• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

RAZORS VERSUS SABERS

paulj

SOON BE GETTING SOME NEW BLADES FOR MY 70" 8 BLADE WARP-DRIVE. CONSIDERING THESE NEW COMPOSITE BLADES. PLEASE GIVE "HONEST" INPUT. 8 BLADES IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR ME, S.S. ISN'T MUCH TO WORK WITH! WILL HAVE TO TRIM TO 70", WHICH IS BETTER, SABERS OR RAZORS?

paulj said:
SOON BE GETTING SOME NEW BLADES FOR MY 70" 8 BLADE WARP-DRIVE. CONSIDERING THESE NEW COMPOSITE BLADES. PLEASE GIVE "HONEST" INPUT. 8 BLADES IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR ME, S.S. ISN'T MUCH TO WORK WITH! WILL HAVE TO TRIM TO 70", WHICH IS BETTER, SABERS OR RAZORS?
IF THE PROP IS FOR YOUR 540 8 BLADES IS TOO MUCH PROP IN MY OPINION. THE RAZOR BLADES ARE LESS EXPENSIVE AND LIGHTER AS A STANDARD OFF THE SHELF BLADE. YOU CAN ALSO GET THEM IN A SHORTER BLADE SO YOU DONT HAVE TO CUT THE TIPS OFF OF THEM.

paulj said:
im running 70" warps @ 9 degrees turning 3150 rpm's with 8 blades
IF YOU NEED MORE THAN 6 SABER OR RAZOR BLADES YOUR 540 HAS MORE POWER THEN MOST 540'S RUNNING A 300 NOS SHOT THEN. YOU CAN SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY ON 2 MORE BLADES IF YOU JUST HAVE TO HAVE THEM BUT YOU TALKED LIKE YOU NEED TO SAVE SOME MONEY. MOST OF YOU STRONGEST 540 MODIFIED BOATS ARE RUNNING 5 BLADES.

I haven't ran a razor yet but I do own a set of sabers had 2 actually and it's night and day compared to what your running. Yes the razors are cheaper and well as far as weight goes I can't tell you any different. I guess it's to each there own I just like te fact that I can go directly to sensinich and get new blades if needed or have done whatever I need.

HAMMERHEAD said:
paulj said:
IF YOU NEED MORE THAN 6 SABER OR RAZOR BLADES YOUR 540 HAS MORE POWER THEN MOST 540'S RUNNING A 300 NOS SHOT THEN. YOU CAN SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY ON 2 MORE BLADES IF YOU JUST HAVE TO HAVE THEM BUT YOU TALKED LIKE YOU NEED TO SAVE SOME MONEY. MOST OF YOU STRONGEST 540 MODIFIED BOATS ARE RUNNING 5 BLADES.

X2

i've noticed no difference in speed with the 8 blade set up, but as far as push, dry, no comparison! the more blades push harder Pitched to the same rpm.

Lmao you might run a 8 blade at 5 degrees in a 70" but it's a.known.fact both props really perform better with a lot of pitch even at 6_7 degrees your not getting optimum performance jmo

cont520 said:
I haven't ran a razor yet but I do own a set of sabers had 2 actually and it's night and day compared to what your running. Yes the razors are cheaper and well as far as weight goes I can't tell you any different. I guess it's to each there own I just like te fact that I can go directly to sensinich and get new blades if needed or have done whatever I need.

Welcome back Bro, we out of jail :lol: :lol: :lol: I ran 12 Sabers on my ride and it pushed as hard as the NGR and was little faster just like the sound of them NGRs better, call up a Dealer they have a 30 day policy, this hub had bolt pattern to run in 2 lengths not sure if they are doing that on all, Terry can pop in

972227_4197865683299_1044262663_n.jpg

heck maybe the next time someone will tell us what rule we broke :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: surely not being a Outlaw had anything to do with it 8)

paulj said:
There's a BIG difference in a 8 blade warp and a 8 blade saber... I promise you the 6 blade saber will choke that 540 down.

Back