• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

RV Camping and Airboating

WDE123

What are some of your favorite places to go airboating and bring an RV? Recently got a camper and would like to check out new places we haven’t been before. Would prefer full hook ups but not a deal breaker

There's also Coleman Landing. Water and electric, dump station, right on Lake Kissimmee with beautiful views and airboat ramp as well as a couple of standard boat ramps. Or, if you want a great experience, try the River Ranch RV Resort behind Westgate River Ranch. It's a short drive to Coleman Landing but if you have kids, there's a ton of stuff to do at Westgate and the RV resort is very nice.

Are we hauling kids or just adults? I believe you are out of Jupiter, there are plenty of options within a 2 hour drive. I suggest starting with the West side of Lake O, there are several RV options between Okeechobee and Moore Haven. None are exactly "airboat friendly" as you will need to trailer launch each day, but you will meet plenty of interesting characters and will have miles to explore :cheers:

Mack's fish camp, Pembroke Pines! Great place to ride and You won't find better folks that Marshall Jones and his family!

Put Loughman Lake on the top of your list for some awesome St Johns river spots you'll enjoy for days!

Slidin Gator said:
Are we hauling kids or just adults? I believe you are out of Jupiter, there are plenty of options within a 2 hour drive. I suggest starting with the West side of Lake O, there are several RV options between Okeechobee and Moore Haven. None are exactly "airboat friendly" as you will need to trailer launch each day, but you will meet plenty of interesting characters and will have miles to explore :cheers:

Leaving the kids at home for now. Yes we are in the farms. If we aren’t in 2A, we’re on the lake. We’re thinking about headed north to explore a bit

"emmitt Kelly" post_id=703469 time=1620678104 user_id=1289
With Loughman’s sold and closed permantly ..is there another r.v. Camp that is airboat friendly nearby

Dangit man! When did that happen!
They had the best lizard nuggets and buffalo shrimps!
And the bird tower and many spot close to that ramp.

Did the ramp close too, (guessing it did as it too was gated). But aint' there a public ramp just down the road from Loughman entrance/driveway? :scratch:

You could boondock camp at hatbill, however technically you need a permit. It's free to aquire. Dry load or use the ramp. Typically its a long washboard dirt road, but the riding is great, Water is rising pretty fast... let us know how your travels go, I'd like to do the same, and don't mind a drive

Loading my shuff up now, just getting done with pumping up the airbags. RVing has gotten so much simpler since the kids grew up :cheers:

Tow-Rig-600x800.jpg

Lwells said:
There are airboat ramps on lake O between Okeechobee and lakeport one is at the kissimmee river

I completely forgot about Okee-Tantie campground on the West side of Lake O.
Some real nice tall grass running decent ramp and a nice campground.
GrandPa build fishing cabins on lake O back in the 50's, I sure miss riding on it.

Back