• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in, send request for help to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Ron's EcoCruse 127

chuckitt@earthlink.net

Silent Prop
R. I. P.
The EcoCruze 127 Airboat
Hull: New Style Rivermaster hand laid by Marty Bray, 12 ft X 7 ft 6 inch.
Metalworks: Stainless Steel, rear steer single, front double, Pancake Cage by Ron Paxson.
Engine: 2011 Chevy Cruze LUJ 1.4L Turbo ( 1364cc ) GM ECM controlled
Emissions: Catilitic Converter and EVAP System
Reduction: Century Drives Eco 2 to 1 Belt
Prop: Water Walker 3 Blade Cypress 68 inch
Steering: Teleflex Cable with Airboat Inc 40 X 20 Foam Filled Rudders
Seat Covers: Lynn's Stitch Shop
Performance: 179 HP at 5000 rpm and 20 psi boost.
Speed: 68 mph in 400 ft.

At Little Nichols, i raced against Donny Lovetts 0-540 SV and we were dead even at the finish line. This small engine turned out to be a lot more than we expected.
We expect this boat to exceed 12 miles per gal when cruzing 28 mph.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqsg33TgttQ
100_4206.jpg

Tony480

68 MPH IN 400'??? Who had the radar? That seems far fetched....about like a carb making your rudders fall off.

chuckitt@earthlink.net

Silent Prop
R. I. P.
Hey Tony, That is what the GPS read.
The carb is only part of the problem. I haven't had much time to answer his post as it will take a few pages to lay out everything that has happened to that boat. Many things will come to light.
Chuck

skinny99

Good looking little boat, prob fun as he!! to drive. One question is there a reason you chose the 2:1 box over a higher ratio?

Tony480

68 mph.Lmao!! :lol: Be lucky if it would do that being pulled behind your truck. That's faster than a lot of boats at the races. Must be a carbon fiber rivermaster with chrome moly polished rigging and a 300 shot on it.

chuckitt@earthlink.net

Silent Prop
R. I. P.
Hey Skinny, This belt drive by Centry Drives is the only drive that will bolt to the engine. It these engines start selling, Centry may do us a 2.4 to 1 or something close to that.
We will do an emission test to see if we can pass EPA standards and then we will get them certified. Just looking to the future and clean up the air some.
Chuck

skinny99

chuckitt@earthlink.net said:
Hey Skinny, This belt drive by Centry Drives is the only drive that will bolt to the engine. It these engines start selling, Centry may do us a 2.4 to 1 or something close to that.
We will do an emission test to see if we can pass EPA standards and then we will get them certified. Just looking to the future and clean up the air some.
Chuck
Gotcha. Is it making boost at 3200-3300 RPM's? How much?

chuckitt@earthlink.net

Silent Prop
R. I. P.
Hey Tony, in the video, Ron would not hold the throttle down over 300 ft. Get Donny Lovett's phone # and call him. He could not beleave it ran down his 0-540.
Chuck

chuckitt@earthlink.net

Silent Prop
R. I. P.
On the datalog it showed the positive boost just starting at 3200 rpm. At 5000 it was making 20 psi boost. We will work on the tune to get at least 22 psi boost. The boat launches with the help of VVT getting Max Torque at 2000 rpm.
Chuck

ptr34

in the video it dont look that fast was that a full throttle pass till u let out ???

BlowInIt

12mpg seems very far fetched too. Mikes little black fiberglass ecotech is only getting 5.5mpg running sround kissimme how in the hell is this boat gona get over 12mpg?

John C

Hey Chuck, you need to let someone drive that boat that will keep their foot in it. You can hear him let off in the video. I'm sure a lot of folks want to see what these little boats can really do.

plumcrazy

BlowInIt said:
Boat does look good, but those #s ant even close to realistic. Sorry
/i have driven one of these boats and lets just say that reality is a case of perception ... dont under estamate this technology is pretty amazing to me , i really see myself having one of these fun little boats soon

BlowInIt

Hey I agree, and honestly 5.5mpg is awsome for a airboat, but to say this one will get 12mpg and does 68mph in 400' is just bs in my book. Just calling it like I see it.