• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Robert Marquis Fund

Hey yall, just a little update to let you know dad (Bud) is still in the hospital maybe he will get to come home tomorrow had fluid in his lungs and just not doing so good...not really sure what caused it.. Mom has been alone for a few days and has no way to get to the store or to the hospital she will call ted or Ken tomorrow to see if they can take her up to see Dad....You all don't realize she does not drive and their car is in very bad condition..so she is pretty stranded when Dads not around all the family is in northern Florida or Arizona i do keep in touch with her.. If any of you women are in the homestead area I am sure she would appreciate hearing from you..lets keep our fingers crossed for Dad and hope he gets better he is wanting to go back and drive his boat again...but he is very weak...Ps Hey Ken check on mom! I dont think john knows dad is not well someone please let him know...thanks Terri

Thank you very much Terri for letting us know how he is doing.
I just talked to Ken and will be calling him again in a few. He sent me the pics of Bud and Nancy and wants me to post them and then call him back. I will let him know to check on Nancy. He said that Bud is still in good spirits and still has a since of humor at least. :)

Ken is also waiting for Bud or Nancy to call and let him know when to come and pick him up either tomorrow or the next day. Also, I know that I was under the impression that if I were to call them like it has been suggested, that I might be a nuisance because it might be amongst many other calls from SA members but Ken told me tonight that they are not getting any calls....so...... Bud's new family please call them, afternoon is best.

OK, now for the pictures. :) They are in their forties in the pics and Nancy thinks it might be the same year of the crash. Bud's birthday and Nancy with one of her beloved animals. :)

BullfrogBudearlyfortiesKensPics.jpg

KensPicsNancyearlyforties.jpg

DOn't know how to reach them ,but surely would call if I did.
can someone pm me or provide for the rest of us?

Maybe we should move this to general airboat talk so more folks will be aware?
bondo

Link to Bud & Nancy's phone number.

I was asked to put the link up......now I have been asked to take the link down.

Don't want to cause any problems for Bud & Nancy!

PM me if you want the info and I will provide it and explain why.

Bud was walking through the door when I called. :) He is back home and he sounds strong.... a little congested yet, but strong.

He is thinking about firing his acupuncture Doctor and getting a real one...LOL

He was serious about a change in Dr.s though. He said he should have picked up on the problem with his lungs the last few times he was in but he did not even listen to his lungs or lay hands on at all. What a shame! That ain't right at all.

It will probably be a big mess trying to find another Doctor too. Does anyone know what type of Doctor his ailments need? Heart and Lungs right? Is that the only problems he has at this time?

Of course Nancy said to tell everyone thank you again and that she was so surprised with the basket and recognition she got that she did not know what to say but is still enjoying everything. She listed some of the things that she could remember off the top of her head...she is still going through everything and enjoying them. That is great! :) She is so sweet.

Bud said to say hello to all of his Southern Airboat family too, of course, and to let you all know he is better now and thinking about us. :)

Ken was in Miami when Nancy called him to go get Bud and he told her he was on his way but Bud wanted to go home "NOW" lol so she called Ted and he wasn't doing anything so he went and got him and brought him home.

The Florida Medical Association has a physician referral hot line in most cities.
You call and listen to a menu, I believe, and then select docs in your "needs" category.
If he cannot find that down in Homestead, I"ll call FMA up here and work on it from this end but it would be much better if he can do it down there because there will be questions I won't know the answer to.

I can probably help him get in quickly through contacts up here at FMA and in the Legislature...

let me know
bondo

bondo":2jnby4rb said:
The Florida Medical Association has a physician referral hot line in most cities.
You call and listen to a menu, I believe, and then select docs in your "needs" category.
If he cannot find that down in Homestead, I"ll call FMA up here and work on it from this end but it would be much better if he can do it down there because there will be questions I won't know the answer to.

I can probably help him get in quickly through contacts up here at FMA and in the Legislature...

let me know
bondo

Thank you so much Bondo. I will look up the number and see if I can at least get a quick call in now...

Thanks!!!

bondo":29j3jxvw said:
DOn't know how to reach them ,but surely would call if I did.
can someone pm me or provide for the rest of us?

Maybe we should move this to general airboat talk so more folks will be aware?
bondo

I heard that the link was getting in the way of an SA member that really can help so we decided to take the link off for a moment so that they can get through on the phone to Nancy and Bud to help them with their health care delima. At this moment, Bud and Nancy are OK. I personally think that they will love calls from their family. I for one, totally enjoyed it!

You all are such fantastic people its a shame we are not closer to have get togethers
friends are what its all about....I will send these blogs to mom and dad I am sure Ken is getting the information to them too.. so they can read all you write about them and phone numbers to call thanks for all the support and concern ....sincerely Terri

I spoke to bud and Nancy tonight. Bud sounds like his old self again. He said he is getting his strength back and feels good. He is on some new meds, and Nancy told me that the Doc said no more salt for Bud. I told Bud I Will Drive down to Homestead and see him in a few days. He goes back to the Doc on Wed. Maybe I'll go down on Thursday or Friday.

Back