only left hand rotation
100_0867.JPG

lil_armond":1lpvitff said:
The "Q" series is 9.5" @ widest point and the "R" is 12-13" @ widest point. Someone told me that the new "R" was an inch wider than the "K" series it took the place of. If any body knows for sure chime in I would like to know for sure. I run a "K" now and would like to go to a 4 blade "R" if I get the Felber Motor.

Yes they are available for the left hand rotation as well as right.

I think that may be a great combo Jeff. My 496s need at least a 3-blade Superwide, and tend to like a 4-blade. I think the R in a 4-blade may be the perfect place in the middle to suit my tastes. May need a lille bigger diameter though.....hmmmm.....

Felber

PTR IN YOUR OPION WHAT PROP PUSHS BETTER?THE 2 BLADE Q OR THE 3 BLADE H? I HAVE THE 3 BLADE H 72 NOW AND WAS WANTING TO GO WITH THE 70" 2 BLADE Q ,BUT DIDN'T WANT TO SCREW UP IF I SWITCHED PROPS AND GET STUCK WITH THE Q IF I DIDN'T LIKE IT .

personally I love the 2 blade Q over the 3 blade. On my boat it seem I had to run more rpms to run dry. And I run a ton of it. So the q was the best prop for me. I don't think u can go wrong with a Q. U can try mine one day and c if u like it. It is the 72 can u swing that?

Hunters and some part time racers or people who run tight areas I believe would prefer the R blade people who ride long areas and are not concerned about snap but more about fuel economy and cruising RPM's should run the S. I have ran all three on multiple boats and you can't say one is best for all boats. Oh yea the S is by far the quietest too. My new boat will have a four blade R blade. I have already set up two three blade R blades and they are pitched at or over 3 on our 550HP motors. All the plane and prop guy's will say three is not efficient but boy does that R blade hit hard where the S blade doesn't.

I RAN A BUDDY'S DAD BOAT THAT IS A 12 X 7 ULTRA LIGHT DIAMOND BACK WITH A 240 HP 0470 WITH A 70" 2 BLADE Q.AND IT SEEMS ALOT MORE SNAPPER THAN MY 3 BLADE H .WHAT LENGTH Q IS GOOD FOR A 170 ANGLE LYLCOMING .IT HAS A OLD STYLE SENSENICH OR POWER SHIFT HUB WITH 70" WHIRL WIND SUPER SNAPPERS ON IT NOW RUNS GOOD.BUT I HAVE RAN A COUPLE BUDDY'S 200 LYLCOMING WITH 70" Q AND THEY ALSO SEEM MORE RESPONSIVE . I JUST HAVE TO TALK THE OL LADY INTO GETTING RIDE OF THE THREE BLADE PROP SHE BOUGHT ME.ALREADY WENT FROM ALUM. HULLS TO GLASS AND SHE WAS NOT TO HAPPY.THEN SHE HERD ME TALKING ABOUT TRADING THE PROP AND GOT REAL PISSED.HER COMENT WAS TO LEAVE THE PROP ALONE ,BUT WHAT CAN SHE SAY WHEN IT IS GONE.SHE WILL JUST HAVE TO GET OVER IT .

Back