• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Redfish Reports

What area do you fish?I I fish the waccasassa bay area It is a little more rocky (nasty sharp rocks I get about 3 years out of my 3/8") and the water is not as clear as north and south of that area.
I fish out of a small fishing club just purchased by one of the SA members dad. He has spent a good deal of money redoing several aspects of the club and created a nice more family oriented club. Gulf Hammock Fish Club
I spend time during the warmer months exploring on low tide to find holes.

Like Swap said during the warm times creek mouths bars and grass line at higher time. Colder is more back in the creeks.

There’s not a magic spot, a lot things can hold fish. Bars,creek intersections,natural bottom contour. Look for sign where people have been, mashed down grass where someone parked, footprints up and down the shore, It’s a lot of trail and error...

I live in Newberry and have fished up and down the entire big bend for years, from CR to Keaton. I have not been down the Wacassassa in an airboat, but I know about the club because I've been to the public ramp. I'll have to give the Wacassassa a try.

So far I've been concentrating on areas around shell mound.

I appreciate the heads up on trial and error. Gator season is almost over and cold weather is around the corner so need to start ridding some creeks and finding holes at lower tides.

Snook in Wacassassa? Nice! My dang boat is upside down right now waiting on polymer. Supposed to come in the next day or two. Been waiting awhile.

Barhopper redid my poly in march, Whata pain.

And yes sir been catching a number of 12"-22" snook. Both north and south, what's interest up north more so in the sandy creeks and down south out around the bars. Was jigging with a green lantern.

A few of the kicker boat guys caught their limit in trout. And we didn't catch the reds where I thought we would almost like winter fishing.

Made our first trip of the year after a long refit on polymer, decking, paint and wiring. We laid the smack down on them. Caught 30 slot fish, a few good trout, a handful of snook and one big nasty black drum. We did not catch any over slots but we did catch slots at almost every stop. Actually went back in one creek to do a little housekeeping and caught fish there too. Get out there and get after them!

That’s a awesome report, we went down last tide and stayed a few days. Weather was beautiful fishing was good, The red fishin was on a lot of slot fish and several over. The trout were slow only caught a few keepers. With this cool weather it should be gettin good!!!

Attachments

• 3BA49B93-25B0-4AE6-BDCB-63574EE7CDAB.jpeg
    3BA49B93-25B0-4AE6-BDCB-63574EE7CDAB.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 2,664
Haven’t heard much from you guys. Our fishing has been hit and miss, hope this cooler weather makes things more consistent

Fishing has been good. We’ve been catching a lot of slot fish just can’t seem to hit on any big ones. Fished a tournament last Saturday. Saw a lot of really nice fish brought in but not by us. We caught at least 25 slot fish but the biggest was only 24”. Been going at least twice a week and having no problem catching fish. A friend that fished in the tournament out of a jet boat went in the river. He said they caught 5 gags and some nice sheepshead there. We’ll be there next Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Supposed to be strong morning lows. Good luck to you!

Yea we've done ok a lot of mostly mid slot fish with a few close to 27". Have caught a few small snook 12-16", everything we caught was at the bottom of tide with an offshore breeze. Very low water fishing lol. Few nice trout over 21".

Glad to hear you guys are catching fish, Our last trip was a lot better,limit of nice trout for 3 guys and our Reds. It should be really good with the cool weather. Tight lines

We have lit them up the past couple days, especially today. Went to an old spot for the first time in awhile today. Pretty much stayed there all day. Great fishing. First went down to the mud flats to the south and loaded up on mud minnows. They really liked them today. Off for the next couple weeks so I hope to get a lot of trips in.

My brother came down from Virginia for a few days. We got a few hours to fish on sunday. A little drizzly rain and windy but in 2.5hrs caught our limit in 16-18" trout and 2 nice reds to send home with my brother.

Must have caught 30-40 fish a piece. We had a great time.

Well this has been a crazy winter,, hope you guys have done well, we’ve only be able to make a couple trips due to work.. Bringing up the next generation!!

Attachments

• 55AF239E-CC29-4852-AB36-896CDEA05C03.jpeg
    55AF239E-CC29-4852-AB36-896CDEA05C03.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 9
  • B8F8D4A5-0B96-4840-9040-AD2809CE1189.jpeg
    B8F8D4A5-0B96-4840-9040-AD2809CE1189.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 1A355C3C-D570-44BC-9C8D-6C62A8B3D95C.jpeg
    1A355C3C-D570-44BC-9C8D-6C62A8B3D95C.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 9
Back