• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in, send request for help to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Ron's EcoCruse 127

gyrocopter582

Tony480, I am curious as to your ability to predict airboat performance.
It appears that you have experience with turbocharged ECOtec engines.
Considering Ron's hull type, rigging, prop, etc, how much horsepower / torque,
would you estimate it would take to achieve "69 in 400" ?
I'm eager to learn from people with extraordinary engine experience, such as yourself.
Thank you, Gyro.

fl cracker

There are race boats out there with close to a thousand or more HP knocking on the door of 70 mph in 400'. The Eco tech is not even close to that, but they do run great. Just saying!

Bubba

gyrocopter582 said:
Tony480, I am curious as to your ability to predict airboat performance.
It appears that you have experience with turbocharged ECOtec engines.
Considering Ron's hull type, rigging, prop, etc, how much horsepower / torque,
would you estimate it would take to achieve "69 in 400" ?
I'm eager to learn from people with extraordinary engine experience, such as yourself.
Thank you, Gyro.
I will back Tony up on this! I have a thousand dollars to put up against all of you eco people that says the boat will not do it. Better than that I wil get it set up with track officials at the sanctioned race on Sept. 21 so yall can do a exhibition pass off the ramps with beams, lights, and a print out of et and mph. Hell that gives yall 3 weeks too get your money together and draw a crowd!!!! I am curious as to your ability Gyro to predict airboat performance myself, and here is your chance. No excuse, no bs just a fair friendly wager for all the honest people to see! Hell Ron this is right up your alley, is all out it public not in a closed forum. Nothing to be mad about anymore. Put up or shut up its that simple.

HAMMERHEAD

i would say those 1000 hp boats are running more like 95 to 100 mph. modified boats running in the 300 hp range are running 70 to 80 mph. if you want to gauge wether or not the eco tech is running near the 70 mph mark in 400 feet line it up next to one of the modified race boats and see how it stacks up.

JB550

I don't know about the top speed, or how quick off the line, etc. that the ecotech engines are, but I did watch russ"s ecotech run back and forth in the green grass at polluted waters with 8 grown men standing on it. There were several 0540 boats having to shake a rake to get off of that grass. There is a video of it that I am sure will be posted soon. For sure 69 in 400 feet is hauling a$$ for any boat. It would be real interesting to see one put on a step hull. JMO

Bubba

JB550 said:
I don't know about the top speed, or how quick off the line, etc. that the ecotech engines are, but I did watch russ"s ecotech run back and forth in the green grass at polluted waters with 8 grown men standing on it. There were several 0540 boats having to shake a rake to get off of that grass. There is a video of it that I am sure will be posted soon. For sure 69 in 400 feet is hauling a$$ for any boat. It would be real interesting to see one put on a step hull. JMO
I dont doubt it could be done with the right people and hulls. I am saying that this thread has a bunch of bs info and most people know that. Even the ones who wont admit it. It doesnt get any simpler than my offer to them to prove it and get paid lol.

dak10

U keep ur money cuz its not a race boat and I dont know how many time I have said it but some people will not let it die u go as fast as u like I will ride my pace an l will get there, lifes to dam short I dont care how fast "that dam boat" will go im out to have fun an enjoy the ride an hopefully meet new people but im not sure if I want to meet some of u people "rude" sure like the way people put words in my mouth for me thanks

gyrocopter582

Lets "Break It Down",
Y'all know it all's,
present an airboat, engine, gearbox, prop, and hull combo,
that will achieve, what was it... 69 mph in 400 feet..
I don't know myself, I have been jockeying an airboat about 6 months.
Funny how the BS exists regardless of the venue.
Raced roundy-round for 3 years, Same bullsheit...

HAMMERHEAD

250 lb. hull, 540 lyc. no gear box, 5 blade razor or saber prop, single rear and single front seat. that should be a boat that would run in that mph range in 400 feet.

Tony480

Well then you need to set your hero Chuck straight. Cause that moron sure thinks it does 69...but then again he's a washed up never has been.

sidejobs

Tony480 said:
Well then you need to set your hero Chuck straight. Cause that moron sure thinks it does 69...but then again he's a washed up never has been.
Wish my boat would do 69....I love doin 69!!!!!!!

WaterWalker

sidejobs said:
Tony480 said:

Such a genius is ole Chuckitt!

First he knows from the old days that the square root of 69 is "eight- something"

Next he wanted to promote the awareness of their EcoTec engines in airboats, so;

He set his GPS to read kilometers and got an honest 69 in 400 feet. knowing quite well that 69 is a "magic number".

Then he got a thread going that has gotten 422 comments and 23,544 views.

(plum is recently offering to trade his last born for a new EcoTec to replace his famous 4-banger!)

So don't sell ole Chuck short. He earned his stripes in the early racing circuits as a partner with racing legend, Dick Hoffman.

When I need an answer to a "fine point" about airboats, I call Chuck Rackley.

David Wine

WaterWalker

sidejobs said:
Tony480 said:

Such a genius is ole Chuckitt!

First he knows from the old days that the square root of 69 is "eight- something"

Next he wanted to promote the awareness of their EcoTec engines in airboats, so;

He set his GPS to read kilometers and got an honest 69 in 400 feet. knowing quite well that 69 is a "magic number".

Then he got a thread going that has gotten 422 comments and 23,544 views.

(plum is recently offering to trade his last born for a new EcoTec to replace his famous 4-banger!)

So don't sell ole Chuck short. He earned his stripes in the early racing circuits as a partner with racing legend, Dick Hoffman.

When I need an answer to a "fine point" about airboats, I call Chuck Rackley.

David Wine

JB550

gyrocopter582 said:
Well said David.
Only problem is, if you call Chuck, you better have at least half an hour to talk! :salute:

:cheers: :cheers: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Baaaahahahah :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: Man you got that right Gyro.

dak10

well well All is good with this lil eco tech she has been running like a top getting about 8 miles to the gal how sweet is that
Been riding with some people around the swamp so more an more people like the lil idea but I do see some people point of view
so we will see how she is going as time goes on
there was a nice turn out at hotdog this weekend

Attachments

• DSCF3947.JPG
    DSCF3947.JPG
    695.3 KB · Views: 5,382